Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Victory change for phase 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
No other changes in terms of "what is / isn't a victory."

So I'd assume that secondary units such as myself that are sent with the main will still get no experience. Correct?

It's fair enough, except for the stance that units that are in the battle roster but not used will get 25 points. Seems a tad strange that units that arn't used will get experience, but a secondary-type unit, however the effectiveness, will still get nothing.

I mean I understand if that's still the case, and I can see that you may want to limit the effectiveness of secondary-type units to just that single benefit of making the main one's task easier, but either way it does kinda clash with the units that'll do nothing yet still get experience.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your regiment has to go onto a roster so you'd be eligible for 25 points of experience still at least unless I'm mistaken.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chimei Star, if you are used as a secondary unit you will get at least 25 exp for being in the roster. Plus as a Gunner unit you can be used in battle as a regular unit giving you as much chance as anyone else of gaining exp.

[EDIT] Beaten by Phil^^
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sounds pretty damn awesome to me.

I have a question about its implementation that I didn't see as being answered, so forgive me if this is a repeat question. If so, just ignore it, and I will learn my lesson and read better.

Will everyone start at 0 regiment experience in Phase 17, or will our VCs directly become regiment XP, or are you going to assign regiment XP to the units who actually won (by going back through the battles), or what?

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Current victories will be converted into regiment experience.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great! That answers my question. Looking forward to this change!

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Will this be a cosmetic VC-EXP change or will the actual calculations for most/all the stats change as well? (I'm not asking for any details)

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh. Ya know, I really really like this idea. It'll make the more advanced units less hard to get, which is of course awesome.Once I finally tried to get involved in the war systems, I realized it would be ages before I could ever hop to be a higher tier regiment, but now it seems slightly less...Daunting.

Looking forward to the change!

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tek Jansen wrote:
Will this be a cosmetic VC-EXP change or will the actual calculations for most/all the stats change as well? (I'm not asking for any details)

It will be "cosmetic" (as you put it) only at first, since the stats won't change after the conversion. But the whole point of the change is being able to gain "fractional victory counts", and so once the results of phase 17 will be added in the form of regiment experience, the change will be far from being merely "cosmetic" - it will make a real difference.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorryt guys, I just been given a dose of painkillers so I'm not huge on the thinking at the moment.

Vextor said it will though!

Basically, how the system works at the moment will not change. Nobody (or nations) will get any free pools of regiment experience, nobody will get penalised for harvest victories and nobody will have access to any classified data - all iscalio will keep track of is who wins and who loses in battles, the roster experience will be just gathered by me.

Chiepoo's regiment changes will just be 500 experience for tier 2, 700 for tier 3 and so forth.

We're talking at the moment about harvesting experience as the whole point of victory harvesting was to allow newer members a greater chance when older members have left. With regiment experience it will not be necessarily necessary. But until you hear from us, just don't worry about harvesting at the moment.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can we still keep a function that tells us how many battles we have won though?

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean the victory thread thing? Yeah that'll still be done.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If someone were to forfeit a battle, would the units not moved to other battles get 25 points or would it be like the battle never happened?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
No other changes in terms of "what is / isn't a victory."

So no.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One question.

Will units used in road construction /destruction or in explorations in which there are no battles be given 25 points?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: