Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Victory change for phase 17
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Victory change for phase 17 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starting phase 17 there will be no more victory counts. Ever.

Other than "Regiment Experience" (it's a tenuous name) will be awarded for various actions taken place in the phase, even if you don't see battle!! This will allow newer and less victorious units to power up sufficient over phases.

Regiment Experience is awarded for the following situations:
  • For each victory in battle: 100 points
  • For seeing battle but loosing: 50 points
  • For being used in the phase roster but not seeing battle: 25 points
At the moment all that will need to be done would be for the victory list thread to be updated to include all those who lose in a phase (obviously separated from the winners). So whoever looks after that thread (iscalio!) would probably have more work.

There are possible additions coming in the future (such as member training by experienced units) but we're going to see how this plays out first before introducing anything more.

This will go into effect from the start of phase 17 and victory counts for phase 16 will still be done in the usual manner.

Any questions, complaints or insane ramblings?

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So does that mean the requirements for using Jeffersons to choose a path is going to be 100 regiment experience or more?

Also, is it going to be retroactively inputted so if someone loses in an old phase, they get the training as well or is everyone going to start Tabula Rasa from now on?

If it's the former, I foresee a lot of work ahead. If it's the latter, not so much work.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are victories taken from civilian unit vic harvesting going to be included in the calculations? Will duels result in any different regiment experience during a phase or will they just be counted as seeing battle?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have no questions, as I'm not 100% on understanding the system yet. But I like what I hear. As a new guy who has posted plenty, but has never seen battle, this helps me out. I know nation leaders have to plan on getting a lot of VC's for their new people, and could sometimes have trouble fitting everyone in, and it seems like this will only help. So, kudos on that! I'm excited now!

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question: Are you going to award the first experience based on current victory counts, or overall career victories? Like there are active people with the bulk of their victories that are harvested. So would they suffer the penalty of having them removed and using just their own. While the members that the victories was harvested from, get theirs back in the form of experience?

Complaint: I can see this as an attempt to help close the gap between the strong and the weak to make things more challenging over all. But I don't think that's the case. The stronger nations tend to have more territories, meaning they have more PP to do more stuff. Meaning that they have more opportunities to strengthen more of their members, even if they lose. Especially if the spread it out among battles against neutral things instead of nations. I.E. Naval Claims, Counter Insurgencies, Explorations.

Suggestion: Something to save time in the beginning, instead of going through each battle and changing the experience for each and every person who won and lost. Just make a pool of experience for each nation and let them give it out to their members how the like. Just for the change over. This allows them to give things to their active members, rather than their inactive harvests getting it instead.

Inane Rambling: My fucking chair snapped and broke as I was typing this, sending me sprawling to the floor and almost splitting my head open on the cabinet behind me! And it did it for no reason! I barely even lean back in the stupid thing!

I think that covers everything...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Victory change for phase 17 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:

Regiment Experience is awarded for the following situations:
  • For each victory in battle: 100 points
  • For seeing battle but loosing: 50 points
  • For being used in the phase roster but not seeing battle: 25 points

Just to make sure, if for example my unit is in the roster for a battle, won the first turn, didn't get action at second turn (rostered for 3rd round but 3rd round didn't begin due to the previous 2 rounds showing clear winner of the second turn) and lost the third turn, do I get 100 (1 win) + 25 (used but not seeing battle) + 50 (1 loss) = 175 points?

Would rejected duel challenge net 100 points or 25 points?

Would experience points be gained for special stuff (Rune Cannon, and various regiments that automatically reduced 25% enemy soldier, etc)?

Would experience points affected Path equivalent like victory counts? Example: Say 1 victory count boosts X's STR stat by 10 points. Would that 1 victory count being converted into 100 experience points also boost X's STR stat by the same value (10 points)?

And I'm looking forward for the new list of Tier 2-3-4 minimum experience requirement.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Suggestion: Something to save time in the beginning, instead of going through each battle and changing the experience for each and every person who won and lost. Just make a pool of experience for each nation and let them give it out to their members how the like. Just for the change over. This allows them to give things to their active members, rather than their inactive harvests getting it instead.

I have a slight complant about this one because I have recently left my nation, and was in there since about Phase 3, I have seen quiet a bit of action, but from this I might get nothing. Unless of course Mercs got there own and the nations didn't get to touch there stuff I'd have to disagree with this one.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:(

I mean, yeah, this sounds like an interesting change to pull the gap nearer between jebus units and the weaker ones... let's see how it turns out.

Anyhow it looks like a poor situation for Mr. iscalio, what more work for him. :o

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now THAT'S a major change. But I definately agree with it, it didnt make sense before that you couldnt learn from your mistakes.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Now THAT'S a major change. But I definately agree with it, it didnt make sense before that you couldnt learn from your mistakes.

That's a good point. Don't they say you learn more when you lose? I think someone in the Mighty Ducks movie may have said it, but still!

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Victory change for phase 17 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:

I would be under the impression that if the duel was rejected then you didn't have to duel and thus it would fall under 'being used but not winning' and 25 points, whereas if you did duel and you won/lost, it would be 100/50. It would in a sense be a clarification on some ambiguities that surprisingly needs clarification on what it clarifies. :P

On this though, since there are ways to circumvent an action within a phase (namely duels through Gathering Intel) if one gathers intel which results in a duel decline through some means or another how would that be treated? As you did not win or lose any battle as none took place and yet you were used the battle? I would think it would come under the being used in the phase roster but not seeing battle, but the specifics of it are really vastly different from someone who simply 'wasn't used'.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this is a very interesting change, indeed. I still have a lot of questions in mind though, but I'll just have to wait for more word about this idea as I think my questions would be covered once we get more info. Until then, I'm not too sure what to think about this new implementation in the system. I don't know whether I would like the change or not. Either way, let's just wait and see how it turns out.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Victory change for phase 17 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Aurelien wrote:

I would be under the impression that if the duel was rejected then you didn't have to duel and thus it would fall under 'being used but not winning' and 25 points, whereas if you did duel and you won/lost, it would be 100/50. It would in a sense be a clarification on some ambiguities that surprisingly needs clarification on what it clarifies. :P

I simply seek for clarification because under the previous rule, rejected duel challenge resulted in 1 victory count. And though it's more like "victory by default due to the opponent refusing to duel" rather than "victory of beating your enemy", it's still a victory none the less. And according to the new rule, a victory is worth 100 points. Hence, my request for clarification from the admin.

So from my point of view, rejected duel challenge means:
1. The unit is used
2. But the unit did not see battle (25 points)
3. However, the unit technically gained "victory" (100 points)

So if a unit gained a victory but without going into a battle, how many points do they get? That's my initial question. ^^

I consider the 25 points to be meant for those being planned to be used but did not get any action due to the enemy forfeiting or already lost in 2 rounds. But of course I could be wrong in interpreting the new rules.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This sounds very interesting and will hopefully address one of my main moans that new units generally equal weak units. I'd like to see exactly how this will be implemented though.

Ax wrote:

At the moment all that will need to be done would be for the victory list thread to be updated to include all those who lose in a phase (obviously separated from the winners). So whoever looks after that thread (iscalio!) would probably have more work

Would this person not have to have access to all of the nations roster lineups in order to give out points to those units included but not used?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking the same thing, actually.

The only idea I had in mind would be to divide the work = Winners, Losers, and Everyone else. Winners and Losers could be done by most people on the board since they're made public (most of them are anyway, I'm not sure if some are kept hidden), while those used in rosters but not in the battles itself could be handled by an admin... after the battle, of course, since giving it while the battle is ongoing could possibly leak.

And no one would want that. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: