Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

AIM button error

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: AIM button error Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, when I go to click on a member's AIM button, it just brings me to a "Cannot find server" page. This never happened before. I downloaded an old version of aim, and then deleted it. Thats when this started. I still have the AIM I always had, and it always worked before. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

4917 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to reinforce this... it's happening with me as well. Although I had never clicked it before until now, so there's a possibility it never worked with me in the first place.

Which reminds me, I need to add my AIM. xD
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The AIM button on the forums uses AIM's own protocol to open up the AIM application. If that application on your computer is not configured to accept the "aim:" protocol, the button will not work. Check your browser associations and all that stuff within the application to ensure that Aim still accepts that as the protocol.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In leiu of that, you can just hover over the button and get their name from the link.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
In leiu of that, you can just hover over the button and get their name from the link.

Bah, the amount of effort that takes is astronomical. I'm sure I just need to restart my computer perhaps.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here 2
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fuji already answered your question.

-closed-

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: