Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How to grow good mushrooms/mints
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Growing either was always to much of a pain for me, I never did use much magic in Suikoden except against bosses so i just gave it up for the meantime. I still have yet to see the mushroom vs. mint war. For some reason I never can get it to happen. suikoguild, , is right there needs to be a FAQ on this.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh I got a war, I was highly disturbed. I'm like "why are we called the Liberation Army?"
I didn't quite get it. I was scared. I was all...."aww i rerember this" the music was the same, the sound effects. just, well the plot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That war is very disturbing... After all that i didn't go into that room again.. Unless of course it's another playthrough... It seems that Mint are VERY helpful.

I agree with, kuwaizair... It's very reminiscent of past Suikodens... Can't believe how that went...

The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got it down pat now. But then, in the battle, a funny thing happened. I was so interested in what all the special commands did that I up and lost. I get so caught up in planning my strategy that the whole thing passed me by... :cry: All those poor mushrooms and mints. Couldn't they have just talked it all out? Negotiation is a gift that I would have been happy to share. *sniff*

*snicker*

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scary? How is it scary? Does it look just like the army battles from Suikoden 1?..I mean exactly or just similar?

Like I said I haven't gotten a battle yet, kinda curious but I can't seem to get it to happen. I probably did something wrong i'm sure.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm having problems growing, I'll give the guy what I want, and when I go to check for a mint I never get one, then I talk to him he asks for what I want, why are my goods disspearing?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
i'm having problems growing, I'll give the guy what I want, and when I go to check for a mint I never get one, then I talk to him he asks for what I want, why are my goods disspearing?

When Mao or Nao says ''W may be able to harvet them soon'' or something like that,you must go to the table that is located in the middle of the room.Press 'X' and grab the goodies.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh, gmm......yeh somtimes I'd do that. I only got mints that worsen status. mysterious and gloomy.

Chris McDohl

Chris

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

whoa i didn't know there was a mini-war game there between the weirdos.........

i like Mao better....hehhehehe
mishia

Arcania Orion

109 Potch
89 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To grow good mushrooms and mint, you have to choose the appropriate answers for each stage and depending on what answer you chose for each of the different developments you'll get a certain no. points at the end of each stage. To get good mushroom/mint you'll need between 3 to -2 points.

I actually did a lot of it on New Game+ after I bought the guide because they have the table and chart for growing of mushroom and mint. The war is to obtain mixed herbs which replenishes all MP. Not that I need a lot of it, I just sold what I grew, they actually sell of quite well, except that I kept all of the mint and herbs.

I like Nao. He's freaky but funny.
mishia

Arcania Orion

109 Potch
89 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Note: there may be errors..
A, B and C refer to the options given in each question. The number in each bracket refers to the points obtain after each question. By the way, this chart in from the Strategy Guide. Yup, that's it
here's the chart/table I mentioned earlier:

For Mushroom

Spores
Question 1
A [3] B [0] C[-4]
Question 2
A [-1] B [7] C [-8]
Question 3
A [-4] B [4] C [-1]
Question 4
A[2] B[6] C[-3]
Question 5
A [-6] B [3] C [0]

Development stage
Question 1
A [12] B [1] C[-9]
Question 2
A [-6] B [5] C [-2]
Question 3
A [-3] B [5] C [-1]
Question 4
A [1] B [6] C [-3]
Question 5
A [-6] B [4] C [1]

Harvesting time
Question 1
A [-9] B [-1] C[6]
Question 2
A [9] B [1] C [-6]
Question 3
A [-6] B [1] C [8]
Question 4
A[-12] B[-1] C[8]
Question 5
A [12] B [0] C [-6]

For Mint

Seeds
Question 1
A [6] B [0] C[-7]
Question 2
A [-7] B [-6] C [1]
Question 3
A [4] B [3] C [0]
Question 4
A[-3] B[-5] C[5]
Question 5
A [-4] B [0] C [3]

Development stage
Question 1
A [-7]B [4] C[1]
Question 2
A ([-10] B [1] C [12]
Question 3
A [-4] B [5] C [1]
Question 4
A [0] B [9] C [-12]
Question 5
A (-6) B (-1) C (3)

Harvesting time
Question 1
A [9] B [1] C[-12]
Question 2
A [8] B [2] C [-7]
Question 3
A [5] B [-1] C [-4]
Question 4
A[-8] B(1) C(-6)
Question 5
A [12] B [-1] C [-8]

Yup that's it. Just do the math and try to get the total points after harvesting to be between -3 and 3 and you'll get good mint/mushroom.

Hope this helps.
Have fun.
Soria

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So far I've only tried to grow the mushrooms, and I keep forgetting to just select the first answers. I have managed to get normal mushrooms,though and in the process of trying to remember the right orders for them I got a lot of bad ones and still didn't find the right orders. So I thought I'd list all the bad mushrooms I've managed to find so far. I wonder if the mints have all the same stat. decreasing properties? I don't know who would actually WANT to use these horrible things, but if you care to take a look at them then here are the ones I've found so far:

1. Poisonous Mushroom
2. Sleepy Mushroom
3. Bucket Mushroom
4. Silence Mushroom
5. Mysterious Mushroom
6. Confusion Mushroom
7. Gloomy Mushroom

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
Kane of the Black Sea

Pilage and Plunder

77740 Potch
208 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also always get that thing where he will ask me how i want it.. then when I come back later he just asks me again and I don't get any Mushrooms out of it. It's a huge paine in the elbow. :twisted:

Nameless Lands : Chikei - Avenging Star
Sig art by ardPSiko

All I want out of Life it to be a monkey of moderate intelligence who wears a suit.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i tell one of them what i want but it doesn't ever show up i know where to grab it because i made 1 mushroom before but how long is the wait for a mushroom/mint to be made and am i not spose to leave the ship or something they just arnt showing up in that little bag.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It takes about 7 minutes only for them to ask you to grow them again. That means you can go to the training hall, level up, or go fishing in order to pass that time very quickly.

SARS pointed this out earlier, but if you choose to grow mints, if you keep selecting the FIRST choice all the time, you will get a mint at the end. That's a very easy way to grow mints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: