Suikoden Unique and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

time line

View previous topic :: View next topic  
synira

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: time line Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whats up with the timeline? Was it made by Konami or fans?

I ask because the one on this website seems to be a little out-of-date. Like some of the things that wnet on in S5 do not show up AT ALL int he timeline.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was made by Vextor, owner of Suikox. He hasn't updated it in a while, but there is a more up to date timeline at http://www.suikosource.com/ if you want to look. Some of the stuff not mentioned in the game was obtained by other methods, like the Suikoden Encyclopedia etc.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ive been meaning to ask this, when is this current board scenario set? timewise from the games.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's set at no time whatsoever.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really? Oh thanks for that. Makes my character History a whole lot easier to write. I was originally under the asumption that it was set after one of the games or after all of them.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, we have people from Suikoden II and people from Suikoden IV. So we don't really worry about that. Vextor just uses stuff that looks cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not just people, but nations also. Scarlet Moon and the Tinto Republic didn't exist at the same time either.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And Kooluk definitely didn't exist at the same time as many of the other nations. I mean, if Kooluk can exist, may as well let the Dunan Monarchy exist as well, etc.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always found it curious why you would chose to use Scarlet Moon instead of the Toran Republic, but with the rebels now, it makes more sense.

Heh, any chance Aronia will be appearing out of no where?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope not! That would conflict with Harmonia. I think Vexie just picks a nation that existed in said land that works best. While Tinto may work best as a stand alone nation, Dunan is best used post-II rather than as the City-States or Dunan Monarchy since we care more about that period. On the other hand, we use SME rather than Toran, because we don't know much about modern day Toran. All in all, it's easiest to go with what we know.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Plus, there already was a Republic (Tinto Republic) so having the Toran Republic wouldn't have been as good. This was before the Kooluk Empire, but that's neither here nor there.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope Aronia doesn't rise from nowhere, their capital became Rupanda, which became Greminster, and Kooluk already found one Aronian ruin. If they rise out of nowhere they're just going to be dead in between SME and Kooluk.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axiose wrote:
Plus, there already was a Republic (Tinto Republic) so having the Toran Republic wouldn't have been as good. This was before the Kooluk Empire, but that's neither here nor there.

It's always Kooluk's fault.

Rapanda wasn't the capital of Aronia was it? It was a city in Harmonia, that Kranach claimed as his own. I would think it'd be more around Crystal Valley and north of it.

Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So it's kind of like a fantasy timeline right now? Everyone from Suikoden IV to III are here, at the age of whatever. I like it :P

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it works well, I think.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: