Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A very pissed of Valeria fan.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drakken

The Crimson Sword

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UberYuber wrote:

Women aren't complicated, men are just idiots.

Sadly I'll admit this is true. There is a reason we are considered to be the "dimmer gender", and that reason is on the majority of the screw ups we have are usually the little moments that really count. Never give us too much credit because we can screw up the most simple things such as introducing your significant other. I speak from experience. There have been times I have even forgot to introduce my wife.........(thinks back to the last trip to the video store where such an instance occured).......... I just thank heavens that I got a girl that understands that no matter how intelligent we front we all have our idiot moments. Though everything else that has been posted is very good reasons for this indescretion, it could come down to something as simple as his very own idiot moment.
And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
Keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin? it?s time to die.
sanosukeii

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sanosukeii wrote:
you guys got it all mixed up *laugh*. im a guy. yeah i know some people are not open minded to gay relationships but when it comes to me being introduced to someone, i'd like to be introduced properly. and if he felt uncomfortable with the situation, he couldve just said my name or nothing at all.

i talked to him about it, anyway. i told him i was pissed for that whole hour and he seemed a bit confused. i guess im a little sensitive, but either way this is an issue we are still working on. im not gonna dump him over this happening one time, i just want him to understand.

Although he was a bit frustrated, it was mainly because I was making it a big deal. I can be such a brat when it comes to things like this. He just wasn't comfortable enough to tell practically a stranger about me, but then again only most of his close friends know about me. Yet I should consider just that to be okay. He does care for me, after all.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, speaking as someone else that is gay I think that it isn't asking too much for you to want your boyfriend to tell people that you are a couple IF they already know he is gay. Just because you are in a relationship with someone, though, that does not give you a right to demand that they come out just for you. Coming out is a personal process and something a person has to go through on their own. It cannot and should not be rushed, not even if it is because you are in a relationship with someone else that IS out.

If your boyfriend is already out, though, then I think it'd be nice if he were to actually be proud of dating you. It isn't something that you need to get worked up over if you KNOW how he feels about you, but if you are a little insecure then he should be working overtime to let you and other people know how he feels.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saben wrote:
Well, speaking as someone else that is gay I think that it isn't asking too much for you to want your boyfriend to tell people that you are a couple IF they already know he is gay. Just because you are in a relationship with someone, though, that does not give you a right to demand that they come out just for you. Coming out is a personal process and something a person has to go through on their own. It cannot and should not be rushed, not even if it is because you are in a relationship with someone else that IS out.

If your boyfriend is already out, though, then I think it'd be nice if he were to actually be proud of dating you. It isn't something that you need to get worked up over if you KNOW how he feels about you, but if you are a little insecure then he should be working overtime to let you and other people know how he feels.

Sounds similar in a way to my first post on this thread, except for one important thing. And since I'm straight, maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong angle. But if his boyfriend isn't out yet, isn't it important that Sano help him come out? I mean, at that point, it isn't just about being able to be proud they're in a relationship, it's about Sano's boyfriend's self pride and sense of self worth, isn't it?

I think the question in specific is moot since it sounds like Sano said his boyfriend is out, just that it isn't common knowledge amongst simple acquaintances. But the question in -general- still stands: in that sort of situation, isn't it best for one partner - no matter which gender the couple is - to help the other find his or her pride?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But is it pride or simply proclomation?

While it isn't the issue at hand, the thing is, in my view, no gay person should have to brag that they're 'out of the closet' or bring it up in any way outside of going "Hi, this is Jim, he's my boyfriend." the same way anyone would.

Obviously this rarely applies to real life because of the unwarranted amount of pressure still being placed on same-sex relationships in some areas of the world that does indeed make 'coming out' a choice of great bravery.

I can't really offer much advice to anyone regarding the matter except for |Just go for it" seeing as I don't see much, if any, homophobia in my area. People involved in same-sex relationships here simply go "Yeah this Dennis/Denise he/she's my boyfriend/girlfriend" and people will just go "Cool, nice to meet you.". And seeing as I'm in Ireland, traditional Catholic strong-hold for the last few centuries, I really can't equate to what it's like in the rest of the world if things are this open here.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
sanosukeii

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I know, his introductions are up to him. I really like and trust him, so that's all I can say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: