Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Perfect Suiko III

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Perfect Suiko III Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I'm about to start a new Suikdoen III playthrough (or just go back to my Lvl 87 Chris save and bulk her upto 99. Lost interest last time and just continued on with the game). I want to do a perfect game this time. On previous playthroughs, I did not collect all books, foods, or the last two hammers, as well as a full list of monsters. Any tips on hard to collect things in the game?I also didn't play much of the mini games. Any good things there to watch out for? Thanks in advance!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you want to collect every thing, best look at gamefaq since that'll tell you where every thing is.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Already went there, short of using a full fledged walkthrough, I didn't see what I was looking for.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what were you looking for?

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Theres guides such as the "Old Book Guide" on GameFAQs that'll help you get those if you just mean special items and secrets for a "complete" game.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For instance, I just fought a blight when I was playing my Geddoe playthrough. I never fought those on my previous playthrough. There are old book locations, but what about recipe locations, hammer locations, and monster locations. These are listed, but not located. That's what I'm interested in.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hammers:

Quote:
6d. Hammers

Give these to Peggi.

-Iron. The Chisha man in the Great Hollow Trade Shop gives it to you starting
in everyone's chapter 1. Allows Peggi to sharpen weapons up to level 9.

-Copper. Acquire from the vendor outside of the Caleria Armor Shop in ch. 3.
Allows Peggi to sharpen weapons up to level 12.

-Silver. Talk to the Alma Kinan woman sitting at the table in the Duck Village
Tutor/Rune Shop after you have visited Lake Castle in ch. 4. Allows Peggi to
sharpen weapons up to level 15.

-Gold. Rarity at Iksay Item Shop, sells for 50,000 potch. Always seems to pop
up for me right before last strategy battle in ch. 5. Allows Peggi to sharpen
weapons up to their maximum level of 16.

that is all i was able to find on gamefaq.

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On suggestion I would make would be to fight many battles in every accessible place in every chapter, just to make sure you encounter all the monsters you need to encounter. The Daggerwings (I think that's what they were called), for example, can only be found in North Cavern early on. Show up with Hugo and find those. The same is true for the Shadow enemy in the Geddoe chapters. I would just suggest fighting a lot.

Also, beat every dungeon boss at least once per chapter, since a lot of scripts and books can be found that way. On a similar note, check all corpses once per chapter. Also, if you want a perfect game, I assume you want max levels? If so, save yourself some time and do the level 99 trick and then, with Chris, recruit all possible fighter characters, to try to get as many at level 99 as possible. That's all I can think of for now.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I did that. It was an old save, though, so I couldn't make sure to get everyone with just her, since I had already played Geddoe chapter 1, but I think I can still get all the level +/-'s with her. I'll have to check tomorrow.

Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing you need to worry about are monster encounters, but besides that, not many items are missable. I have to warn you about getting a few Fury Runes on the Ancient Highway. You can them from Bronze Suns (or Copper Suns... whichever) during Hugo Chapter 2 (or 3... I forget). That's the only point in the whole game where Fury Runes drop from enemies.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

suggestion for items.... look at the code digit items at www.herrvillain.com/codebreaker/suikoden. You can get every item in the game without a cheat device/hack except for the rune Watari Special.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what does Watari Special do?

KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Watari Special - http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8833
2x dmg, unbalances Watari... no animation though.
hmm i should add the description to the Runes or Secrets section similar to the Solitude Rune of S2.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe I'm the first person to suggest this, but Suikosource has an excellent "misc items" guide that lists things like hammers, recipes, old books, etc. and where to find them, as well as several other guides that would prove useful I'm sure.

For the first three games at least, Suikosource has more information than you'll find anywhere else.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: