Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hero's Name ! (possible Spolier)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine wrote:
I'm sorry, but... Chris? on all of them?

The difference is that Dennis Tauer is not a good example. He is not a star, let alone Tenkai. Yes, I do believe there is a difference. It's not that Dennis isn't a Suikoden-ish name, it's that it isn't a Star of Destiny-ish name.

But that's my opinion.

On my first playthrough, I named him Rain, and then Argent. Neither of those worked very well, so I think Portuguese is where I'll go from here. It was a good suggestion.

Yeah. I though it didn't seem too hero-esqe ( I apologize for the made up word ). I did consider naming him Raine for my second playthrough since it would be like Snowe. But I opted with Doug...Pavlov the first time since it looks cool.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder.....what if i named him Ted :shock: 2 Teds...in 1 game :shock: :shock: :shock: OMG

*like, omg, how does this add to the conversation? post something WORTHWHILE, instead of crap; also, overusage of smileys is a big NO.*

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 2 you can choose a random name when naming your character. I forgot what you press (I think you enter in on a blank name or something?) but all of the names it generates were likely playtester names. I once wrote down all of the names I found and they spanned well over 50, thats for sure. Some of them were already Suikoden character names, and some were Suikoden 3 character names. Some were just too wierd to be names at all.

I named the Suikoden 4 hero Konami. That was the demo's name for him, and the name used in all of the Japanese promo videos.

^Actual quote!
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, i just started playing Suikoden IV. and before hand, i spent a little while selecting a name. i ended up choosing Amos.

from http://www.bostonuk.com/names/names.asp?Name=Amos

from website above wrote:

Amos
A bearer of burdens : Hebrew

Peaceful, poised and understanding you do not let anyone or anything disturb your innate calm. You are tolerant of others no matter how their behaviours or beliefs differ from your own. Not attached to material or worldly affairs you are free to express your true self. Displaying great wisdom and serenity people are naturally drawn to you for guidance and counsel. Your courage and presence of mind see you through any adversity.

i just see it is very fitting now! a very heroic name!
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the PAL manual the screenshots stick to using the "Konami" name for the hero. However in the PAL manual there are also some other anomalies such as the spells being translated literally from Japanese instead of the pre-established spell names being used.

I daresay I agree with Schala-Kid that "Amos" is a good name, though, "bearer of burdens"/ "carrier" really does fit the hero, from what I know of him. I personally named him "Malachi", though. It's a biblical name that I really love the sound of and I have used it to refer to Suikoden heros in the past, mostly before the official names were released.

One of the things I'm most disappointed about with the translation of Suikoden IV is the naming inconsistancy, though. "Orbs", "Combos", etc just is annoyingly inconsistant with the names in previous games. It's frustrating nearly me as much as the Cyndar did :x
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tensatsu Star

22507 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I named my hero Julian
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I called my hero Nikku like I always do first time through. I was sort of stuck on the other names in GS4 however, like always it asks for three names:

HERO NAME
HQ (SHIP) NAME
ARMY NAME

As we have discussed it doesn't seem there is a released name for Hero4 yet, but do we have any word on the ship or nation names?

The ship I assume will be officially heralded as the Dauntless, since the ship's designer suggested it and it does fit.

Still the nation / army name I'm not sure about, what is a good name for it ...?

Call your hero Schtolteheim! ( probably doesn't even fit... )

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that i would be very original when naming the HERO4. So i named him Tenkai :P . You'll see in the roster:
Tenkai
Tenkai

lol. You can't deny that's who he is!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"you portugese"?
What did "you portugese" do to revolutionize ocean travel?
Let me think.
I can't think of anything. Help me out?
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They were actually one of the main contenders in ocean travel. They started the first school for mariners and were pretty advanced as far as sea faring went for a time.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trevoke is being sarcastic. Erm, I hope. But, just in case such base ignorance has indeed spread across the globe...

Although Portugal is a small nation and thus not 'cool' enough to register on the radar of most people, its geographical position meant that Portugal was compelled to regard the Atlantic Ocean as its main medium of travel.

King John I of Portugal led his people into a period of high achievement and took direct aim at Moorish strength. The North African city of Ceuta fell in 1415, giving a European power its first foot-hold in the African continent. Prince Henry (the Navigator), son of John and a hero at Ceuta, organized Portuguese resources and information for the purposes of exploration. Voyages were made into the Atlantic to the Madeira Islands and the Azores. Portugal emerged at the leading maritime power in Europe, but interest in exploration diminished after Henry's death in 1460.

John II (reigned 1481-95) revived overseas activity and employed two bold, innovative navigators, Bartholomeu Dias, who rounded the southern tip of Africa and sailed as far as the Indian Ocean and, of course, Vasco da Gama who reached India and returned home with an alluring array of jewels and spices.

In 1500, Pedro Ã?lvares Cabral was blown far off course, touched the coast of present-day Brazil and in doing so, established the Portuguese claim to that region.

Other Portuguese navigators pushed on to Cathay (China) and the Spice Islands (Indonesia), which established the beginnings of a Far Eastern empire. During a period in the early 16th century, Portugal became the most prosperous trading power and eclipsed the Italian city-states and Spain for the time being.

So, really, as far as letting any one nation have a influence on what you name your Suikoden IV Tenkai, I suppose Portugal is as good a choice as any.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: