Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Season 2006/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Everybody expected it to happen anyway, so it's not really a surprise to see San Antonio sweep the series against the Cavaliers. They're just too good and experienced for Cleveland to stand a chance against them. I guess Cleveland didn't have what it takes to contain the Spurs in this series. Oh well, I guess there's still the next season for the Cavs to build up a better and more experienced team. I can see a lot of potential for LeBron's career in the future.

props to lebron, turning nothing into something! and hes only 22?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Warriors finally did one of the off-season moves I knew they had to make and they got a very, very good young player out of it. Chris Mullin finally pulled the trigger in trading Jason Richardson and the remaining 4-years at 50 million to Charlotte for the rights to Brandan Wright (8th pick in the draft). They've now opened up much needed cap-room to get both Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins signed to long-term deals. They also got with their 18th pick Italian shooting guard Marco Belinelli who I think may be one of the steals in the draft.

Jason Richardson was and is still one of my favorite players, but I have to say that if losing him means helping the team's long-term plans than I'll happily send him away with many thanks. In Brandan Wright the Warriors got one of the top power forwards in the draft who can score under the post and who has an above-average mid-range jumper. But it's his remounding and help defense which should make him a much needed help to one of the Warriors' defensive liabilities.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Draft Day Analysis.

We all knew, that is if you followed the Draft any whatsoever, that Greg Oden was going to be the number one pick over Kevin Durant, a franchise can much more easily build off a big man like him than a fast paced scorer like Durant. Compare Duncan, Ewing, and Shaq to guys like Kobe and Allen Iverson. While Kobe and Allen are big time players, they're not enough alone to get a team a championship. A solid Big Man is needed to build around. Sadly, in Patrick Ewing's case, they never went the full distance and won a championship. Anyhow, back to Portland and Oden. No brainer pick. But then they did something I was not expecting. They traded off Zach Randolph to the New York Knicks for Steve Francis and Channing Frye. I'm perplexed as to what both sides were thinking. Yes, Zach has issues with the law and he's a troublemaker off the court, however on the court he's pretty solid and now that you just got a big man like Oden, why dump one of your better players? And for Steve Francis? Did anyone see what he did in New York? Nothing, he did nothing for the team. He was a blowout and a mistake. Nothing says to me he'll be anything like he was in Houston when he plays for the Blazers. Channing Frye was the Knicks other big guy, and while not the best, he's not bad. Why would Portland need him? They still have Jamaal Magloire who is the same height as Frye. Oh, on the Knicks side of the coin, they get a guy who has had run-ins with the law wherever he goes. But he is a good player on the court. My biggest concern though is if he managed to find trouble in Portland with their authorities, what is gonna happen in the Big Apple? It will be a miracle if he stays clean.

Seattle scored huge this draft too. Kevin Durant is the definite choice for them. Seattle needs someone who'll put butts in those delapidated seats. And if their lick is high, they'll be able to keep the team in Seattle for a few more years. If this wasn't enough of a big day in getting Durant, the Seattle GMs exploited the crappiness of Boston's ability to bargain and sent Ray Allen for not only the #5 pick, but also Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West. Wally is an excellent peripheral shooter who can relieve pressure easily when Durant is double teamed down low. With the stolen 5 Pick the Sonics made Boston take Jeff Green. He's a fast and reliable forward who fits well in almost any team's scheme. Now Boston didn't get completely robbed because they did pick up Ray Allen in the deal, but they don't need another short Shooting Guard. Paul Pierce is more than capable of that role. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are basically the same style player. The Celtics need a big man down low and some guys who can block shots. Also, Ray Allen isn't the same Ray Allen that was on the Bucks years ago. He's aged a bit. They also managed to squeeze the 35th pick overall out of Seattle, but really I doubt Glen Davis will be able to do anything to make the Celtics better. Another 6 foot 9 Forward. No relaible big guys in Boston. Still.

Other Teams that I think scored big. Atlanta Hawks really did well in picking up Al Horford and Acie Law. Atlanta needs some sort of morale boost and I can see these two helping Atlanta become a name in the mediocre Eastern Conference.

As mentioned above, the Warriors also did a good draft day. The loss of a good player like Jason Richardson is tough, but Brandan Wright and the re-signing ability of Ellis makes up for it. I too think Belinelli is a steal. Foreign players seem to be under rated but reliable. Look at Manu Ginobili. He was a second rounder overlooked but we all know what he can do.

Losers on draft day were the Pacers for not even being in the draft. The lakers for picking up absolutely nothing that tells Kobe things will get better. Chicago for taking a high-energy player when they need a relaible defensive player. Not that Joakim Noah was the wrong pick though. I just think he's not right for Chicago. Milwaukee's gamble on the Chinese Gobvernment is something we'll all have to watch. If Yi Jianlian actually is allowed to stay and play for the Bucks then good deal, but its been highly known that the chinese do not want Yi going to a small market team. I wouldn't say Milwaukee is a loser, but there's potential for it being there. Yi said that he wants to play in the NBA no matter what, but its not always up to him.

Lastly, I think the 76ers did poorly dispite having three first round picks. picking up 2 guards and a forward isn't all bad, but the best they got was Thaddeus Young who I know little about, but with three picks I think they could have done better than that. Trading one or two for a solid guard could have been useful. I hope Thaddeus, Daequon and Petteri are worth giving up A.I.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: