Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

With or without?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually do not bother using a guide. The first time i play an RPG game i just play it for the story, characters, battles etc. However when i finish it, hopefully there will be a new game plus annd at that time i may use the help of a guide to get anything that i missed out on my first playthrough. If it is a Suikoden game then getting all 108 Stars of Destiny would be the first thing that i would look for.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really hate it when things get all screwed, and I REALLY hate it when all the things I've done has been for nothing, so I try to get a guide everytime I play a game.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use a faq. I hate wasting time wandering aimlessly.
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never use a guide. I love the challenge.. so I am my own guide :)
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Much like Gilums, I'm quite busy these days, so I prefer to finish the game on the first play-through. So it's inevitable that I use FAQs now and then, because I always like to have a "perfect save". I'm a perfectionist that way :P

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use a faq, only a character recruitment guide though - I can do without the special items or scenes for the first playthrough, i'm more interested in getting all SOD's and getting the best ending. I generally look for a characterguide that lists characters in order of appearance or availablility to recruit, that way I can avoid any spoilers.

I hate you Onimaru.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember using a guide for the first two games, but that was probably because I liked the challenge of recruiting the characters back then. I'd always use it on my second playthrough, because I didn't want to accidentally miss anyone, and I only got to recruit certain people by sheer luck (*Cough* Anita *Cough*)
Starting from Suikoden 3, I'd go look at a guide only if I was having confusion as to how to recruit a certain person. I used it very infrequently, but it saved me a number of times.
In Suikoden 4, I used it after the part where Lazlo and company were shipwrecked and thank goodness too, or else I'd have missed two certain Nay-Kobolds. I was surprised to know that I came so close to missing two SODs and that had such a short recruiting time frame...
...so I got a guide to recruit characters for Suikoden 5 from the very start. I was darned paranoid while playing it, because I'd heard about the numerous ways to miss a little SOD and mess up the entire game and I didn't want that. Even so, the guide that I used was apparently not very detailed, and I almost missed some people while playing, most noticeably Nakula.
Funnily enough, I missed Mukumuku once, even though I had the guide. Goes to show that even with a guide, nothing's perfect.

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I try to play through without a guide the first time, and get as many people as I can. I only resort to one if I get totally stuck. Then, the second time around, that's when I get all the information and secrets I can find so I can get that 'perfect game.' Though, I could probably write a guide for S1 and S2 now!

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When playing Suikoden games, I'd like to get everything in my first playthrough, so I use guides as much as possible. I just don't read the walk-through part too thoroughly though, because I fear I would spoil the game for myself. Generally, I just look at the parts where there are people whom you could recruit.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First time without, and then next time with. I like to be surprised, and the Suikoden series does it well for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: