Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Good/Bad Endings *HUGE spoilers*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, they need to make one in that region. I am curious as to what lies there.

I'd also like to have a game that takes place primarily in the nameless lands.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they'll eventually get to everywhere and more its just a matter of time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
What if it was set in Falena but was only, say, a couple years after GS4? Would that satisfy you?

It depends on a lot of things. Most importantly, the story being really good. Also, I'd want Hero4 to return as well as other characters from S4. Unfortunately, the only character ending that I remember saying they went to Falena was Bartholomew's.

As for the land west of Toran, I believe that is the Southlands. Shiba (the lizard from S3) is from there. Other than that we know nothing about it.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wiseman wrote:
Harukaze wrote:
What if it was set in Falena but was only, say, a couple years after GS4? Would that satisfy you?

It depends on a lot of things. Most importantly, the story being really good. Also, I'd want Hero4 to return as well as other characters from S4. Unfortunately, the only character ending that I remember saying they went to Falena was Bartholomew's.

As for the land west of Toran, I believe that is the Southlands. Shiba (the lizard from S3) is from there. Other than that we know nothing about it.

There're lizards outside of the Grasslands that we know about? Fascinating! I never knew! Very cool.

As for the character endings, most from GS1 don't say they go to Jowston, but there they went, yes? So I'm not worried. I'm sure we'll be seeing a few repeat faces if they do even remotely what I think they will. I'm remaining confident for now.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But the Southlands are confirmed to be south of Toran at this point.

Though, I'm not saying Konami won't change it if it ever suited them but for now (Falena used to shift quite a bit too, but it's now safely confirmed in its current position, at last), as far as I can tell, the Southlands are indeed south of Toran at this time.

Along with Shiba, we know that from Suikoden II, Long Chan Chan, Wakaba and Shin are from the Southlands. As well as, surprisingly, Kasim Hazil.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your info is wrong. The Island Nations are South of Toran and I'm pretty sure that there's nothing in between them due to the fact that the Scarlet Moon Empire had border skirmeshes with Kooluk.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think though that the Southlands actually was just a vague classification that included Kanakan, Kooluk and other nations south of Toran [if there are in fact any besides Kooluk].
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The other theory is that the Kooluk Empire fractured into the Southlands sometime after Suikoden IV and before Suikoden I. Due to a government collapse or something similar.

Though, Kanakan seems to have always been referred independently of the Southlands. I normally throw it South-West of Toran, south-west of Moran Forest. While Kooluk and/or the Southlands lie to the south-east. (which seems to be the case)
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that were the case, you'd think that we would see lizards in S4 or at least a mention of them, unless maybe they didn't migrate there until a later time.

The main reason why I think that the Southlands are west of Toran and South of Grasslands is because in Suikoden 3, they say that Shiba is from the Southlands. They also refer to the Nameless Lands as the Northern Outlands because they are north of Grassland. So it would make sense that the Southlands or part of the Southlands is directly south of Grassland.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And if they're south of Toran they're still south of the Grasslands. It's a catch-all term, the Northern Outlands are still the Northern Outlands in Dunan and Toran (and on a single occasion in Suikoden II were referred to as such instead of the Nameless Lands), they're still north of the respective areas.

The lack of lizardmen in Suikoden IV simply matches the lack of Gaien, Kooulk and Southland anything in the game.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well where is this source you have that confirmed it is South of Toran?

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, being south of Toran does not mean south of the Grasslands-- it's why we have more than four directions on the compass.

So, south of Toran would be south-southeast of the Grasslands.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Except that anything southeast of me is still south of me. I call the southern states of the USA "the South," even though it's all southwest of me. There's not a single one of them directly south of me, but that doesn't stop me from calling it all "the South." Same exact idea applies, I think.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We're talking about a geopraphic location at the moment, not terminology. You can say southwest is south in the sense that it's not north of you, but it's not simply "south".
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lebenengel wrote:
We're talking about a geopraphic location at the moment, not terminology. You can say southwest is south in the sense that it's not north of you, but it's not simply "south".

Except that I disagree with you on both counts. We -are- talking terminology. We're talking about how the Southlands might still be called the Southlands by the Grasslanders even if it's south of Toran. It's still south.

And I disagree with you on the geographic issue as well. I live in Jersey. Texas, to me, is south. It is latitudinally speaking further south from me; therefore, it is quite acceptable for me to call it south. I might also call it west from here, though I am far less likely to do so; it seems to me that being less precise in variation from north and south is more common than in variation from east and west, in common parlance. I -sometimes- will call it southwest, though I won't often use the sub-cardinal directions until they're two degrees removed: for example, Arizona is southwest, because it's really something on the order of west by southwest. Texas remains simply south.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: