Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Monster Rancher(video games not the cartoon series)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Monster Rancher(video games not the cartoon series) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was looking into a game similar to that of the pokemon series. However I do not own any of the systems that offer pokemon video games and I currently only own a playstation 2. The only game that I heard of that is in someway similar to pokemon games that is for the playstation 2 are the Monster Rancher games. I remember the show and used to watch it when it was on tv and looking at screenshots of the game and reading about the game itself it sounds alright.

I was wondering if anyone has played these games and if you have what are your opinons on it?

also if you have other recommendations for me please feel free to suggest them.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I friggin loved them. I havent played in ages though. It was fun going through all my old CDs trying to figure out the forumla to finding a powerful monster (turns out its the amount of data on the disc.)

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Monster Rancher. It's quite fun to pop in other CD games and get some cool stuff out of it.

The last one I played was Monster Rancher 4, the one that gives you Garu as a starter. I only use pure-breeded ones (not hybrids), and I use Tiger, Hare, plus two other monsters depending on what I want. Usually it's a Raiden, but I've been looking at some other stuff too. I didn't get a Mocchi, though. Never. And a Dragon, and a Durahan. :(

I really didn't care about the storyline, all I cared about was raising them though.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played them up till the third one. I really loved the first two, but the third changed up the formula and I thought it was lame after they did that.

Honestly, if my Playstation memory card had never gotten corrupted, I'd probably still be playing that Monster Rancher 2. I really loved that game.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm i might end up getting them then

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I was only able to play Monster Rancher 2. As with all the others, I was hooked into the game. It was really fun and exciting to pop in different CDs and see what kind of monster you'll get. Raising them was very fun as well, though things might get very monotonous after playing for a very long time. Still, the game was very fun. I wasn't able to play the other Monster Rancher games though, so I can't say much about them.
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the game, and spent quite a lot of my time on it, so I would recommend it. However the only problem which I see with this game is that it is rather repetitive. When I started playing any of the titles (and I played two or three) I was really heated up in the beginning, but as time passed so did my interest, plus one more thing I hated, monsters getting old, now there is nothing sadder than that.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Loved it. I hated the GBA games though. Nothing but pallete swapped crap >_>
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only got the second one and yeah it's pretty addicting to put in different kinds of CDs to see what sort of monsters are in them. I even at one point, collected tons of those like...trial AOL CDs that used to float around/get mailed to us like ALOT just to get the "monsters inside them"

Although beyond that I wouldn't say there is much of a plot or anything else.
I've played it for several years and my rank is still...well...REALLY low XD [....]

I think another game of the same type of monster breeding/collecting genre that's pretty good (in my opinion at least) is Jade Cocoon 2...I've never played the first one but I rather liked the second one (I've replayed it so many times it's not even funny). However it's short and rather...mm...limited if you don't care about the monster aspect at all.....(aka you speed-play through it only for the plot)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: