Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Rhapsodia] Final missions' rank S

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Makaveli137

500 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: [Rhapsodia] Final missions' rank S Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello.
I would like to know If someone got rank S at the two last battles and how he made it, because I tried with a pretty strong party(Lazlo level 50 with RoP and Wizard Rune) but always get rank B :/

Also, Is it possible to have twice the same S rank prize ? Two Archmage's glasses for example.

Thank you.

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure about the first question, but I'm fairly certain you can only get an S Rank prize once. if you get S Rank again, you'll get nothing. Not even a replacement prize, potch, or a gold medal.

^Actual quote!
Makaveli137

500 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Admiral Ackbar wrote:
I'm not sure about the first question, but I'm fairly certain you can only get an S Rank prize once. if you get S Rank again, you'll get nothing. Not even a replacement prize, potch, or a gold medal.

Even with the NG+ ?

Anyway, thank you.

"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back !" Id, Xenogears
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, even with a New Game+, you won't get anything.

As for the final mission, yeah I was able to get an S rank, though it took me quite a while. I had to have low level but strong characters (such as Mizuki, Corselia and Wendel because of their insane evade) so that I could satisfy the experience factor in determining ranks. I had to bring Mother Earth Beads to weaken Iskas as well as surround him and have Sigurd (with Berserker Belt) go for the kill.
Makaveli137

500 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do I need to have rank S ?
I had rank A by killing almost every foe, have most of my characters on their element, no one died, I was pretty quick but still had A. Damn it !
If anyone of you have tips, I would appreciate. Thanks.

SwissStopwatch

Largest Falco Tribute Band Ever

186774 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're forgetting the experience portion of this. If your characters don't get a lot of experience during the fight, you're not going to get such a high rank. And by a lot, I really do mean a lot. Possibly enough to level up a couple of times during the battle, although I don't remember exactly since I haven't played for a while. Nobody knows exactly how it's measured, really, but the experience is important.

So basically, you have to take characters in that are relatively weak so that when they hit an enemy, they gain a lot of XP. This can be tricky sometimes, though, because you have to make sure they manage to survive the battle, too... and it interferes with clearing the stage fast because you might have to leave a few of your really strong characters out of the roster. And if they're too weak, they probably die no matter what and you probably won't be getting the S Rank after that.

If you're having trouble with this part, then the lower level characters should probably be defensively oriented and accurate (since it matters that they hit and survive, not that they do lots of damage), or you can just find a way to keep them out of direct combat by using ranged fighters, depending on what you face in the stage. Ranged fighters could also take advantage of kill bonuses by picking weak enemies off. Some of the support characters might be helpful for survivability here... just try and balance them getting XP and not dying with everything else, and you can probably manage it.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I did was I had the weak characters start out with the frontline to gain enough experience. Maxine and Roget's Combo Attack cleared out most of them, and it has a fast cooldown so I was able to use it twice. Then halfway I switched to high level ones like Lazlo to clear out the other foes near Iskas. Then I surrounded him with Kika, Lazlo, Kyril, and Eugene, while Sigurd shoots from behind mounted on a Kangacorn. Mother Earth beads help lots to weaken Iskas.
Makaveli137

500 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you for your help.
I tried again this morning but I had a B; yet I had 2 or 3 characters who leveled (Corselia took 4 levels), How many times do I need to level in order to have that damn rank S ?
Is there an infinite of foes appearing at the end(near Iskas) or it is possible to have every foe killed ?
Thank you again.

Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is NOT possible to get have every enemy killed, because they will respawn right after they die. One of the things you might want to look out for, which WILL help you raise your battle score, is to make sure each character stands on their own elemental tile.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^^Elemental Sword Runes (the third skill, Sword of Element) help with that. Also, try to finish the battle as soon as possible. There's a certain limit as to how many turns you need to finish the map in order to get a rank S.

If it still doesn't work, and you really want to get that rank S, try training your other low level characters that you have not used until like Level 38-40, give them their best equipment and best skills, with runes to match, then have them do the battle. Make sure these characters have Extra Move and Godspeed. Those help lots.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: