Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question of Playable Characters in S5, party flexibility? (spoilers?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazureus

22562 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Question of Playable Characters in S5, party flexibility? (s Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played S1 through S4 and there's something I always do, and that is to use an entire party of girls, especially the cute/pretty ones... even if they may be a tad weak (in S1 and S2 stat stone trick helped a lot..)

Well, S1 and S2 had some cute ones (Lotte, MEG, Tengaar in 1 and Meg, TOMO, MILLIE, etc in 2), S3 had a lot of em to choose from (Mel, Belle, Shabon, Emily, Aila, and SANAE for example). The capitaled ones were definately my favorites.

However S4 had really only one 'cute little girl' one you could put in your party, Rita, which is basically S4's version of Meg/Belle. The other two were support characters/minigame vendors. Though, S4 had a lot of the hotly dressed gals though like Kika, Wendel, Millay and so on at least :)

Does this diminishing little girl/cute girl trend continue in S5? I will be getting a hold of it and playing it soon, and I want to know what kinda female characters I'll be able to recruit and use in my parties throughout the game. Is it going to be like S4 where there's not very many small/young/cute ones, but more of the 'hot' kind, or like the earlier suikodens where there's a lot of them?

Just wondering ^_^ I saw what Lu looks like (people say she's the Meg equivalent of S5), but she didn't seem like Meg at all >.>

Also, how often will I be allowed to USE my all-female parties (i.e. how often do they force characters into your party that you can't remove for someone else?)
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most of the early game is spent with one cute girl set in your party but a couple other characters stuck there as well. Once you start collecting characters, the only character that gets forced on you is a cute girl so no worries with that. There are probably more female playables in Suiko five than in any of the other suikodens, but the game also seems a bit sexualized compared to the others. There are some cute girls you'll get to use but I don't know that you'll make a full crew of them.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Conscience

Children of Zohar

9777 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I guess thats because The story of Suikoden 5 is so focused on women, its about a queendom after all.
But yeah there are plenty of cute girls to pick from in Suikoden 5.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's Viki in this one again. Norma might fit into this category as well.

Miakis is over 20 -- supposedly -- but she looks 14. Personally I think she just lies so she can drink booze.

^Actual quote!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MILLAY WAS CUTE OK!!!!!!! *gets hit by a wiffebat that flew from the distance and finds a note that says "no yelling"*

Ahem... anyway, as mentioned above, Norma, Viki and Miakis are pretty cute, and they are pretty good fighters.

Norma has only one free skill slot, which may limit her capacity as a fighter. However, she has three rune slots, so she is flexible in that regard. If you use her as a pure magician, the limited skill slot is not a problem because you only really need the "Magic" skill. Set her up with an attack rune (with applicable +element affinity equips), Magic Absorb, and a Magical Rune, and you're set! You can also use her as a physical fighter, which actually works. She's like Prince-lite because they attack the same way. XD Give her a Boost (or Power), Crazed, Double-Edged setup, then attack-boosting equipment as well as the "Attack" skill (or "Swift Foot" if you want a higher chance of multi-hits) and watch a baton-wielding street performer eat the enemies' hearts out. :P

Viki's also limited in that she also has only one free skill slot, but she has that handy Chain Magic, that allows her to cast multiple magic in one turn for only one magic point. As mentioned, magicians only really need Magic (or Sacred Oath if they can get an SS) as a skill, so it isn't a problem. However, she is limited by that Blinking Rune permanently attached to her right hand, because it doesn't let her use the valuable Magic Absorb rune. However, she gets pretty lots of MP, and with Chain Magic, she can last a dungeon.

Miakis... well, she has the highest physical damage potential out of all the characters. She can attack up to five times per turn, has three rune slots, has two free skill slots, and a pretty high speed that allows her a high chance of multi-hitting. I use her a physical fighter, and the Boost, Crazed, Double-Edged rune setup and the Attack/Fate Control skill setup (plus two Eyeball Rings for lifesteal) has yet to fail me. In one instance she did over 20000 damage in a single turn!!! She has pretty decent magic too, if you're into that.

However, Suikoden V isn't really particularly hard so any cute character you can find, you can use. Even Meroon and Miroon, who are pretty cute in their own right. XD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: