Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Immortal!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Immortal!? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, well - here's a question. with the "file transfer" option available in s1 - s3, does it transfer the information of a characters death (in a world battle). Say...if a character (one who was in any of the three games) were to die during a world battle, not just get loose and leave, but strait up die. Would they appear in the following game? Repeat characters that appear would be viktor/flik/jeane/vicki/Loreli 'etc...I could see Konami opting to ignore the deaths of viktor/flick from S1 because they played such a large role in s2. But there are some minor characters who can lead units, do their deaths transfer over?? This has probably never been tested, because more likely than not most of us will restart if we loose a character during a war. But hopefully someone has tried this out.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not certain about the returning characters scripted for the main storyline of one of the games, but if Gremio is dead when you complete the first Suikoden, he won't appear during the McDohl side quest in Suikoden II.

As for the others, I think only their stats and, in some cases, equipment are affected by the transfered info.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If any of your Stars of Destiny's are dead on your file transfer, it won't work. You need a fully complete game for it to work.

What transfers over are slightly level boosts, slight weapon level boosts, and in some cases armor.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...well then, completely disregard the question, lol.

I hate you Onimaru.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was browsing around the Suiksource site, and they have a list of the quotes that certain unites use during war sessions. I found it strange that certain story focused characters had a possible death quote next to their names; Jowy, Viktor, Flik, Shu, 'etc..

Now my question is....what exactly happens if one of these primary characters dies before they have completed their story function? Say shu dies early on, what the heck happens later! or if Kiba dies before his ill fated storyline demise. Does the story create fillers? I can't imagine it would, does the game end? WHAT HAPPENS? like any good suikoden player, I instantly re-start if I should loose a character in such a manner, so I never thought to keep going and see what happens. I propose someone attempt a "Worst game ever" miss every missable star, have every major plot character kiled in war, 'etc to see if playing poorly may unlock some unknown mysteries of the series. These quotes were from Suiko2, so I dont know if the same applies for other games...what do you guys think? Could there be something there? And note, there is a difference between wounded and dead.

I hate you Onimaru.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They don't. Even though those characters have "death" comments, those were never actually used in the game. KFCrispy of Suikosource ripped those quotes out of the game CD, and there's a lot of text that was never officially used in the game. For example, Sheena and Futch who technically should be unrecruitable at the point of the Greenhill Academy quest has their own dialogue if you take them there (using cheats). Nanami has her own lines if you manager to take her to Jowy's throne after you defeat the Beast Rune. There's plenty of these "extra" quotes in Suikoden 2, mainly because they changed the sequence of events quite late into development.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They simply just don't die, since they are part of the main plot. Much like certain characters in Suikoden Tactics, there's just no chance of them dying and being removed permanently from the game.
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
They don't. Even though those characters have "death" comments, those were never actually used in the game. KFCrispy of Suikosource ripped those quotes out of the game CD, and there's a lot of text that was never officially used in the game. For example, Sheena and Futch who technically should be unrecruitable at the point of the Greenhill Academy quest has their own dialogue if you take them there (using cheats). Nanami has her own lines if you manager to take her to Jowy's throne after you defeat the Beast Rune. There's plenty of these "extra" quotes in Suikoden 2, mainly because they changed the sequence of events quite late into development.

haha i didn't rip anything from the cd, it was somebody else.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: