Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jobs in the Gaming Industry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucied

1846 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

streetlight_manifesto wrote:
Whatever happened to "Never give up" and "Anything is possible if you give it your all." What a depressing crowd you guys are. Did the Liberation Army stand down when they were outnumbered and outmatched by 100,000 monsters?....NO! Did Apple give up looking for Shu's coin in the river, even though her chances of her finding it where slim to none?....NO!!

Dude, that's fantasy. This is reality. This is the reality that comes crushing down upon you, squeezing the breath out of you, and doesn't let up until you die a miserable and horrible death.

Now that I've lightened the mood a bit, Lakeland Community College, where I go to, is starting a Game Programming class in the Fall semester. Yay ^_^ It's supposed to be the first part of a multi-class segment. This is going to be the first year it's offered. I'm getting in on the first class :)

I don't want to keep a programming job, though. I would like to help in creating the game engine, but my heart belongs in design. Drafting the story, overseeing the art design, and the development of the in-game world. After all, the writer creates the world, then the artist does his thing, and the programmers create it. So I'd just love to be the writer and be able to tweak the whole look of the game.
Of course, I'd like to be more into the design part, as well. Game features and gameplay mechanics, mainly. I've always had some huge ideas for game features and gameplay. I want to put those to work. But I want to write the script too. And have some control over the art direction. Argh...I want to do so many things, but one job doesn't get to do them all.
I'm no artist, by the way. I just want to see the art take on a vision of mine :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: