Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Improving National Activity?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Fang wrote:
I was just using Harmonia as an EXAMPLE since it was a formula that worked but if its starting to annoy others we don't have to say another word about it. This all was post here to help out the City-State who was ASKING for help, yet all the other nations take it as bragging. It seriously was not being implied as boasting about Harmonia but just friendly advice to the City-State.

You misunderstand me. I'm talking about the multiple posts of talk between you, Nutflush, Optomistic Pessimest and UberYuber, which seems to be nothing but injokes and talk about your nation ...that really doesn't benefit any other nation, and just takes up a page and a half of space. It's very annoying, especially for the people who do come to this thread who aren't Harmonian; we don't understand these jokes and since it's part of what makes your community your community, it's not our place to understand. That's why I suggested y'all take it to a chit chat thread, 'cause it isn't doing much here. I said nothing about bragging; it's just that if it isn't about improving member activity, it shouldn't go here. It's offtopic, in a place where posts should remain on topic. After Fliktor posted his warning, the thread continued to be off-topic; I tried to bring it back on topic by suggesting y'all take your conversation into your nation forums, as y'all are members of Harmonia. I was trying to provide a back up warning, nothing more. I'm sure if my fails to work (as it seems to be failing...), another mod will come in and close the thread for a while.

BF wrote:

Maybe I should have said "SOME other nations seriously lack activity"! If you read a few pages back you'll notice that some members said that their nations lack activity. :mrgreen: I remembered hehe.

Well, you know what happens when you assume.... :| :P

Black Fang, Black Fang, so Black Fang his username is Black Fang wrote:
That was precisely my point. Anyone wishing to activate a nation should simply.....post. Answer as many threads as you can find and if there are little or no interesting conversations going on, make a new thread and start a few up. Once again, best of luck to all the nations trying to boost their activity.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. If you want to see more activy in your nation; post. Post whatever your nation leader allows you to. People are usually more repliers than topic starters, and will talk if the topics present themselves. If not...well, no body wants to make the first move, for some reason. But they're not going to be hurt if you do, so...Why not just go for it? The worst that can happen is that no one replies, and that's highly unlikely.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I see......yea we are full of inside jokes.....we've become a tight bunch. The dilemma is how do you bring out all our members and share the activity in the outer forums, yet not bring the inside jokes with us? Guess Harmonia came out in hopes of including you all in our jokes but it seems that we came on too hard and in the wrong thread nonetheless haha.

Sophi wrote:
Well, you know what happens when you assume.... :| :P

*hangs head in shame* You had to bring that up. :oops:

Sophia wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. If you want to see more activity in your nation; post. Post whatever your nation leader allows you to. People are usually more repliers than topic starters, and will talk if the topics present themselves. If not...well, no body wants to make the first move, for some reason. But they're not going to be hurt if you do, so...Why not just go for it? The worst that can happen is that no one replies, and that's highly unlikely.

True....the worst thing for activity is lurking!!! Posting is always good as it creates discussion which is always welcome but creating GOOD topics is possibly the best way to promote activity.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

offense, but how on EARTH could you POSSIBLY know that?! If you're just presuming it, it's quite arrogant; not every forum may have Harmonian's activity, but not every forum will be death, either. If you're not, then the only explanation I can think of how you'd know that is you'd have to have spies in every nation, which is, you know, about 1,000 shades worse.

Acutally there is a way if you want to take the time and figure it out. Since you can go into members and sorta keep up with how many soilders they currently have roughly total out of all of the members in that nation. And or the increase in total posts they have. I'm sure Sir Blackfang didn't mean a exact number, however it's not very difficult to just get a rough estimate on active and inactive countries.

Rebel of Babylon

1132804 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, but in this case, the discussion is about activity within the nations themselves, not the activity of the members in general. Soldier count isn't the best method of calculating activity, as one could write 2000 short posts, and earn a comparable amount of soldiers as someone who wrote 500 posts of varying lengths.

A more reliable method, though still not perfect, would be to take note of a member's post count and then do a search for all their posts via their profiles. If the results come up with a number equalling their post count, it's a safe bet that they aren't active participants in the nation system. However, if your search results in a sizeable gap of searchable posts, you can be sure that they are posting within a private forum. This would, of course, be quite a tedious project for anyone trying to determine the activity within the nations.

Using Falena as an example, as that is the only nation I have access to, there have been numerous members who have never posted within the nation board, while other have and have fallen through the cracks as far as activity goes. But as long as the remaining members don't give up on the nation, there is always hope that new members will join in or older members might return.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Back to the topic the Island Nations has gottan alot more active because of St. Ajoras return.

Everyone seems to be in high spirits with St. Ajora back.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: