Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Legend of Zelda On Course for DS

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: New Legend of Zelda On Course for DS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

During its keynote address at the 2006 Game Developers Conference, Nintendo announced a new entry in the Legend of Zelda series for the DS, entitled The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

The game incorporates the portable's dual screens by placing the action on the top screen and the map on the bottom screen, though sometimes the two may be used as one large unit. One instance of this was seen in the demo during a boss battle where Link could throw projectiles from the bottom at the boss on the top, knocking him down to the bottom screen for a finishing blow. Also, players will be able to use the stylus to influence Link's boomerang, open doors and chart his ship's path on the ocean. One new feature seemingly allows the player to draw on the dungeon maps, marking where enemies and special treasures may be.

Phantom Hourglass's graphics appear to be a mixture of Wind Waker's cel-shading and Four Swords' more SNES-influenced atmosphere. Nintendo's demo also shows a fairy companion targeting enemies for Link and lots of ocean exploration like that found in Wind Waker, nautical exclamations and all.

Currently, the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is on schedule for a release later this year.

Here is a page that has 3 movies on it.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/zelda/...zeldadsmov.html

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The link was broken and your text, even the subject line, was completely copied from the site.

But yeah, this is quite exciting news and the game looks brilliant, using the touch screen very intensively. Even the sailing didn't look so bad after I noticed you can draw your own course and then the ship just sets sail! But why aren't there any news about the Tingle RPG?

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's cool of how you can draw your own course. not to sure since i haven't heard much on this, is this going to be like wind wakers where you sail a lot?

Zephon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw the video of the gameplay earlier today, it looks sweet, even the gfx are nice imo.
Just hope it won't take as long as Zelda: Princess of Twilight till it appears, but then again, these games are worth waiting for :)
But the drawing thing looks very improving, can't wait to get my DS out of the dust for this game (specially like the part where the course of the projectile is drawn :) )

Zephon
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In these videos you see how you use the DS' pen to make link attack and guide the throwing of his boomerang to hit switches behind walls and lava.

Videos:
The pen is mighter than the sword!
The pen is mightier than the boomerang!
Wind Waker type video

I have to say I like the idea of using the pen to do all the attacks, adds a completely unique twist to an otherwise dreary and overused battle system in which we just press the a button and up for Link to perform an uppercut. I think I might buy this game as I haven't played much Zelda lately and there should be a DS lying around here somewhere.

The Release date it TBA, but it is rumoured to be around "Q4 2007."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

interesting. gotta hand it to the ds to make the pen feature cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: