Suikoden Unique and Illusional Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 2 hidden scene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those hidden scenes, and even the ones that weren't hidden were, in my opinion, one of the things that really distinguished Suikoden 2. All of the SOD's and even a good majorty of the NPCs in the villages were very interactive and alive. It made you feel like the place was really a living breathing place to see L.C. and Wakaba training, or Rikimaru sitting in Leona's drinking. It's something that I feel the following Suiko's kind of dropped the ball on. I found SV the worst of all of them, everyone was just rooted in place in their designated spots, and that made everything feel - i dont know, plastic and I had a hard time getting into it. The added bonus of the hidden scenes let you peek into each characters personal life, gave them more character and depth than we got to see out of the SOD's in following games.

I hate you Onimaru.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falipe wrote:
You know, the more I think about it, the scene may also require your to load the save data for it to appear. I remember on my last playthrough I didn't load my Suikoden Save, and several conversations within the game changed and I don't believe I ever got the chance to see the conversations about Odessa with Flik and Nina.

I can at least say that for this scenes between Flik and Nina aren't required to see them. Most of the other scenes, however, require to have the upload...

The Fool
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ironically, Onimaru, I think Suikoden V has more hidden scenes in various places (eg, Dongo at the Sacred Games) than any of the the other games! (But, oddly, almost if not none at the Ceras Lake Castle, your headquarters!)

I'm kinda of surprised that theflik and Nina scene wouldn't require one. If only because how would the player know who Nina and Flik were talking about, if not for having played the first game? I don't think Odessa is brought up very much.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont know, I got the feeling that the suikoworld in SV was just too....fake. and it was from the NPCs and the interaction of the SOD's that did it. The art was great, story good, dialoge was fine. But it lacked that same "realistic" feel that Suiko2 had that endeared us all to it. It wasn't the fact that it was hidden, it was just the overall feel I got from the world.

I hate you Onimaru.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strange, I've never been able to get this scene before. I've never seen the guard at the roof gone from his post. So I really enjoyed watching that video. And I agree with you Onimaru, I love how the characters interact at the castle. It's just so lively to see characters in different locations, such as Sierra in Klaus' room, or spotting the "Liberation Army trio" of Flik, Viktor, and Humphrey all drinking together in the tavern. It really fleshes out the characters.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I came across this scene during my umpteenth game of Suiko 2. I was really surprised, I never expected something like that.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have personaly never seen this one. I am happy I found out about it thanks people!
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always got to see one of the Flik and Nina scenes and I'm actually quite surprised at how many people didn't know about it. I always got one that is slightly different from the two shown on youtube. Nina guesses Flik is thinking about Odessa but I don't recall them shouting at eachother. They end up looking at the moon together. I never knew the other two scenes even existed.
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm kinda of surprised that theflik and Nina scene wouldn't require one. If only because how would the player know who Nina and Flik were talking about, if not for having played the first game? I don't think Odessa is brought up very much.[/quote]

but you do find out that hi's sword is named for tengaar his girlfriend and that it is tradition to name your sword after the woman that you love in the warriors village where flik is also from and his sword is named odessa so someone playing through the game whose paying great attention could easily assume that odessa was fliks lover
blight2345432

Magicians of Gregminster

6795 Potch
66 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't know how to quote correctly it seems
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this scene before, it's been a long time thought but doesn't it have something to do with when you recruit Nina. Like i know you can either get her on your first or second visit to the school and i think you can get this hidden scene if you recruit her on your first visit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: