Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

War Calculator Bug?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boogeyman

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: War Calculator Bug? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was running some simulations on the war calculator and noticed what I think is a bug. It appears that when you input the unit Spearmen it is utilizing something that is not the current Spearmen and possibly the old Makanakuy Spearmen. Here are some examples.

Here is Himuro a Spearmen versus Tullaryx a normal Cavalry (in case anyone was wondering he was the only good normal cav I could think of off the top of my head). I upped his leadership as well so they are both even.

Quote:
[Scarlet Moon Empire vs Tinto at Arlus]
----=<Round 1>=----
Himuro's People of the Far North Regiment (Spearmen) and Tullaryx's Ordo Corvipennae Regiment (Cavalry) engage in battle!

Tullaryx's regiment suffers 1872 casualties, leaving them with 9528 soldiers, while Himuro's regiment suffers 1087 casualties, leaving them with 10313 soldiers.

Himuro's regiment wins!

-----=<Result>=-----
[Scarlet Moon Empire]
Round 1: Himuro (Spearmen) 11400 - 1087 = 10313

[Tinto ]
Round 1: Tullaryx (Cavalry) 11400 - 1872 = 9528

Unless the Spearmen's strengths and weaknesses have changed this seems like it should be a bigger difference.

Again I dunno if this is intentional or not in regards to Spearmen performance but I thought it would be worth pointing out.

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regiment attack / Regiment defense, maybe?

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: War Calculator Bug? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, what are you talking about? Spearmen have regiment advantage over Cavalry and Himuro won, like he should, especially at a good region stat-wise like Arlus. Also, you're on plains, a terrain that gives Tullaryx a decent advantage as well. There are lots of things that go into how much damage is done and since we don't completely understand it, I don't know how you can say the damage isn't enough.

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unless I am mistaken, those numbers seem to be what they would be in a real fight, with the same units, at Arlus, with the same strength.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: