Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Crystal Valley theory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Crystal Valley theory Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried to write a fanfic that didn't really go anywhere, but with it I had a theory brew up in my mind about Crystal Valley and the Circle Rune.

I'm not too positive as to what Crystal Valley looks like other than it's a massive city that takes days to cross. The temple is obviously made out of crystal or else the city wouldn't have gotten this name. So how could a large hunk of crystal become a palace? I think the Circle Rune emanated its power through crystal and diamond, since the Rune deals with stagnation. The molecular structure of diamond doesn't change, so it backs my theory to the Circle Rune's potential spells and symbolism.

So how did this happen? Well now it's pure guesswork, but bear with me. :)

I'll compare this to when the Flame Champion lost control of the True Fire Rune, thus ending the 1st Fire Bringer War. Well if the Circle Rune used diamond and crystal in its spells, what if Hikusaak lost control of the Circle Rune near the end of the Hero's War? Just like the explosion of fire, there could've been an explosion of crystal, taking Hikusaak within it. Somehow this caused the destruction of Aronia and the birth of Harmonia, but I never smoothed that out.

So how the hell did he survive? In the fic, I was intending for Hikusaak's body to have been destroyed, but his soul was forever encased within the crystal as his curse for bearing the Circle Rune. He could only communicate with a select few, being the Bishops, while maintaining his infamous distance from society. The rumors about him being dead would be legit because Hikusaak can't talk to anyone other than Sasarai and the Bishops. The desire to obtain all the True Runes may be Hikusaak's fear of exposing others to the horrors of the True Runes' wills, so that no one would suffer like he did: unfortunately, society twisted the truth to make it look like he was an evil expansionist bent on controlling everything. Then again, maybe he does want everything under Harmonia's rule. *shrug*

Unfortunately, this doesn't explain the cloning process used to make Sasarai and Luc, but Suikoden's cloning method may not be the same as our world's cloning methods. He did it: we just don't know how.

So in conclusion, Crystal Valley, the Circle Rune, and Hikusaak are all the same thing. It would explain his long time absence from society while communicating to the Bishops, plus shed some interesting new light onto the Circle Rune's nature itself. What do you guys think of this?

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, fan-fictions are not allowed to be posted in the public forums, EXCEPT your nation's forums, and only then if you've been granted permission by your Nation Leader. (Shrew in your case.)

Your theory is flawed, considering some of the data that SARSadmin has provided in this site. Check the timeline for the initial Harmonian Civil War, and you'll find that it is sometime around IS 230. This is when Hikusaak is FIRST rumored to have been missing, so this "encased in crystal" theory doesn't fit with what we know about Hikusaak thus far. If I might direct you to one of my original posts on this site...

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38872#38872

In this essay, and in subsequent posts, I believe I answered a lot of the questions regarding Hikusaak, his history, and his nature. Feel free to PM me with any questions on this.

Also, if you would like to know a little more about Crystal Valley, you should browse all the sections of the main webpage, and do some research, as I do believe many of your questions will be answered there.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regardless of having perhaps less material background than is available, the theory's not bad in places. I actually enjoyed reading it, especially in the idea that the Circle Rune may be involved in "controlling" crystal.

I don't personally ascribe to the idea that each True Rune needs "spells" per se, since they're merely a mechanical contrivance. In Character, the powers of all the Runes are probably a bit more flexible than the game can account for; if nothing else, the True Runes certainly are.

And Sai, Benit wasn't talking about posting fanfic here, she [I think she, right?] said that this theory occured to her while working on fanfic. There's no reason she can't mention that; from what I've seen of her posts, I'm pretty certain she knows the rules by now:)
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The fic failed, thus it doesn't exist. Sorry if this caused any trouble though. I didn't really look around first, so it doesn't matter if this gets closed or not.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the first post Benit149 said she did not know what the Circle rune looks like. I think we have seen it in S3 all the Harmonian soilders had a circle on I think thier helmets. It is I think made up of three circles in each other also in the manual of S3 lining a picture.

CLERKS
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So that's why Harmonia drew their "National True Rune" like that. I was wondering about that.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty much a certainty that the circular symbol is the rune. If you look at the cover art for Suikoden 3, it shows the True Fire Rune in the corners. If you look at the reverse artwork with the Harmonians in it, it has the circular symbol. It isn't confirmed to be the Circle Rune, and if it isn't, it's probably inspired by the rune.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: