Suikoden United and Irenic Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn’t have any trouble at all getting the money needed for my Night saber mount. As soon as I hit level 40, I had about 122 gold in my funds, so that was enough to get the riding skill, my night saber, and the talents unlocked for your class at level 40. After everything was said and done, I’m now at 11 gold.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/

That is a very nifty site that acts as a database for anything world of warcraft related. I’ve already taken the liberty of searching every single person’s character that was mentioned. I’m really impressed with the gear you high level people managed to obtain. Makes me pretty jealous especially considering that one of your weapons might cost as much money as I’ve obtained in the entirety of the game. Also, don’t mind my abysmal profession scores. I enjoy the fighting aspect so much, that I haven’t gotten a chance to mess with anything else.

Looking through it though, it’s made me wonder about something. If I recall correctly, Rogues (like hunters) can wear mail armor after learning the skill at level 40. But Synchysi’s character is decked out with nothing but leather gear. I can only guess that this is due to the fact that Leather gear gives the best bonus to agility and Stamina while Mail focuses more on Strength and Defense. For hunters and rogues, the agility and stamina group is more important than the Strength and defense one.

If you cross examine my character, he is decked out in nothing but mail armor. My defense always annoyed me because I’d get destroyed at short range. So I figured that Mail armor would help me last longer. But after looking at it closer, my agility rate plummeted after switching over to the mail armor. Even if I chose armor that gave substantial boni to agility, I had more agility wearing the leather set.

So my question is “should I change my armor back to leather?” I’m still in the mid levels, so this type of thing is still fixable for me. Or is a hybrid of both the best bet for my particular class?

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As a hunter, Agility is one of the most importat stats you should focus on. But, mail isdefinatley a better option.

Here is a site that will help you with all your loot questions: www.wow-loot.com

It is a excellent site to figure out the way you want to go gear wise, and if you click on a item it usually takes you to www.wowhead.com and a page that has cooments, pics, drop rate, and possible quests needed to obtain the iem. As I said, very useful.

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm completely decked out in leather not because it gives the best agility bonuses (which a rogue lives and dies on), but because rogues can't wear mail. If you look at my defenses, my dodge chance is almost 30% and my parry chance is 10%. Add on top of that Evasion (+50% chance to dodge for 15 seconds) and the fact that every time I parry an attack I can disarm my opponent (as well as deal an additional 150% weapon damage) for a measly 10 energy. Adding mail, which would more than double a rogue's armor, to all that damage mitigation we already have really would make us overpowered. Trust me, if I could wear mail I would. >_>

With my hunter (level 60), I've had a few instances of wearing leather instead of mail due to the huge agility bonus it gave me. I can especially understand BM hunters maximizing their agility regardless of what kind of armor it is since they rely so much on their pets. However, 99.9% of the time the best idea is to wear the best type of armor you can. Every armor class has drops and quest rewards that are specially tuned to the main two classes (or three, in the case of cloth) that wear that particular type of armor.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My main is now level 62, which I've decided is a sucky level (along with 60, 61, and the whole 40-46 bracket). All the good stuff is really close and looking forward to that is making levelling at the moment a bit tedious. Right now I'm grinding Cenarion Expedition rep (and Sporeggar too but I don't care about them) in Zangarmarsh. I still haven't got my epic mount, mainly because I can't be bothered going to the AH to try and make some gold, I've got a bunch of Outland greens sitting around on my bank alt too.

Mainly I want to get to 70 so I can start decking my character out in awesome equipment. I noticed Synchysi has the same off hand sword that I want so I'm a bit jealous :P. I'll probably go for the Wastewalker set for armour (maybe the Assassination set gloves though) but that could take awhile as most of the stuff is in heroics. Oh well, I really should stop focusing on the future so much and just concentrate on levelling.

Here's my character:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Hawk thanatos
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh World of Warcraft my weekend guilty pleasure, I am now lvl 70 and have been so for some time, I do have my flying mount, but I dont have the greatest all time gear. Right now I am working on getting heroic keys for some of the instances which you have no idea just how much of a pain in the rear end that is. I mean in the end it will be better for me, and my guild for me to have the better gear, but man is it hard to get groups for this stuff. Cenarion Expedition and Lower City are particularly annoying to try and get groups to get rep for. For those not in the know, you need to get revered before you can buy your heroic key(turns what for example would be a lvl 60-62 instance into a lvl 70 instance if you choose to). I can tell you that when you dont have willing guildmates, the grind from zero to 12k is a LONG one.

Anyways for those who might be curious to see what my character looks like, and what kind of items that I have, you can just search for Rathmagen, im on the Dark Iron server(horde). You are also free to check out my main alt warrior Filipeb on Bronzebeard who is also lvl 70.

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Gruul is down. All told, it was harder to getto him than fighting him. He was pretty straight forwad, even though he wasn't bugged.

I have to say though that WoW is really boring me at the moment and I need a break.

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cedric wrote:
I didn’t have any trouble at all getting the money needed for my Night saber mount. As soon as I hit level 40, I had about 122 gold in my funds, so that was enough to get the riding skill, my night saber, and the talents unlocked for your class at level 40. After everything was said and done, I’m now at 11 gold.

You're already Level 40?

When did you start... like two weeks ago?

I think it took me about three or four months to get my first character's mount. I started in late July and I didn't have a mount until I was in Brazil, late October or early November.

What have I done??? What kind of maniac have I created???!? :D
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it took me a good long while to get to Level 40. I had my mount about the time I hit 41 or so, and I was pretty on track to have enough gold to do my Level 60 epic mount as well. The only one I'm thinking I won't have much chance to afford is the Epic 70 flying, as 5,200 gold is a bit steep.

I'll definitely have enough for the weak tea lesser flying mount though, make no mistake about that.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here it seems liked an eternity to get to level 40. Well my charecter is level 62 now and it is so laggy in the outlands so it is hard to gain levels.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had such issues leveling with my current specs, so I decided to change up my Druid to feral so that I can actually kill things without having to get a friend or two to come help me do some of the more simple quests. >.< I'll be going back to restoration once I've hit 70 or so, but for leveling purposes I need to be able to kill things.

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've now finally reached Level 69! I have every intention of holding off here for a while. Since my Guild really isn't large enough to do any Raids in the foreseeable future, I've decided to focus all of my energy into PvP. This means that I really need to try and build up some Honour and Marks while I still have the advantage at the top of the bracket, rather than on the even playing field of the 70-only bracket. My equipment is a bit weak anyway...in part due to the fact that I've levelled on rested XP for most of my time on WoW, and in part because I never get drops I can use.

Seriously! I get more cloth caster and leather drops than anything else. Imagine this, I don't want to use those instead of my Plate armor!

I've also completed some of the 5-man Instances in Outland though, and I have to say that I really like them so far. In terms of both playability and cash/drops, they seem to be quite superior to any 'regular world' instance I've been to. I also thought that even Hellfire Ramparts, which was really just a nice little 'intro' dungeon, was more interesting to me than many of the instances I've run in the past. Once I got out of the actual levelling aspect of Hellfire Peninsula (lag and all...) I really got into the game. I'm really looking forward to getting to any of the endgame content that I can run.

CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Level 35, YES. XD And, yet, I have little money saved for my mount. >.>;; More than anything, I've been getting rep for other mounts than my racial one (I'm a draenei). I WANT A KITTY.

Is it just me, or with the second to last patch, does anyone else have trouble running after following someone? I tend to continue walking, and I'm not able to run...
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm that's a strange trouble Mirage, though I can't say I've followed anyone since last patch.

I'm now lvl 70 and raiding Kara most nights. I am getting sorta bored since my mate in Auckland isn't playing much atm and its just more and more of the same.

Here's my profile:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Hunt erseeker

Its quite sad really that all the epix I've got so far have been leather - I mean I can wear mail but the agi and crit rating on these leather items are just too good. Having said that I need to start grinding my leatherworking, only 4 skillups to go before I can make epic mail gear, which will take me from the realms of mostly blue into mostly purple. Still no purple weapons though, which hurts my DPS some.

I've also got a twink rogue (in the same guild - called Drunkard) and just got lifestealing enchants on his daggers. Its pretty fun but yeh it didn't help my general increasingly 'meh' attitude towards the game.

Aanyhow - I'm up near the top of my guilds DPS charts, which if you know endgame hunterdom is a hard feat, mages and locks get so much better gear/bonuses/trinkets/everything lol.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone else seen this guild running around their server in WoW?

SturmGrenadier

This video is hilarious!

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that I'm 70, I've discovered a tremendous love of World PvP. It's a lot of fun to just run around some zone in a raid of random Horde and battle with the Alliance, even if we are obscenely outnumbered most of the time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

Jump to: