Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Father's Day preparations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Father's Day preparations Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always wondered what to give my father during Father's Day. I spend time thinking about it that I suddenly realize that it's already the day itself, and I end up doing nothing to show my father how much I appreciate him. This year, I want to be able to do that, but I don't know how to. I have two options right now. One is to buy him a cake or a shirt or something, and give him a father's day card, and the other is to take him out on a movie, but I don't exactly know which movie. I don't think Spiderman 3 will be out in theatres by that time, but if it is, then it's all set. Do you guys have any advice as to what other options I could go for? What do you plan on doing this Father's Day? Share them, so that I could hopefully formulate other ideas. Thanks!
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I honestly can't say what you can do for Father's Day. (since my parents are divorced and I haven't seen my own father in like six years...)

But the Spiderman 3 idea sounds awful nice since it's already out so give that a shot. I'm sure your dad will appreciate it lol.

- necro
"Vengeance will be mine. I shall repay, saith the Lord" - Romans 12:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know what I'll do for my dad, probably get him a case of beer. I think he could appreciate that.
Necrilocity

79265 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HAHAHA! A case of beer?! Wow, but hey, If he likes it then that's cool ;)

- necro
"Vengeance will be mine. I shall repay, saith the Lord" - Romans 12:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could get your dad a gift certificate to a store. Sears would work, they have something for everyone. Or if he's handy, get him a card for Home Depot. If push comes to shove, a well picked card and a hug ought to do it. :wink:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alrighty, thanks for your responses, y'all. I don't think the gift certificate think would work, Phamex. He's not really into shopping or even going out at all in the first place, so yeah... I do like the card and hug thing. Simple, yet so profound. Of course, I'm going to try to shoot for more than that.

Oh, and beer, he could totally get on his own. I don't know any good labels of liquor, but perhaps that would also make a good present for him. If only it weren't too expensive...
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't know myself. I'm not even close with my father, and honestly speaking, when the hell is father's day? :oops:

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My father tends to like electronics, and usually me and my siblings buy him a DVD player. For Christmas, we got him a DVD player.
So it would be very difficult to top this.
I try to look for some herbal tea, since I know he drinks this a lot, and likes anything that is Chinese.
So it's best to think of what your father uses all the time, and what are his likes. You can get him some coffee for example, and perhaps observe how he likes it. Or maybe his favorite kind of food.

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not know my biological father but I do get on well with my step-dad.

I dont get him anything for fathers day but he has his own kids who buy him things so hes not missing out.

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sun's Vicegerent wrote:
I really don't know myself. I'm not even close with my father, and honestly speaking, when the hell is father's day? :oops:

I believe it's during the second Sunday of June, much like Mother's Day was during the second Sunday of May.

Dragonstar13 wrote:
So it's best to think of what your father uses all the time, and what are his likes. You can get him some coffee for example, and perhaps observe how he likes it. Or maybe his favorite kind of food.

Hmm... that reminds me... I should buy him a new mug or something. He likes drinking coffee, but isn't really into the fancy stuffs. But a new cool mug would certainly be another good option. Of course, my resources are limited, so perhaps I will try to find one of those in future Father's Days. Or maybe his birthday or Christmas (which are one day away from each other).
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Get him snacks he likes that he might not have around the house for what ever reason. My Stepdad likes Mallowmars. Mallowmars are a great side gift.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i haven't decide yet...

i think i gonna him a new Watch... He like Rolex.. but i can't afford to but that.. maybe i think something else...

but for sure..

i want to give him something...

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dad's birthday is around the same time as fathers day and my sister was actually born on that same day as my dad so my family has two birthdays to deal with around fathers days. Usually we just do whatever the both of them want to do that day, whatever it is and I will at least buy my dad a fathers day card and a birthday card as well. Also, I will prob by him a shirt or something. My sisters birthday present is already taken care of since I have decided to give her my Nintendo Wii being that I dont play it at all anymore and she plays it a lot and really enjoys it so i was like why not?

I may also try and buy my dad something else besides a shirt but I dont know what, since he doesnt like to get like junk. As for most fathers at least in my experience they dont care really about getting a bunch of presents or something good, just being there with them and letting them relax and giving them simple things is always good and doing simple things just like taking your father out to a resturant for dinner is good. Thats wht me nd my family will most likely end up doing going to some resturant my dad likes and for his birthday go to another resturant both my dad and sister like or what my sister likes...since she is daddy's little girl...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: