Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Curse of the Golden Flower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Curse of the Golden Flower Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember seeing commercials for this movie and wanting to go see it. Unfortunately I don't have many friends who like these kinds of movies and it didn't stick out to me enough to go and see it alone.

I ended up renting it last night with my sister and a friend. We were all completely blown away. We were all expecting a high paced kung-fu movie and had no idea what we were in for. Although there were some short, impressive fight scenes, they were completely overshadowed by the incredibly drama filled plot and the excellent performances of the cast. The thing that really got me however was just how visually appealing this movie is. From the costumes, to the architecture, to the displays of human organization...it just left me with my jaw dropped.

I can't describe this movie as anything but epic

Has anyone else seen this movie?

http://www.sonyclassics.com/curseofthegoldenflower/[
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have this movie on DVD. if you liked Hero and House of Flying Daggers you will most likely like this movie. The first hour or so is basically story and plot although there is at least 1 fight scene that is really good and the second hour of the movie has a lot of action scenes in it and just the plot gets really good and twists and stuff. I wont spoil anything but it is definately worth watching.

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, if you have enjoyed Yimou's other movies, you'll probably like this one, too. While it is different from Hero and House of Flying Daggers, in that it is more of a drama, than a kung-fu movie, it is certainly still well done. While I don't think I like it as much as his past movies, it's hardly bad. While he isn't quite as good at drama as he is with, well, kung-fu, I think it was still a pretty successful movie. In my opinion, the end was the best part. Of course, the end was the part where the kung-fu came in. heh.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, too, have it on dvd but I still haven't unwrapped the bloody thing to even watch it. I think I bought the dvd not just to see the extreme Dynasty Warriors scenes but also to see just how often Gong Li's impressive cleavage shows up in the movie. Every commercial I saw about the movie kept showing it.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Gong Li's impressive cleavage

How she fits into her dress is probably the most impressive part about the entire movie, Tull. It's worth a watch, just for that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
scenes but also to see just how often Gong Li's impressive cleavage shows up in the movie. Every commercial I saw about the movie kept showing it.

It is quite amazing :P
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Inspired by this topic actually lol I watched this again last night. This time in English with english subtitles just because I think its funny that was is said by the actors and what is written in the subtitles is different.

also I had a question about what the weapons were called the the ninja used. The ones that were like scythes with ropes.

Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
Inspired by this topic actually lol I watched this again last night. This time in English with english subtitles just because I think its funny that was is said by the actors and what is written in the subtitles is different.

also I had a question about what the weapons were called the the ninja used. The ones that were like scythes with ropes.

That would be a kusarigama
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

thanks and now i want one >_>

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: