Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best HQ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first castle was such a pain. It was hard to navigate and generally just not very castle-like. It was, to put it simply, ugly.

The second castle by far was my favorite. I could find things a lot easier, including people. It felt like I immagine a castle should feel. It grew at a good pace, and everything felt functional. It was very nicely designed.

I was glad the castle in 3 seemed quite similar to the second castle, but I have to say that the lack of repair for most of the game was annoying to say the least. The castle was fine, but walking around it wasn't as much of a joy as it was in suikoden 2. I did, however, like the addition of paintings/vases to decorate. It was a nice touch.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoy the fact that all the HQs are rather distinct in look and feel. Just the fact that they are not always castles and only castles is quite a nice touch. Hopefully the trend would continue. Toran Lake Fortress, North Window and Budehuc Castle were excellent in their own right, but it might be a good time to move away from the castle theme. Especially since most players seemed to not see the difference between a HQ and a castle.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
I enjoy the fact that all the HQs are rather distinct in look and feel. Just the fact that they are not always castles and only castles is quite a nice touch. Hopefully the trend would continue. Toran Lake Fortress, North Window and Budehuc Castle were excellent in their own right, but it might be a good time to move away from the castle theme. Especially since most players seemed to not see the difference between a HQ and a castle.

But the problem with moving away from castle theme is that when you have such a large number of characters (108 and plus the thousands of soldiers in the storyline), it wouldn't really be a good idea to have a headquarter that isn't a castle as well. Not to mention that by having the headquarter also as a castle, that would be a better way to defend the headquarter compared to having the headquarter as a simple building or town instead.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

booboo200

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, the castle in suikoden II was the best..to me, the castle in s1 just looked like a big rock and was plain ugly..lol. suikoden 2 castle actually looked like a castle! lol.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The HQ in Suikoden2 was by far the best. All the extra people wandering around and the fact that the characters actually wandered around to the different areas of the castle.It was also a very good strategic position to set up a HQ in North Window seing how Highland lacked naval experience.The charaters in the other two games were ok but they sucked on the strategic part the castle in suikoden1 was in the middle of a lake and last I checked the Scarlet Moon Empire had a very good navy and if they decided to move on the liberation armies HQ the liberation army would proably have lost.The castle in the suikoden 3 seemed a lot closer to Zexen then the grasslands and they didn't even repair the castle they just left it the way it was which just seemed silly to me.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interms of battle, I have to say S1's castle. S1's castle was much like a fort where you could easily see any coming enemy, it was surrounded by water, and much easier to defend from coming enemies.

Although S2's castle is actually my favorite. There was a lot you could do around there, plenty of mini games and a concert with Annebelle.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden I, 2's was beautiful and all, but how cool is a lake castle?! It's gorgeous.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the best headquarters is of Suikoden2, it was really different than the first headquarter which was really a cave. It really looked like a livable place full of people other than the characters not like Suikoden1, and has more people than the castle of Suikoden3. It is more bigger than the other tow in size and have more open places like the laundry place, the garden, and even the roof.

I also liked the idea of moving characters in the castle of Suikoden2, it is really fun to see them in a lot of different places not like Suikoden 1or2. In addition, the castle actually growing in size is a thing fun to watch, I know that the first headquarter also grew in size but I did not notice any radical changes in its architecture and the same thing goes to the castle of Suikoden3. I do not deny that the headquarter of Suikoden3 is cozy or comfortable to move in but the idea of a no repairable holes is really awful, it really felt like they were very poor or something.

Anyway, I prefer it more because of its weird places such as the jail, the graveyard, and the dojo, also because it provided more fun to play mini games. It is not as the other mini games were not fun or something, it is just that I did not enjoy playing them that much (except the theatre in Suikoden3).

So after every thing that I wrote it gets obvious why I chose the headquarter of Suikoden2 as the best.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like the HQ in Suikoden III, actually. I seriously don't understand why the broken walls piss people off so much. But, ah well.

I'm really looking forward to the HQ in Suikoden IV as well. It's supposed to be a big boat, right?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd easily say Suikoden 2's, because it felt like a real army base, not just a little underground movements hideout.

Yeah, the Suikocden 3 castle wasn't that bad, the only major problem was that the castles structure never actually changed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally did not mind the broken walls or the lack of growth in the Suikoden 3 castle. The thing I didn't like about it was the fact that the characters did not actually do much while there. For example, Elaine hangs out at the bar. But rather than sitting and drinking, she just wanders back and forth in it. Compare that to Suikoden 2, where not only did the characters in the bar drink, but different people would be in there at different times. Its little details like that which made me not care for the Suikoden 3 castle as much as the one in Suikoden 2.
Chad

688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes i agree..i like 2 better than 1 and 3
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well , I think the best headquarter was in suikoden 2 . why ? because it was more perfect then S1 and 3 , the style of decoration was really amazing , when you look back in S1 everything was in ruin there were rockes all over the place , and in S3 it was almost perfect but the holes in the walls ruined avery thing .
and about the size of the castles , one thing a know for sure that S3 castle didn't get bigger like S2 , it's really great when you see your castle get bigger and bigger every time you recruit , you just wanna rush back home and see the new rooms do you have , but in S1 it's the same old ruin .
and Iam sure the next suikoden castle will be the same as S2 , I hope so , anyway
Iam looking forward to see it .
Sesshomaru

47809 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definetly Suikoden2 its the coolest and the most fun to navigate.Suikoden3s castle stunk.
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though it couldn't defend jack, with as much as the walls are falling down and what not,the Suiko 3 castle/manor had the feeling of a small village and a homeliness to it that actually made it comforting to roam around in. I think the music helped create a peaceful setting also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: