Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Football 2006-2007 (-Real- Football)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Iskas, freak of nature, eh? Well ... who knows. Maybe I'm crazy enough to transfer 51 times and get 200 points penalty for next gameweek?

I've never quite understand what Guard of Honor is. What is it? Sounds nice though. So maybe I'll get one if I can.

Exile, it's never over until the end, man. While 100+ points seem to be a gigantic gap, it is still possible for something crazy to happen. Week in week out, the dream team often score 100+ points. Of course it's also unlikely to see me scoring 0 or even negative points, but we'd never know. There's simply no limit on how many points you can achieve in a week, so it's still open though only tiny bit left. I'd say I have the league won 99.99% but there's still that 0.01% that scared the crap out of me. ^^ It would be sweet if I could end the season being the top scorer in the final gameweek too.

And yeah, it's the Tinto Top Two! We crush other nations. Awoooo. Oh btw, Iskas, would you beat Exile if you count your first gameweek score too?

Transfer is indeed very important. But personally, I think my overall decent success (my team is still not the greatest when compared to everyone else in the world and not just Suikox) is caused mostly by finding good bargains for the cheaper players. I've seen mistakes made by other teams by focusing on bigger names that cost more but scoring similar number of points with the cheaper ones.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah i think i would, i had something like 63 points from the first week.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah 63 precisely, I made note of it on the first page of this thread because I didn't realise at the time you were able to reset your score to start at the same as the rest of us. We can be more organised next time and get in before week 1 since we won't be searching around for a new league system to use I guess and we'll stick with this one.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, hopefully we can get it set up a little earlier and advertise it more on the forums to get more members to join!

But the website was a little late being opened for the new season too so hopefully there will be more time to set things up.

Final League Positions:
1 Boom Boom Boom Boom (54) 1862
2 PK Rangers (59) 1753
3 Green Berets (32) 1691
4 Axis (52) 1591
5 FC Plange Luma (39) 1523
6 Coole Mavericks (30) 1420

Good season all-round but being away for the month of January really hit home and i never recovered!

Congrats Aurelien on your league win!
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting to note how Exile is only 62 points above Iskas at this point, meaning had Iskas kept the 63 early points he would've finished 2nd on top.

But, it's been a good season. I did join a bit late, but hopefully next year I can join right away. Should be fun next year. I'd like to see more faces, too.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I would have needed 2 points in the first week to have outscored Goldy for the whole year, eh? Think I may have managed it!

Really was a bad week for me to try having a defender as captain, there were a total of 3 clean sheets made in all of the games played yesterday and none of them were for players that I had in defence or in goal. David James tore up the points with a penalty save, clean sheet and a few saves to make himself the top goalie, Taylor was the top defender, Ronaldo was very obviously the highest scoring midfielder even with only 1 point this week and finally Rooney took the most points for strikers this year beating the top scoring (in goals) Drogba by 14 points.

Since we're all already signed up it should be no trouble getting us back in for the league next year but we'll have to remember to remind others to sign up early and join us. I'm already looking forward to it anyway.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm already looking forward to it anyway.

Same here....it's going to be a long summer this year! :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: