Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Thread post counts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Thread post counts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isn't about Suikoden directly, but this seemed to be the best forum to put it in. On FFGurus we have a hack installed that lets you click on the total post number for a thread, and it will bring up a list ranking how many times each member has posted in it. I always got a kick out of it there, and it would be far more applicable here where some threads can stretch on for hundreds of pages. What's the possibilities of something like this being implemented? I can find out more about it if you're interested.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure how workable this is with our forum type-- but if it is doable, I certainly think it would be a nice addition. Of course, it's only for looks, really, so all war-game material takes priority, but I do think this would be a nice addition.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, if somebody will link me to a hack, I can take a look at it.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm... Well, I'm now told it was a standard in the newer versions of vb and no addition on our part, and since this place is running phpBB I can't really help you there. Oh well, I still think it's a pretty good idea, if anyone else knows a means.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be a pretty complex script to make from scratch. It'd be impossible to do without a hack already being available somewhere.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This one seems to provide what Shad asked for.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is being more than a bitch to install because of layout differences. Yeah, it's my fault to have customzied the crap out of this forum, but that's why everything else has been delayed.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like the hack has been finished (or near finished) successfully. It's really pretty interesting, and I'm glad you were able to do this, despite how customized the forum is. It's turned out really nicely. Thanks. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol, 0 posts in July.

Did you move the fame to the regiment section to confuse the new members even more, or can you move it back to the top?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, fame is supposed to be more of a regiment-related stat, so I moved it there.
How would that confuse new members anyways?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, good to see it looks better now. And you moved VC and Fame down, so that's better since they'd go nearer with the regiment stats.

As for the July thing, it seems that everyone doesn't, so I assume this isn't fully completed yet. Though I did computer, and I found that 668 should be on July 2006. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see why VCs would go down there, but I'm actually in agreeance with Yvl on where the fame should be. It doesn't affect your in game regiment stats at all, it more reflects the post himself-- so it should go with the post information. It doesn't really matter that much, though.

Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

How would that confuse new members anyways?

I thought the original reason you made it was to see what our reaction would be. >.> Now you're saying it IS related to our stats?

Quote:

As for the July thing, it seems that everyone doesn't, so I assume this isn't fully completed yet. Though I did computer, and I found that 668 should be on July 2006.

That was the time of the server crash, wasn't it?

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, for some reason I was thinking it was in June, and that Vex was able to recover the posts made then. >_>

So anyhow, that answers it, I guess.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, just stay confused, you confused people.

-closed-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: