Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*POOF*

Ced told me that this thread was really active and well. I started it quite a while ago and haven't really looked at it since I came back.

As for choice of class...

As a tank, you have three choices of class: Warrior, Paladin, and Druid. Warriors are the tank and DPS option, Paladins are the Heal and Tank option, and a Druid can do all three. I personally play a warrior and I enjoy playing him, but he's a bit more difficult than most of the other classes, though gaining a lot of viability now that I'm gearing up. It's definitely not a breeze getting up to 70 as a warrior.

However, you're not limited to defence as a tank. Every class as a damage spec (specialization that you earn through your talent points. Hit 'n' when you reach level 10) and you can use that spec to help you level.

As you know, a tank is the guy who draws all of the enemy fire. They're designed to mitigate damage, and also have abilities like "Taunt" that force enemies to attack him.

Healerse obviously heal.

DPS means damage per second. DPS stands for damage per second but generally refers to a "damage dealer".

Those are the three main roles in a party. You also have...

CC = Crowd Control. There's a number of abilities designed to disable enemies from moving or attacking. That's Crowd Control. Examples are Ice Trap, Polymorph, and Sap. Rogues, Mages, and Hunters excel at CC. To a lesser extent, Priests can shackle undead and Warlocks can banish elementals.

Kite: Leading an enemy around with slowing effects such that he can't actually hit you. That is a hunter's specialty. If you can hit a guy with a slowing shot and run around him, he'll chase you and never actually catch up to you while you destroy him from range.

As I said, Ced, if you want to do good damage, Hunters are definitely a good way to go. They're not as omgpwn as mages are in terms of top end, but you'll bring good CC and a pet to the mix as well. Hunters are one of the easiest solo classes too.

Let me know if you want any more advice :)
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
i've recently joined the wow universe, and as a consequence, spend hours on it...damn their hides for creating addictive games!

i am having fun with it, however, the whole lag when i least need it tends to make me want to chuck the compy out the window while screaming expletives loud and nasty enough to curl your hair.

does anyone have issues with wow and vista concerning lagging and connection problems (occasional)?

woot. Welcome to the WoW, Syb.

I've been gearing up my main for the past two weeks. Proud to say I've farmed enough primal fires and spell cloth to get my full Spellfire set :)

Since my guild has had some serrious issues rebuilding into its once former glory, I'm kind of limited to just PvP right now (which I love). After being one of those unfortunates who made a serrious PvP grind before they changed the honor system however, I can only take so much PvP. Because of this, I actually got Blizzard to undelete my original toon; A level 60 Nelf warrior.

I completely forgot how hard it is to level an undergeared warrior..
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently WoW and Vista are not very good with each other yet. That's about all I know about it.

I joined a good guild recently that does a lot of high-end instances. They're not a hardcore raiding guild... it's filled with mostly casuals, but there are a lot of regulars as well that I can contact to run instances a few times a week. A few of them are in Kara. I'm still getting myself attuned and geared up.

I crafted my epic blacksmithing weapons though and levelled blacksmithing from 1-361 in about two weeks, so I think I'm done farming for the meantime.

And... An Announcement!

I should update the first post to provide a list of people's characters on various servers, actually. Want to post your main's name, your server and your affiliation on the board here if you don't mind other people maybe contacting you in the game?

I play Myrannis on Twisting Nether, Alliance Night elf Warrior.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*cries* I can't put this game down.

Anyway, I'm Freyjadour from the Arygos server. I'm a Night Elf hunter just like Arcana suggested.

I'll be sure to ask advice from everyone here, but right now the game is pretty chill with its missions and stuff so I haven't really needed much help. They sure have some big cities in this game. It's not like the RPGs I usually play. It's a nice change.

I guess I've been doing my own form of kiting then because of the Concussion shot. I use that first but it usually runs out before the cooldown period starts again. I can't wait to level it up or get some traps so I can really learn how to crowd control and kite people for real.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have two characters on the Blackwater Raiders server, but both are low-level. Marlowe the orcish hunter (level 23) and Shoes the elven mage (~level 12). I only played for the trial period and one paid month however. I also leveled a few other characters to level 12-15, all on Blackwater Raiders, but then lost interest in them.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I updated the first post with your info.

The game slows down at Level 16... and then picks right back up when you get the opportunity to start doing your first instance (The Deadmines in Westfall).

It's all a lure of little rewards... at Level 10, you get a reward (hunter pet). At 20, you get a new ability that allows you to run faster. At 40, you get your mount, and hunters get to upgrade their armor to mail.

And of course, at 58, you get to go to the Outland and get uberpowered greens and tons and tons of gold selling grey items.

It's a stack of little rewards and little milestones that keep a lot of people playing. I love how you can gain a level every few hours up until level 30 or so.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every character I play on a regular basis is Horde on Feathermoon, my main being a level 70 blood elf rogue by the name of Marsch.

The progression is significantly different on Horde than Alliance from what I've seen (my highest Alliance is a level 40 druid). Horde-side you can pretty much start instancing around level 13 (technically, you can as Alliance as well if you feel like corpse-running to RFC >_>) and do that non-stop until 70. The biggest difference I've noticed, though, is that Horde leveling slows down around 36-42 whereas Alliance's biggest lull seems a bit earlier than that, around 30-36.

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play a Tauren Druid on the Echo Isles Server with Parallax. I love Druid more than anything else I've played (I did 60 a Troll Priest back in the day though). I am of course Feral which means I can hang with rogues for melee dps because of the broken ability called Mangle. Anyway Stealth also spoils people I just want you all to know that.

In my opinion Druid is also the best class to solo with in the game (except maybe Warlock since I only got mine into the 20s so I can't really say all that well). You start off a combat with pounce which stuns for 6 seconds and gives em a nasty nasty dot bleed effect which is then enhanced by Mangle. Build up some combo points and give em another nasty bleed effect. With Leader of the Pack I crit around 25% of the time with a standard cat attack speed of 1.0 and with Imp Leader of the Pack I heal myself for a bit every time I crit too. If things get hairy I just shift and drink a pot (I am an alchemist) or use a healing spell. With Barkskin I avoid spell setbacks too. Using this strategy I can solo something 6 levels above me carefully and 7 if I am really lucky.

Multiple mobs that are 4-5 levels above me just require some bear form with Frenzied Regeneration. It's a very good time.

As for you Cedric it sounds like you are getting a pet soon so if you don't know already theres a couple of different kinds. Theres the dps ones and the tank ones (some are considered "well rounded" as well but in my experience they still fall into one of the other two categories except maybe not as effectively. Cats and raptors are the atypical dps pets while something like a bear will be able to keep your target occupied while you do whatever you want to it with a gun. Thats another tip train guns because from what I've seen Bows and Crossbows are just not as good and don't have as many options (dunno if thats different in Outland though).

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

destromath for me; a blood elf hunter (who's currently locked for some reason :( ), a troll warrior and a tauren shaman.

my hunter has a vampiric mist bat because i'm a beautiful snowflake... :wink:

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play Horde on Echo Isles. My "main" character is Ulldhur, a Level 65 Orc Warrior. I have several others, because I want to try out all of the classes eventually. I'm not on any of my other characters very often though, so if for some reason you feel like coming to Echo Isles and contacting Boogeyman and I... try Ulldhur.

In other news, I've decided that I really don't much care for instance running as a general rule.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol......I have decided since my schedule and the fact that my guild isn't in need of my awesome nuclear attacks, I shall respec to 17/o/44. Yep, mage is going pure PvP baby!

Oh, and btw, Walkerboh>68mage>Elune:P

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just respecced ice too but for farming purposes. :( I've been in love with arcane/fire so long that this ice thing is killing me. I tried PvPing but it just isn't as good. Sure theres much better survivability but I usually roll with some pretty nasty healers anyways so it was never a problem.

Can't wait to get the last piece of my spellfire set so I can go respec back.

(Xyron, 70 mage, Kirin Tor. Don't underestimate the ar pee's pee vee pee : P )
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since I'm probably going PvP at 70, the Battlecast set is looking like the way to go for me. It has better stats than the spellfire, which is definately what I want.

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I'm going to mix and match. The spellfire gives such great +dmg and its all socketed. Mix it up with those amazing high stamina arena pieces and you have one scary mage.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finaly go to 69. Geez that was annoying. Gonna play alot tommorow and get to 70.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: