Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Attack or Defense?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I mostly favor offense because of the type of game I'm playing. If I was mainly playing RTSes, I'd be the kind of player who favors defense.

There's no clear-cut answer; what matters is what works in the particular situation. If offense works, I'd take the offensive side. If defense works, I'd take the defensive side.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Depends, attack is obviously more entertaining than defense, whilst defense can serve a vital role as well. I'd say they are both equal to me, but for entertainment purposes, I'd pick attack.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's really fun is when you use a action replay on Gamecube and get The Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance once you get him you won't need attack or defense he's invincible to every attack except ones from the main character and I believe the final boss as well.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never found being invincible as being fun. It's so painfully boring. Even if you have a character with high attack, it's usually balanced by poor defense so then you have the threat of being wiped out pretty easily, and if you have high defense you usually have poor attack so then you run the risk of being nickel and dimed to death, meaning they'll keep chopping away at you, you won't be doing much damage to them, and eventually you'll run out of healing items first. If you have both crazy high attack and an impenetrable defense, then you can just walk through the game with your eyes closed. Even games that have cheat codes for invincibility I rarely, if ever, use that since it doesn't help you improve your game if you can just walk through everything. Gotta learn how to handle some handicaps.

~Uguu!~
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not like I cheated on my first playthrough it was my 3rd playthrough and I just wanted to have some fun...
And also that's the exact reason why you wouldn't able to get The Black Knight he's a unstoppable killing machines who has the coolest attack animations ever.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as the saying goes a good offense is a strong defense. I like offense and having powerful attacks. If you can destroy your enemies in one sweeping blow than you have no use for defense.

Omerta

Fighting First

139174 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats a tough one. Invincibility lies in the defence. The possibilty of victory lies within the attack. I would rather be remember as invincable.
DailyFacade7

The Facades

39 Potch
13 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer to go on the defensive at first and come up with a big surprise attack for my enemy. Then BOOM, Good Game. I am a big stamina junky as well, so I all about out lasting my opponents.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way, I figured out why i prefer offense so adamantly - it's because with offense, you can end the battle quickly and get on with whatever you're trying to do.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a big offense guy. I hate battles that go on for ever and ever. I can understand if there's a super epic boss fight or something that takes a while, but common engagements? Bleh. I have better things to do with my time than sit around and wait for an opponent to kill themselves on my armor spikes or some such.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pick offense, because with a strong offense you can quickly end battles if your characters' speed is also pretty high up there. And I've always loved just being able to do the most damage to the enemy as possible.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer characters with high offence and lower defense. As Sailor Sexy said, the most fun games have characters that have both strengths and weaknesses, so my favorite characters usually have high speed and attack, but low defense and HP. With these, they die easily, but they kill easily as well.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
Blood Blades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would rather have high attack over defense. Because the longer a fight goes on the more damage you may recieve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: