Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

World of Warcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Levelling past 60 does not go really quickly, I've decided. Although I've had a lot more luck in Zangarmarsh than I did on Hellfire Peninsula, for whatever reason. I notice that I got a lot of random lag spikes and interface freezes on Hellfire, and that it was a difficult area in general to solo in. Zangarmarsh treats me better in both respects, and I'm almost to 63 now as a result, when before I thought I'd never get to 61.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dinged in at 65 last night. Man Terrorkar is no joke. he quest aren't really hard, but damn they are boring..

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gratz Spar. Yeah Terrokar was my least favorite place in the Outlands. I hate questing period and those quests were the worst. Get into Netherstorm as fast as ya can :)
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude, trying to farm Firewing signets>.< so easy, but boring. Almost honored and my roomate is gonna give me almost 200 sunfury!

But anyways, I hit 66 and am doing somedurnhold runs for this dagger that I'll use until I get the one from BM. I'll also probably not even bother replacing my off hand until the off hand drops from there too! So, I'll be probably running the shit outta BM.

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I just hit honored the other day. Rep grinding always blows. I've been farming primal fires for like a week now for my Spellfire set. :(
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Parallax wrote:
Levelling past 60 does not go really quickly, I've decided. Although I've had a lot more luck in Zangarmarsh than I did on Hellfire Peninsula, for whatever reason.

It does go noticeably faster once you leave Hellfire. The whole zone is laggy as hell, there's those annoying stealthy Fel Reavers to deal with and most of the quests are obnoxious, although it's a pretty good place to gear up for the rest of the Outlands. Once you get to about 66 and can get to Blade's Edge, it's a breeze all the way to 70; it took me about 17-18 hours of playtime to go from 68-70 just questing in Blade's Edge Mountains and Netherstorm.

The Facades

39 Potch
13 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone play on Altar of Storms?
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Synchysi wrote:
It does go noticeably faster once you leave Hellfire. The whole zone is laggy as hell, there's those annoying stealthy Fel Reavers to deal with and most of the quests are obnoxious, although it's a pretty good place to gear up for the rest of the Outlands.

Having advanced quite a ways past Hellfire now, I'd have to agree. I'm so happy that it's not just me that had horrific lag all through Hellfire Peninsula. I died more times to Fel Reavers because I would spike when they ground tremor or their sound effect happened than for any other reason; I hate lag!

Zangarmarsh was much better, and a bit more interesting I think. I liked the different factions there, and the story of the region was much better than "Rarh there's Burning Legion!", and provided for some nice variation. Now I'm in Terokkar Forest, though I'm about done there; to head into Nagrand I think. I hope I'm doing the zones by level correctly; I'm about halfway to 65 at the moment, with a few quests left in Terokkar that I think will push me most of the rest of the way, and maybe spill into the very tail end of 64 in Nagrand instead.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the rest of Outland; Blade's Edge and Netherstorm (I've been into Shadowmoon Valley... scary place!).

Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's about the way I did it; Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, Nagrand, Blade's Edge then Netherstorm. I'm just now starting up the Shadowmoon Valley quests; in all honesty, unless you're a rogue or a druid, I'd reccomend avoiding that place until you're able to fly.

Nagrand is probably my favorite zone in the Outlands, and it's a skinner's dream; nearly everything you'll be fighting there is skinnable. It's a good place to start building rep with the Consortium and there are a couple pretty interesting storylines there, especially if you're Horde. Environmentally, Nagrand is pretty gorgeous as far as Outlands zones go.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i've recently joined the wow universe, and as a consequence, spend hours on it...damn their hides for creating addictive games!

i am having fun with it, however, the whole lag when i least need it tends to make me want to chuck the compy out the window while screaming expletives loud and nasty enough to curl your hair.

does anyone have issues with wow and vista concerning lagging and connection problems (occasional)?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Cough* noob coming through. Excuse me.

Alright, so after endless requests and prodding, my friends have finally convinced me to play the game. It's funny how I'm the last one of the group to finally join in considering that I'm the RPG gamer of the group. But anyway, I digress.

I'd like some race and class suggestions. I've heard that we need a tank, but I've also heard that they're hard to level up since they rely on defense more than offense. We already have 2 mages, so I'd rather not focus on that class. We have a dwarf priest along with a paladin (I think that was it) so the Rez part of the game is taken care of. There's also a high level druid and rogue if we ever need to power level or something.

I haven't started yet, but I'm thinking of choosing between the Rogue and Hunter. I hear the Rogue has great damage per second, and I can actually go solo. I also like having an easy time leveling up because the only thing I want to do is catch up to them so I can go on group quests.

As for the Hunter, the only thing I keep hearing about them is that they have "pets". That doesn't really tell much about what they can do though.

Preferably, I'd like to have a character with high DPS, solid defense, able to go solo, semi-healing ability and stat buff. I'd have a lot of fun with a character like that. Now I seriously doubt one class has all those traits, but what would be the best fit for me considering all of those things? Also consider that I play for the long run, so long term results and benefits are more important to me than the ones in the short term.

Also, what difference does it make what race you are?

(Noobish stuff I know. I appreciate any help though. If anyone is wondering, we play on the Aragos Server)

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cedric wrote:
Preferably, I'd like to have a character with high DPS, solid defense, able to go solo, semi-healing ability and stat buff. I'd have a lot of fun with a character like that.

Sounds like a perfect description of a Druid. In cat form they're basically rogues (DPS, stealth), in bear form they're warriors (tanking, though the further you get in the game the less viable a bear form druid is at main tanking) and in human form they can heal (though unless you go a resto druid you won't be able to be a main healer later on) and druids are the only class that get a battle rez ability, they also have one of the better buffs in the game with Mark/Gift of the Wild. All this combines to make them a great solo class too.

Cedric wrote:
Also, what difference does it make what race you are?

Apart from the obvious fact that each race can only go certain classes, and the whole Alliance/Horde thing, race doesn't matter too much. Each race has 4 unique abilities though (some passive).
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Druids as a main Tank are actually very viable in Kara.there are some bosses in fact where having a Druid tank instead of a warrior is actually the best option. Right now my guild has both.

Cedric, in the end dude, it comes down o what appeals to you the most, butfrom what you have said Druids fit your wants.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Synchysi wrote:
That's about the way I did it; Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, Nagrand, Blade's Edge then Netherstorm. I'm just now starting up the Shadowmoon Valley quests; in all honesty, unless you're a rogue or a druid, I'd reccomend avoiding that place until you're able to fly.

Aye, I wandered in to Shadowmoon Valley briefly at one point, and it didn't seem like much of a fun place to hang out. It reminded me a lot of Silithus, but with different types of monsters. I didn't enjoy Silithus, and I often wished that I could fly to get around with out fighting seething legions of Silithid and snakes...and crap. I ventured into Nagrand a bit and it seems pretty cool. Anything is better than Hellfire, that's for certain.

Synchysi wrote:
Nagrand is probably my favorite zone in the Outlands,

This is more or less exactly what I was hoping that you would say. I like getting positive feedback about someplace I'm about to go. It doesn't seem like I have much choice as far as progression in Outlands, however. Unlike the regular world, where there were 2-3+ choices for each level range, some more dangerous, some boring, or whatever.. it kind of seems like in Outland you really have to keep to the straight progression or else you're going to be outmatched as long as you're there.

I couldn't hang, for example, in Blade's Edge Mountains or Shadowmoon Valley, and I've done basically everything in Hellfire Peninsula, Zangarmarsh, and Terokkar Forest. That leaves me with Nagrand. But that makes it even more important that it's a cool zone, I guess.

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhhh good ol' World of Warcraft, yeah right now I have 2 lvl 70s on my main a Tauren Shammy is currently working it's way through Kara, and hopefully some time in the near future get myself a peice of tier 4. the other is now also lvl 70, but I am unfortunately a LONG ways away from making it into Kara because I cant even afford an epic ground mount(training) much less a flying one, which is needed to get keyed for Kara. Right now aside from gear to be better in Kara, and money to start keying and gearing up for Kara there isnt really much to do with my characters. So I am fooling around with a BE Pally for kicks, aside from that I dont play it all that much, too busy working myself into an early grave all day long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: