Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Season 2006/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it looks like Sir Charles Barkley will have to eat his words about the Warriors being done in 5 games. I think Game 4 was even more impressive than the two blow-out wins in Game 1 and Game 3. They were behind through most of the game and even down by seven with less than six minutes left. Baron Davis has been playing like the Tasmanian Devil in this series. He seems to be everywhere on all the plays. He's either driving the lane, dropping a three, stealing the ball, getting important offensive boards and just making life for Jason Terry and Stackhouse hell.

They're now up 3 games to 1 but I'll still reserve celebrating the Mavs demise. The Warriors will now have to travel to Dallas for Game 5 and even though they're up 2 games I'd rather they just won it out now instead of going to a Game 6. Whatever happens from now on this series has to be the most exciting one of all the first-round series, so far.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, I think the Mavs are done for. Whatever it seems, they can't seem to stop the Warriors from beating them. Golden State is a good home team, and stealing one under Mavs turf makes them that awesome.

Dallas will lose this. In six. So say goodbye to Mark Cuban lifting the title unless Baron gets injured or something. Let's go to the next round, then: Golden State vs. Houston/Utah.

In other news, Chicago swept Miami. Yes! I don't believe it! I gave the Heat to win one game but the can't. Chicago is simply too athletic for them. With this sweep, I'm even thinking that Chicago can actually push Detroit to seven games.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Golden State does move on to the second round I actually think they will match-up well with either Utah or Houston. Neither team are as fast as the Warriors and in the games they lost to Nellie's crew it was the swarming defense and small-ball lineup which gave big men like Yao Ming, Carlos Boozer and the like fits. Really, the only team that matches up well with the Warriors has to be the Phoenix Suns who can match the Warriors in team speed and defense. The San Antonio Spurs would also give the Warriors fits just for the fact that they have enough team speed in Tony Parker and Ginobli to counter Davis and company.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering that the Lakers were in this same spot last year, I know the excitement the Warrior fans are feeling right about now. Let me tell you, there is nothing like it. But because we know what happened last year, I also know the disdain and disappointment that fell on all of us when we didn’t get the job done. And heck, we experienced the feeling twice because the very next series, Phoenix beat the Clippers.

Golden State should have that on their minds. It’s not impossible for a team to come back from 3-1 to win the series. So I think they’re going to try their best no matter where they play. I think the way the play is perfectly suited to close out games. When you have a team that runs like crazy, you’re going to be pumped no matter what. I’m not too concerned about their mindset. I’m more concerned about how the Mavericks respond to them. I personally want to see the Warriors win even though I picked them to lose in a tight series. It would make a good story and they’re probably going to be the only NBA playoff team from California now that the Lakers dug themselves a hole.

That was an impressive display today. They were down at three separate intervals to the Mavericks and they still came back. That half court shot by Davis just proved to me that they were destined to win that game.

One last thing about their pace, just to add to what Tullaryx said, I think they’d match up well against anyone to be honest. We’ve seen that they can nullify half court offenses which Dallas has tried, while playing a team like Phoenix plays into both teams’ plans. I’m seriously hoping that the Warriors can make it and match up with the Suns (provided they indeed finish the Lakers). Watching that kind of game would be priceless.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

plain and simple the mavericks are done for. once again another bad game for them. bulls swept the heat. miami is the first time in over a decade to be defending champions and get swept in the first round. i think they said this is the third time this has happened to coach pat rilley.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Mavericks don't have a chance I think. Don Nelson is their old coach. He knows how to stop Nowitzki and most probably, the Mavs still use some of his plays and he knows how to stop them.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel bad for the Miami Heat, they're really a better team than they played, but I have to give Chicago credit. I thought it was going to be a hard series for them. Maybe I under estimated the Bulls, or maybe I over estimated the Heat. Regardless, I'm surprised. I called the Bulls winning, but not in 4.

As for the Warriors, you can't tell me anyone saw this coming. The Warriors squeaked into the playoffs. They were a basically a .500 ball club, being just 2 games over the .500 mark. The Mavericks were the best team in the league. If the Warriors take another game and end Dallas's post season, this will be the biggest upset in NBA's recent history. I personally still want Dallas to win, and it could still happen. Last time an 8 seed took a 3-1 lead on a 1 seed it was the Orlando Magic versus the Detroit Pistons back when Tracy McGrady was on the Magic. The series result? Detroit took the series in the 7th game. So, its not unfathomable for Dallas to light a fire under their ases and win the next 3. But given their track record against the Warriors this year, it looks slim. I think the Warriors just have Dallas's number.

New Jersey is up 3-1 over the Raptors. I know the Raptors are a better team than the Nets, but I think the Nets experience in the post season is showing. Jefferson and Carter are doing phenominal. And Kidd isn't doing badly either. If the Raptros want to win, Bosh and Ford have to score more than 13 a game. Also, they can't find a way to shut down Vince Carter. Everything they do to stop him fails. If that continues in the next game, Totonto will be out of the playoffs.

Tonight will be the last night the Wizards are in the post season. Without Arenas and Butler they were just dead in the water. I think this series would have been interesting if those two were healthy. Le Bron will move on to the semis, It will be an interesting matchup. I think they'd face the Nets or Raptors. Cleveland has a smooth path to the conference championships. That 2 spot is better than the 1 Spot.

Sorry Lakers fans, I hate to tell you, but its just about over. Steve Nash basically refused to shoot last night, getting 23 assists. 23! I think thats close to some sort of record. He's proven his MVP status once again. Kobe shot up 31 points in the losing effort, which is pretty decent. You can't say he didn't try. I think the Lakers need to focus on steals and defense to beat the Suns, something they really aren't designed to do. Their players, aside from Walton, aren't great defenders. Kobe can do his share, but I think Odom needs to step it up on D. Also, Luke has to stop turning over the ball, he had 7 turnovers, which was almost as many points as he scored. Fundamental errors and key defensive play need to be fixed before they can beat the Suns.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a lot of people are just so used to seeing the Warriors fail season after season that they see their inclusion as the 8th seed in the West as a fluke. Hell, people actually think that the Clippers are the better team than they are. I can't say that I don't agree with them, but when people still give the Mavs all the excuses about why they're not winning against the Warriors instead of just actually looking at just how talented this Golden State team really is. The team seems to be feeding off that slight coming from every corner of the league. As the saying goes they're playing with house money and don't have anything to lose.

For them if they win then people will say the Mavericks we're not prepared. If they lose then it's vindication that they shouldn't have been in th playoffs to begin with. I think the Warriors will take that disrespect they think they're getting from fans and the league and use it for all its worth (real or imagined) until someone does stop them.

I think people have to look at this series this way. They won three games on the Mavs in the series with two of their players who were so integral in that push in the end. Al Harrington and Monta Ellis have had a horrible first round and unless they get better I actually think Nelson will keep them on the bench and use others to take up the slack. Yet, despite little or no production from two of their best players the Warriors haven't just blown out the Mavs during those wins, they've hung around to win a close one last night.

I actually think that if they hadn't lose their composure during the tail end of the 3rd quarter during Game 2 this series would be over. They were still in that game right up to through the 3rd when the wheels fell off. If they had stayed calm and played Game 2 like they did last night during Game 4 this upset would be even bigger since it would've been a 4-game sweep. I see very good things about this team for 2007-2008. If they can dump the salaries of Jasikevicius, Foyle and Powell then they will have room to extend the contracts for Biedrins and Ellis. I think even trading Pietrus wouldn't be out of the question if it meant opening up more cap space to sign a cheaper journeyman but who would be a hard defender in the Bowen mold.

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Nash was basically passing the ball around. I think I counted about five times, maybe more wherein he'd just wrap the ball around the Lakers defense to an open jam by Stoudemire or a mid-range jumper by Marion. 23 assists is no easy feat.

A couple years ago, people would laugh if you said Steve Nash would make it into the Hall of Fame someday. If you say that now, that actually seems possible. Nash is going to make it into the Hall of Fame in the future. And a ring would solidify that claim, as well as a third MVP.

I feel really bad for my Washington. Early in the season, Washington played very, very good - Arenas was on fire. But they kinda lost sputter down the stretch, losing both Arenas and Butler. Jamison just can't do it all by himself no matter how hard he tries. Washington needs to get a decent Center in the offseason, I don't like Brendan Haywood or Etan Thomas, as I think they're more of a backup-type rather than the one you'd throw out to play. Maybe they can get Pau Gasol. That'd be cool. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Mavs just gave up in the second half. As much as I love the fact that the Warriors beat them like some redheaded stepchild, I was a little sickened by how the Maverick players gave up playing hard once they were down 21 points in the mid-point of the 3rd quarter. Baron Davis really dug deep and played through one healthy leg while Stephen Jackson just went nuts on the Mavs. He went 7 for 7 on threes with J-Rich taking up the slack of scoring with Davis slowed down with his hammy strain.

Cuban was not amused and happy.

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jackson was nuts, he actually missed one near the end which is kinda sad, but that puts him at 7/8 from 3-point area, which is still very, very good.

Dirk left his game in the closet.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

can't believe the mavericks blew this. they did horrible against a 8th seeded team. first time this has ever happened. now that this has happened i would like to see the warriors keep this going. utah tied the series up 3 games to 3. i would like to see them take it in game 7, i think they can do it.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm loving how a lot of the so-called experts are now jumping on the crazy bandwagon that is the Golden State Warriors, though some still think the Mavericks losing has less to do with what the Warriors did than what the Mav's didn't do. Anyone who has seen the Warriors, or even just followed the NBA, since March up to this series know that Golden State has enough speed, athleticism and just don't-care attitude to beat any of the remaining team on any given night.

It's not that the Dallas Maverick ran into a Golden State Warriors team which came into the playoffs as the current hottest team in the league. They ran into a team that was better than them overall. The Mav's may have Nowitzki, but one player does not make a team if the rest and their superstar do not live up to whats expected of them.

Baron Davis and company pretty much showed that they don't just have the talent to take on anyone and everyone in the playoffs, but have more will, determination and heart to win the game instead of waiting for the opposing team to hand it to them.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

also you gotta remember that dallas had a hard time beating golden state in the regular season. golden state was the reason why dallas's 17 game win streak ended. dallas wasn't just that good enough to beat them, golden state had their number in the regular season and now in the playoffs.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
also you gotta remember that dallas had a hard time beating golden state in the regular season. golden state was the reason why dallas's 17 game win streak ended. dallas wasn't just that good enough to beat them, golden state had their number in the regular season and now in the playoffs.

Actually, before the series began every so-called expert pointed out that playoffs is different and that Dallas would take it up a notch and roll through Golden State in 4 or maybe 5 games. I think no one heare predicted the Warriors were going to steamroll over the vaunted Mavericks. I think a few even pointed out it would be a sweep and that Golden State shouldn't even be in the playoffs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: