Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best HQ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Best HQ? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The question of what names did you give to your different headquarters got me to thinking. In your opinion which headquarters did you like the best and why? Personally I liked the HQ in Suikoden I the best.

1. It can only be attacked by boat on the lake unless you teleport there and not to many enemies have that ability.

2. It is somewhat centralized to everything.

3. All of the different levels on the spires offer places for characters of like personality and abilities to go.

3128 Potch
112 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Suikoden I's headquarters is the best. While the HQs in Suikodens 2 and 3 look better to me, their shops and activities are a lot more spread out. All of the important stuff in Suikoden 1's castle is more centralized, so there's a lot less running around needed if you have to do a lot of things there.
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say the HQ in Suikoden 2 was the best, simply because it was the one that felt the most like an actual community. Rather then just standing or wandering around aimlessly, the people in your castle actually spent the time out of your party doing things they wanted, such as drinking in the tavern, watching the stage show, etc. Plus, the large number of generic soldiers and citizens that lived there made it seem much more lively than, say, the Suikoden 1 castle, which was primarily just a place for the 108 stars to hang out. Its large, spread out design may have made it less convenient than the Suikoden 1 castle to get where you want, but I appreciated the whole sense of a thriving castle town, so I did not mind running through the whole thing.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to concur with the pixilated rocket in front of me. Suikoden 2 castle was big and it felt like an actual town. Plus it Was on a pennsila and is tacticly sound ground to mount a defense. The lake it sits on isnt a problem sense highland has no navel capacity. Plus it was in the center of the dunan region anyway.

3's sucked. Is it really that much trouble to repair your walls?

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although the castle in S2 looks more like an autual town, I like the castle in S1 better. All the shops, etc. are centralized, it saves the trouble and time for running around preparing for battles.

Plus, the huge rock castle in the middle of the lake looks really cool :D
and strategistically speaking, the castle is really good in the defensive sense.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although the castle in S2 looks more like an autual town, I like the castle in S1 better. All the shops, etc. are centralized, it saves the trouble and time for running around preparing for battles.

Plus, the huge rock castle in the middle of the lake looks really cool :D
and strategistically speaking, the castle is really good in the defensive sense.

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked running around the castle during Thomas's chapters. Then they made me think they were going to fix it, and it made me mad when they didn't. That, and having loading everywhere was annoying.

I'd say Suikoden II's castle, because of the atmosphere. And there were no accursed Zombie Dragons living in it.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite HQ is Suikoden II because to me it just seemed the most like a castle. Thought it was not the best one because if the enemy was careful they could just easily corner someone there.

The best HQ would have to Suikoden I because it was a very hard thing to attack. The enemy would either need to use boats or to use dragons.

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S2 CAUSE THE SHOPS WERE SIDE BY SIDE AND IT LOOKED REAL FORGET 3D, S1 WAS BIGGER DOE, S3 .........................WELL IT WAS ALRIGHT ..........YEAH.....ALRIGHT
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved Suikoden III's castle, but I'm going to have to go with Suikoden II's headquarters. I loved being able to find certain characters appearing in different places and how things were always changing, like the bar attendents. ;3

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems like battle is between looks and utility. :)

I prefer the castle in S2, for all the reaons stated previously(looks more like a thriving community than just a HQ, etc).

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to go have to go with Suikoden III. It just seemed like a more down to earth type of feeling when I played the game. Kind of felt like home in a way.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like North Window the best. The reason is that probably it looked closest to what a castle was supposed to be in my opinion. The castle part had the barracks and dojo for the soldiers to train, sleep, eat, etc. While just outside of the "castle", there were buildings that would make it like a mini-town with all the shops, pond, bath-house, tower and even the trees. That's what a castle should be like in my opinion, and the best headquarter should be the best castle indeed.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with the castle in S2, for the same reasons that everyone else said. The place just had a better atmosphere, and the general look of the place was just better than Lake Toran and Budehuc.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two, without a doubt, it's the only castle in which running around is actually fun and not a chore. One's was too small and bland and Three's was just plan lame and it took way too long to get around. And it, like S1, was just plain dull. (And the mini-games sucked,too). :evil: :evil:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: