Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Have no nation? Become a mercenary!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A "mercnanary"? You mean, a half-fish, half-canary type of being? I can arrange that if you insisit.
Quintuplo B

1209 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to become a mercenary.
shadowdragonknight

12727 Potch
1326 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hi, i would like to be mercenary for now, i want to find a kingdom for me to serve after i have enough fame >.<
pardon: sorry for the trouble i cause in the past because i was still a kid at that time but now i understand more and i am matured a little, so i want to regain the pride and honor that is rightfully mine...
Catz Gravehart

The Black Dart

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Me and my friend Wolfgang Knight are mercenaries for hire because every other group is closed off. Anybody wanna hire us? :wink:
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The groups are closed off, because itcosts 1,000,000 for a immigration permit into these nations. Though if youw ish to be hired, I suggest cheading out the merc forum, and not the outer thread here..

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Catz Gravehart wrote:
Me and my friend Wolfgang Knight are mercenaries for hire because every other group is closed off. Anybody wanna hire us? :wink:

Yeah, nations are unlikely to pay one million potch for new members until they establish themselves as active posters and contributors to the forum. I suggest reading this and a number of other topics in the Mercenary Guild, it'll give you a general idea of what to expect and how things work. Also, you seem to have joined at a bad time to want some action, a new phase has only recently started and you'll have to wait until the next phase to take part.

If you want to know anything about being a Mercenary, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Yeah, nations are unlikely to pay one million potch for new members until they establish themselves as active posters and contributors to the forum.

That certainly isn't the case in SME.

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to agree with Yvl. Harmonia would be will also to pay that sum of money if it meant a active member in the long run. Its more than a worthy investment.

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it can be a gamble though, Masaya & Yvl. Who is to say that the member is going to be active for a long time. I've seen plenty of people join, go mercenary and then never return. It happens all the time. I'd hate to see a nation toss 1 million potch only to have the guy go inactive. (I'm not saying that is the case with any of the new members though.)

My advice to new members who are thinking of being a mercenary, retink it. Mercenary life is a much harder path than one of a nation member. Because this war game relies on stats, low leveled people will not get hired for much potch, if they're hired at all. From a strategic point of view, I can't justify paying money for a level 4-5 person when most nations have so many inactives or low active memebrs they can use for free. I understand the appeal of being your own boss and the glory being a merc can be. But when you're fresh out the box and aren't experienced, you're not going to be sought after as heavily as you would hope.

Your best bet is to remain in your nation for a few phases, learn the war game completely and then judge for yourself whether mercenary life is worth it to you. There is a lot nations have to offer. Many nations have a lot of fun games and topics that just aren't found out here in the common boards. It is a lot easier to establish yourself as a member while in a nation than out of one. There's only a small handful of folks who have been mercs from day 1 and become really successful at it. And mostly that is because they have a lot of activity and they went adventuring as opposed to being actual "soldiers for hire". If you can't be as active as them, you're most likely not going to see a whole lot of action.

If you have a friend in a nation board and you want to be with your friend, you can always have your friend tell an admin that your buddy is new and would like to be in the same nation. Chances are Vextor or Axiose will move you to his or her nation. I'm just letting you all know mercenary life is not an easy path, and can get tedious and boring. Especially with your timing coming in just after a phase started.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would seem like an interesting path to follow, though it would not be the one for me. Perhaps purchasing a merc would make them become a regular poster, there must be a large number of Mercs and they can't all get work each phase surely?

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends. There's no shortage of battles so potentially every mercenary could get hired. Of course I'm just talking about actual battles and not region development, which most mercenaries are hired for every phase. It seems the trend at the moment is to go on an adventure.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My advice, even though I'm not a merc, is to stay in your nation for now until you have more experience, more victories, and better stats. That will increase your chances of being hired.

EDIT: Of course, Axiose has a valid point as well. It's up to you Overdose.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually haven't been hired by any nations which aren't NPC so far, so you can take the Mercenary path and go through it however you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: