Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

sialeeds MAJOR SPOILERS

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proemthez

9412 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: sialeeds MAJOR SPOILERS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

um sorry i dono where to post this. but why did sialeeds help godwin again? im at the part where the sun rune destroyed the dam. i tot i heard her saying the sun rune will destroy the dam and she knew you all will occupy the dam so she tried to get there first. so how does that help?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To tell you to get the hell away from the dam perhaps?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would expect her idea was if she just let Godwin do what he wanted, he was in full control of things. Whereas, if she joins his side and does his bidding, while she'd still be doing damage, perhaps she wouldn't do as much, and have at least some control over the situation. That's my take on it basically.

-My DeviantArt-
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went to the other saileeds betrayal topic and didn't see an answer to this, I am kind of confused by why gizel and doph seemed to know exactly what she wanted to do, which is basically getting the both of them and the rest of the godwin faction killed by tearing them up from the inside at some point yet they didn't mind giving her so much authority and the twilight rune. I don't really buy the theory that something regarding her betrayal was discussed during the meeting at stormfist from the very start since saileeds seem to hold a grudge against people that screw her over, I doubt there is any way she would let gizel kill her family and join him later as a part of a plan while she still hates lucrecia for giving the queen questionable advise years ago. I guess saileeds was never going to "betray" the godwins until the very end if the prince failed which never came, so did they think she wouldn't be able to do it then or they could use her until the prince is defeated and then they will plan to get rid of her somehow?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm wondering more about the dolph/sialeeds link; they meet several times, but little is said between them. it makes me wonder if they didn't plan something together or if dolph was sent to keep an eye on her...?

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe Dolph was sent to keep an eye on Sialeeds, because after she killed Euram's father, he was waiting outside of the mansion and she said "what, did Godwin think I wasn't capable of killing him?" well, she says something like that. i don't remember the exact quote.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't think there was much between the two. it may of seemed like it was dolph that brought her in, but it was prolly gizel that told dolph to go talk to her. like what The badguy from Tron said, he was prolly sent to keep an eye on her.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess would be that Ze Badguy hit the nail right on the head with the whole Dolph / Sialeeds thing. However, I seriously don't think she joined 'cause she knew you were going to take over the damn, and knew that Marscal would try to bust it... No, no, no... Lucretia was able to plan ahead for it, anyway if you recall, so that couldn't have been the reason. And seriously, as much as Sialeeds might've "hated" Lucretia, she respected her talents, and could probably discern that she would know what to do, or have a contingency plan which... OMG! She did! :P

My guess is that she hated the senators... I don't know about Rovere, seeing as we never got to see him, or know how any of the characters would've related to him. I think she intended to have them all killed anyway, she just got lucky enough to get the opportunity to do in Salum personally. Dolph probably was there to make sure it got done, though I wonder why Dolph didn't question her decision to leave Euram alive... *laffy* It's just as well, as Euram is pretty damn amusing. She probably would've sided with Godwin until the end, where she'd have to make the decision to kill Gizel or Marscal herself. For all we know, her intention (this is my guess) was to become Queen for herself, and clean up the nation, her own way. She kind of admits that she couldn't trust the Prince or Lucretia to clean it up for her, and I've a suspicion that she couldn't trust Lymselia, either.

Of course... That's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also don't think there is much going on between saileeds and dolph but once again I ask why did gizel, dolph and marscal give saileeds so much freedom to do what she wanted and the twilight rune when they obviously knew she is up to something to harm them? I don't recall anything said that indicated the godwins knew exactly what saileeds wanted to do except gizel's last words, but they were about the most self confident, knowledgeable and calm villains in the entire suikoden series. They were almost one step ahead of even lucretia at all times, so I'm sure the godwins had a pretty good idea of saileeds' intentions. I guess she was the only one on their side who could have used the twilight rune, but by giving it to her the godwins caused themselves two chances to win the war straight out and I'm sure they saw it coming. So why did they let her do whatever she pleased and didn't just kept the twilight rune sealed to begin with?

Also since saileeds obviously didn't join the godwins to help them win the war, how could dolph convince her to join them after the rebels had a tide turning win in battle? the cause of that made no sense to me, I can see if saileeds made plans of her own to work with godwin to spoil the princess' rescue and prevent the nation from going back to the way it once was, but unless dolph said at their meeting in doraat: "betray the prince in the next battle and in return you get to kill us later" what the hell could he possibly say that would convince saileeds to think it's the right time to join the godwins to carry out her own agenda???

I need to confirm something else about the godwins: other than gizel, marscal, and dolph, did anyone fighting for godwin have the slightest idea what they were really fighting for? everyone who fought and died for the godwins did it for their own duty or believes, while none gave the slightest hint that they think they might be doing the "right thing" the way that marscal suggested at the end. Bahram and dilbert fought because they were loyal to their jobs, childrich is just a mindless dumbass, saileeds had her own reasons, while alenia and zahhak clearly fought because they thought the godwins were gona make the nation stronger by using the sun rune, not getting rid of it. Did the head of the godwin forces purposely didn't tell them because they don't want someone disagreeing with their reasons or what? without any sort of a remotely noble cause mentioned the entire game, it sure almost seem like a desperate last attempt to make the godwins look good for the sappy ending.
WalkerOfDawn

Howling wind

2544 Potch
16 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also just gefore you get the dragon cavelry she says to lymslia that she dosent think the rune can stop prince i dont know what she ment but it kinda hints that she knows what the goodwins were plaining

I doupt there is a link between her and dolph her intensions are more self motivated and i doubt she wanted the throne for herself because rite before gizel dies he says that the true victor was sialeeds so my guess is she wanted to get rid of the senat and joining godwin was the easiest way to do it
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: