Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Suikoden Game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Suikoden Game
12%
 12%  [ 14 ]
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I can't choose
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 109

Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II for sure. I just can't think of any game I enjoyed playing more. It had everything I could possibly want in a game. Story/mechanics/music/gameplay/minigames/sidequests. Its just the complete package.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite would have to be Suikoden 3.

The trinity sight system was a great way to tell the story and give multiple perspectives that were lacking in other games. It was interesting to see how the same events were seen through different characters, and how they were all manipulated. It was absolutely genius to have the ability to play as the villains if you got the 108 stars of destiny.

Character wise, the system allowed for quite a few characters to be involved in different ways. The game had more of my favorite designs than any of the other games. I loved Yuber's new look, loved the addition of ducks with halberds (seriously, how much cooler can you get than a duck with an axe?). I liked several of the other character designs, like Hallec and the Alma Kinan girls.

THe battle system change could have been smoother. I didn't like how physical characters might stay back because a magician was behind them, and didn't like how characters with a dual unite would have to be in the same grouping to be used. However, I liked the change in the war system and how it actually mattered how different people were levelled up. I also liked the addition of having a seventh character for intrinsic effects.

I've always been against the traditional world map view in rpgs, where you were giants in what was usually a poorly rendered world map. I just thought it looked tacky. This was a little bit different, although still fairly similar, but I liked it.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II. Altough the story and plot in SI were memorable, the game lacked some mini games and some details that Suikoden II introduced, and as SII story and plot were awesome too, my vote is for SII.(SIII and me dont talk each other :*laugh*:)
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Part I still stands among my favorite rpg`s of all time. It deserved credit for being the first of a great series, of course. The 108 stars, the expanding castle were all there. There were a few rough spots, however. Toward the end the game seemed a bit rushed and apart from Sanches being exposed as a traitor the game moved in high velocity toward a fairly predictable ending.

NumberII is still the best of the series in my opinion. Allthough it feels a bit like part I it is far more polished and surpasses is predecessor hands down. They`ve improved the awkward inventory system, for example, and added tons of mini games and useful/entertaining functions such as the detective. Many other staples of the series were introduced in this installment. The army battles never failed to keep the player on his toes due to the ever-amazing tactics of Shu. This kind of strategical suspense has yet to be equalled in other installments. Even today the 2D graphics look crips and colourful!

Part III, unlike the heavy criticism by many fans, was imo a brilliant game in many aspects. I loved the trinity sight system which was something I had longed to see in an rpg for a long time. There were many interesting characters whose personalities seemed more defined than those of most characters in previous installments. The illogical fighting system dragged it down a bit and it tinkered a bit with some of the by then established Suikoden conventions like enemies being SOD`s and all. I believe most of the criticism it endured was unjust and was mainly aimed at III being different from its predecessors.

By far the weakest installment imo was IV. While not a terrible game in its own right it didn`t even come close to the previous Suikodens. The map system was cumbersome, the characters mainly uninteresting and even the colors looked dull and the storyline, while kicking off well, provided barely enough motivation to keep playing. The reason I passed up on Tactics was actually because it was set in the Suikoden IV world which invoked memories of dissappointment and tedium.

But then along came Suikoden V which fixed everything! With a great storyline, the most defined characters in the series to date and very interesting and diverse places to visit it righted all the wrongs of Suiko IV. It wasn`t perfect, though. I think the environments were lacking detail in places: Anyone remember the blank, grey sky in the arena of Stormfist or the lack of any scenery outside the windows? That was almost unacceptable for a game of its generation. Still I would rank Suikoden V as the second best in the series after II.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 is etched to my heart because it freaking rules in every aspect. None of it's characters are annoying. My only peeve is it was too short.
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 is the best game of the serie.

Yeah, I played only 1,2,3 and 5.

If Konami makes a remake of Suikoden 2,with more things in the history,with good graphic etc.

It'll be the greatest game!xD

For Ps2...heh

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say 2 since its the one i have played through the most, brilliant characters, nice story and some cool mini games. It was an improvement on 1 and just has the edge. 3 I have not played but would probably like from what i've heard, I'm suprised that nobody has said 5, as its a very good game certainly a better suikoden than 4.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose suikoden 2 for the same reasons that have already been mentioned. Although, I expected suikoden 5 to get better results on this poll.
Hikoichi

The Tiger On The Storm!

107585 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm.
I think the best and brillant of suikoden serie
it's of suikoden 2 too.

now that I realized of the minigames are a cool point to add in favor of suikoden 2 for the best game.

but a thing that is not on suikoden 2 is the fact of a secret chapter that you control the main villain as main character,like suikoden 3 (if you have all 108 stars,you play as Luc.)

a secret chapter that you control Jowy in Highland it is a cool point to add to the discussion, I think if they make a remake of Suikoden 2,they can put this chapter in the end of game...

I liked too,the fact of use McDohl in the party of Suikoden 2.My McDohl is one of the best characters I've used.(In suikoden 2)

the suikodens of ps2 are more "hard" to play,because I think the monsters and villains are more difficult then Suikoden 1 and 2.

Now it's just wait to see if Suikoden 6 can pass Suikoden 2 as the best game...

Well...The story of Suikoden 6 can be 3 years of Suikoden 2 ending.

I want to see Riou as secret character,hehehe :*laugh*:

Well...

and sorry by the bad english because i'm not from the countries who use english as main language...

like Fu Tan Chen says good bye :

BUH-BYE! :)

RH : Fierce Tiger

I have a training to complete...
and friends to help...
So,Master I won't let me down!!
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me?

First place: Suikoden 2
Second place: Suikoden 5
Third place: Suikoden 1
Fourth place: Suikoden 3
last but not least: Suikoden 4 and Tactics.
Wolfheart

Midnight Howl

39338 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, it's a vote of nostalgia, probably. I threw my chips for Suikoden 1...

Okay, the game is not as rich as the others, but this simplicity, this freshness is something I like. Better a few mini-games than loads of uninteresting ones...
I'm not saying I enjoyed playing Marco's cups for hours, but it serves its purpose in the beginning of the game :D

Okay, the graphics are not as brilliant as in the following games. But it suits the story just fine.

It was the first Suikoden I played, the one taht made me fall in love with the series, so my opinion is probably biased. But I love the feeling of this game.
The way you start low, but never lose your humanity after that. The way you make friends...
I have a soft spot for Suikoden 1, that's true. Although I agree that 2 and 5's storyline were far more fleshed out, 3 brought up interesting new concepts like the ability learning system, or making the main characters others guys than the Tenkai. It was daring but I enjoyed it.

And I don't hate 4 either. Although it has many flaws, I enjoyed my trip on the southern seas as well.

In Potch We Trust
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 is arguably the best technically, I mean pretty much everything it did was flawless and even the flaws were amusing - things like the people that ask you to pay them for information, then talk a whole load of nonsense - comedic gold however unintentional it was.

My vote however went to Suikoden 3. The reason for this is pretty much the protaganists - I did really like seeing protaganists in a Suikoden world that weren't the silent types and actually had personalities and interacted of their own accord. It added a lot to the game and is the reason I chose that as my favourite.

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote goes for Suikoden 3. One thing I absolutely love about any RPG is the characters, and this game had the best cast IMO. More characters had to do with the story than in the other games, and the heroes actually had some personality. The trinity site system was also brilliant, as it added further depth to the story in a way that didn't seem forced. (If the game was purely from say Hugo's point of view, it'd be a long story explaining what the hell Geddoe and Chris had been up to.) Not to mention the bonus story for getting all 108.

Another thing that was nice about it was that it took a much different turn than the other games. It starts out like the others with some kind of war, then completely turns around into something else. The rune spell graphics were also spectacular in this game :P

The Hope At Feathers...

11340 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked all the Suikoden games I played...
Thanks for my brother for showing me 2 of them.(Suikoden 3 and 5)
I liked all.
I played only 1,2,3,5.
But the best it's only one,right?
like my brother was saying (his name here is Hikoichi)
The best is Suikoden 2.
If Suikoden 3 had a different map,It was a good favor for the game.
Because when I was playing Suikoden 3,I was hoping to find Viki more fast possible.
Because crossing plains and forest all the time.To go recruit,find and return to Budehuc...
Suikoden 2 showed the best game of the serie.
I'm hoping Konami make a remake of this game...and make a remake of Suikoden 1 too.

Saved at the war,by Fang Fei...
Now I remember of my lost memories...
Helping my brother at the dojo,
I won't let anyone destroy the dreams of the sons of Fang Fei.
Yitan

22146 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say Suikoden II is the best: Great storyline, great characters, great music.... everything in this game is GREAT.

Not so far of Suikoden II would be Suikoden III and then Suikoden V. But I love all Suikoden games... yeah, even the IV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: