Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Do the 108 Stars of Destiny even know they are stars of destiny?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why wouldn't they know they were the stars of destiny if there was a giant stone tablet with the names of each star on it, with each character you recruit directly underneath each stars name.

Unless the hero is the only one who can read it or something like that.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though they are able to read this tablet, I doubt most of the stars would take the time or even care. My guess would be that the only ones actively aware of the stars would be Leknaat, Luc, Fukien, Crowley (possibly), the Alma Kinan prophets, Sarah, Eresh, Zerase, Jeane, Viki (if she is truely aware of anything), and perhaps the various true rune bearers. I'm sure there are more, but as far as we've seen (not including IV/T, I don't follow these well) these are the only ones who have shown any notice of the flow of the world or a potential to have some kind of major connection to such.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The idea of the stars of destiny reading the tablet isn't really feasible I think, mainly because the tablet is only for the player and thus is only for gameplay purposes, yes we see Luc or Zerase showing us the tablet, but they are one of the few characters that seem to understand something about the stars of destiny. There are True Rune bearers that have no clue at all about the tablet and what it means, such as Ted, Viktor (with the Zodiac Sword), Edge, The Flame Champion, Chris Lightfellow, Geddoe and more I suppose. Having a True Rune doesn't give them access to pools of information necessarily, I'd even go so far as to say the Tenkai has no idea what's going on, only the player.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Uji ;). I think the tablet had writings that other players don't understand because if they did, they would've said something like that they are the star of blah or something like that. Yup, I think the tablet was only for gameplay purposes ;).
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And then, of course, there are characters who have little significance who know about the 108 Stars. I mean, Estella, who isn't even an important character knows about the 108 Stars. In fact, she decided to look for a 109th Star. Kinda random, but that's how it is.
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LordKratos wrote:
Why wouldn't they know they were the stars of destiny if there was a giant stone tablet with the names of each star on it, with each character you recruit directly underneath each stars name.

Unless the hero is the only one who can read it or something like that.

They think it is a membership board??? Like maybe they it is proof that they live there???? Just throwing a few possible reasons out there. Not sure if they are accurate. My thing is that nobody is surprised when Leknaat appears and talks about gathering the 108 stars, You would think that someone would be like : "What the hell was the 108 stars about?" But it is a fantasy world and they cannot explain everything, it makes things no fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've always figured that everyone has a Star of Destiny and that most people have no clue what it is, which star they belong to and that there even is something to know. Estrella could easily have read about the whole concept in book and just gone "Only 108 stars?! Preposterous! I shall find the 109th". Yeah whatever...
Anyway, for every Gathering of the Stars one belonging to each star in chosen. By whom or what or how it works is something that could be very interesting and very difficult to speculate about, but they are. So while it might be annoying if random soldier #1068 learns the his star is Chima and that his potential position as a Star of Destiny was stolen by a doggie, he still has a star. And I kinda doubt that most understand what role the 108 Stars play in the greater whole.

But I might be wrong, this is just how I've figured it. And maybe I'm just stating the obvious here... Yeah...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: