Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New story Concept.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
You'd preffer an uglier Suikoden on a handheld? There are still 2d sprited games on the PS2 like UNlimited SaGa and all those Nippon Ichi games, so I really dont see why going 2d would require them to go to a handheld.

Quote:
I was reffering to the uglyness of handheld games, not 2d. You'd know that if you read more than one line before preparing your little speach.

I don't understand what people make reacting the way you just did, ryanwh. Without authority, but the best intentions I ask you to stop writing in such an offensive way. Furthermore, I agree with Bright Shield Rune bearer that your sentence sounded like you wanted to say "one do not need a handheld to see ugly graphics, because there are 2d games on PS2 too.
Hence I ask you to rethink your reaction and to be aware that people might misunderstand each other, especially when the conversation is text based only and some people might have a different native language. Thank you.

The Fool
ryanwh

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well then you need a better grasp on the language, because I clearly didnt say that. Take your own advice.
Carbunc

Crimson Bricade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How'd this thread turn into a graphics discussion?

Anyways I think following a segment of a true rune bearers life story would be pretty interesting as long as he's not doing something idle like hiding out the whole story. Or better yet he's trying to hide out but people keep pursuing him (Like windy with Tir or something similar) etc etc. you just have to have to right development and an open mind to what a true rune bearer would have to go through. you could also start the story with him just recieving the rune this way he's not uber powerful to begin with. And do cutscenes to summarize years between periods of inactivity or to provide a short way to describe a lengthy life.

I also think that being able to choose sides would be cool--like if in suiko 2 you were able to choose between Highland or Jowston. Or even having two nations go against each other in a massive conflict. Maybe two of the established nations so that they would already have half of their own stars of destiny established depending on the time period. Or even making the 2 nations heros compete for the starts of destiny.

These are both ideas that show promise--they just require a lot of work and different thinking than what Konami is prone to do, I'm actually kind of getting tired of the whole civil war thing. Not that I don't love the games, but it's kind of getting a recycled feel to it.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there ANY way to contact Konami, or send them our ideas... i have someting huge going on my mind. I belive it could be game that would please fans and new commoners to Suikoden series.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An effective way or just a way to contact them. There is always email or even a letter if you are feeling old school. I suppose that you could call them as well. Those ideas probably wouldn't be effective though.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not asying that they would take my story right away. But I belive there's a chance... So if anybody knows how, or where to find Konami's e-mail adress. I'm not into japaneese :*laugh*: .
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heres my story concept.

1) The hero is to come from a village of magic users which in turn should have high magic stats and lower strength stats.

2) The heros friend is to be equipped with the true rune at the start of the game while the hero is to be equipped with a non true rune for the majority of the game.

3) Near the end of the game (right before the final dungeon or somthing) the heros friend dies and the true rune gets passed on to the hero. By that time the hero would have high magic levels and can use all spells on the true rune.

Man this is hard, thats all i can come up with so far.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like the idea of Suikoden being a bit more like a Western RPG. As the main character, you choose what you do in the story, or what side to join. Kind of like Knights of the Old Republic. It'd probably be a turn off to most though. :cry:

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

has there ever been a rune that assumes human form? maybe you can play that? insted of no true runes, you -are a true rune- learning, growing. maybe it like has some weakness and has learn again. like a phoenx's rebirth or somthing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that would be an interesting idea, kuwaizair.

How about a story based on the Night rune? :P

retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see a story where the focus wasn't two countries warring but perhaps one country exploring unknown territory (say, a frozen wasteland) in search of, i dont know, rune somethings, and coming accross a new race of undiscovered yetis that become outraged and start guerrilla warfare agaisnt the explorers. somethign to that effect, I'd like to see a suikoden where it wasn't necessarily a political war, and against something that no one in the world is used to fighting. new terrain, new ideas, sounds good to me.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that seems good to retrospect, your idea sounds like what alomst would happen on this forum.

as for new storie ideas without a country in war, you need to try to be on your character's side. Playing the hero and his country invades and conqures dosen't look good, but being the victem of an invasion and driving them off yeh, or being in a civil war, being the 'victem' is one thing, but being on the side who's beating people up isn't, unless they were courrupt.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: