Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suggestions, and Rune Slots.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sana

Acolytes of Chisha

6534 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Suggestions, and Rune Slots. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I am near the end of the game (I'm guessing, but I'm 100% positive seeing as I have all 108 stars.) Anyways, I really only have two proposed characters I'm 100% positive on using. Hero and Kate. Seeing as she has pretty good attack, three rune slots and pretty good magic. Anyways, any suggestions? I'd prefer people with 3 rune slots, so does anyone know who gets them. I know a lot of the mages do, but I'm hoping that there's a couple of fighters who also have 3 rune slots. Thanks for any advice/help.
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Instead of Katye you should use jeane and equip her with Mother Earth Rune.Kenneth also has 3 slots,but he is not that strong.Anyways you dont need 3rune slots,if you equip Ted with a Water Rune you should be okay.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Sana

Acolytes of Chisha

6534 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like Jeane, too weak as a physical attacker. I know I don'et need three rune slots, I'd just prefer it.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used Millay for the Flowing rune and Ted for the Mother Earth. With them it was a pretty easy battle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My setup was:

Hero: Double Strike, Violence
Ted: Flowing and Mother Earth
Jeane: Rage and Thunder
Snowe: Double Strike, Fury

I dominated.
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game doesn't work like the last two games with rune slots, there is no set number. It is only based on the MGC stat of the character. Anyone who gets to 121 MGC will get the third rune slot. Thus it is harder for fighters to have three rune slots in this game. Ameria, Helmut, and Selma will come pretty close when their levels get into the 50s, so they are possibilities.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Frederica actually has a higher magic than Ameria did in my game; she definately had all three Rune Slots by the end, with a magic of 128 at level 57. Helmut had 120 magic at level 57, so if I'd developed him just a bit more he should have gotten it. At level 56, Ameria had 118, so she wasn't -that- far off. Eugene also came close, but of course one of his Runes is permanently wasted; still, he did have 119 magic at only level 52.

Course, these numbers can vary, can't they, from game to game? Still, there was a pretty significant difference between Ameria and Frederica, so I'd put the safer bet with her.

Hope that helps. And Kornholio, thanks for that number; didn't know where the cutoff was until you said it :)
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
Hope that helps. And Kornholio, thanks for that number; didn't know where the cutoff was until you said it :)

Indeed that helps alot, I did not know the number either. thanks

:plots:

Oh, and in additon to using Kate since you are set on her, I suggest adding Ted since he is the best rune wise, and not to shabby at attacks either. He has 3 rune slots. I am sure that is an obvious one though.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rita has a decent attack and Rune slots. A whole lot more of the characters in this game have them (3 rune slots) than in the previous two for reasons stated above (based on magic stat). Does anyone know if there's some sort of special order that the slots are gained in? I know it's not as important here as in other game (gate goes on head, why do I always forget?), but it is something interseting none the less.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would prefer to use Jeane and Ted, if you're not going to use Snowe.

Their magic rocks, because Jeane has high affinity with Earth and Lightning Runes and Ted with Earth Runes.
Culgan1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used

Hero: Rune of Punishment,Rage Rune
Ted: Soul Eater, Flowing Rune
Helmut:Cyclone Rune, Double Strike Rune
Warlock: Mother Earth Rune, Flowing Rune, Thunder Rune
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine wrote:
. Does anyone know if there's some sort of special order that the slots are gained in? I know it's not as important here as in other game (gate goes on head, why do I always forget?), but it is something interseting none the less.

Well, the order gets messed up if the character has a special rune that is permanently equipped. But for a regular character with no preexisting runes, it should go RH-LH-H, if I'm not mistaken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: