Suikoden Urgent and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II Clip/Movie (Massive Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cutie_bunnie

The Peach Mountain Shoguns

285404 Potch
0 Soldiers
27500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

pure magnificence.... a great scene done to great music bringing back great memories..... *tear, tear* I think I'll go play Suiko II now.....

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great work on the clip, I did some of the recordings of suikoden games moments myself that I have on my PC and I'd be happy to share them with everyone. I know I recorded futch and black's last moments, the night before the invasion of Shasarazade, and the confrontation with tir ted and windy, also I think I'm in range to get the last scene in the prison escape(hint) and the gather of the 108 stars with the return of gremio. Plus I have also recorded the first chapter of GensoSuikogaiden Vol.1 in 2 ways in its entirety, but those are about 50 min long and 800 MB each and I think to share that might violate some kind of copyright law since it's 1/4 of an entire game. I don't have a website to post them myself but if anyone know what the best way to share them with you guys is I'd be happy to do so.
Viktor

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's EXACTLY what the new Suikodens are missing! You ever see those quality scenes in Suikoden 4? No, it just doesn't happen.
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was soooo~ great!

I love you, Rocky, for bringing back so many memories about Suikoden II for me.

Thankies all around! :wink:
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lil off topic, but does anyone know of a free video hosting website that I can post a approx 27 MB video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saddest moment in the game. *sheds a tear* It's so sad. I never actually saved Nanami. I never got the perfect ending.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kudos to you Rocky. This was a wonderful first video, and I hope you make many more in the future. Truly, this was a melancholy masterpiece. I clearly remember crying the first time I got to this point in the game. It was the same way with the Gremio scenes (both death and rebirth). Sure, I found Nanami/Gremio annoying at times, because they'd screw up my party management at times (mostly with Gremio, unless I had Pahn in the party too XD), but I never wanted them to die. Their deaths had a profound impact on my experience, something that never quite transfered well into 3D. I never felt really sad when Jimba died, or even when Lulu died; it just lacked something. I didn't really feel that sad when Luc died either, but that was just because I thought he was a little punk. (damn good magician, but a punk neverless XD)

But I digress...Mad props for bringing back the memories. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes i will also sing the praises of a nice clip. It brought back a good memory and was nice to see again since i haven't played Suikoden II in quite some time. Originally when all that happened my first thought was, who the hell is going to fill Nanami's spot in my final battle party, since she was one of my characters with the highest level. I of course eventually found out that i wouldn't have used her anyway so it wasn't that bad. I thought it was funny because i cared little that they had killed off riou's sister, but cared more for the gaping hole in my party.

This leads me to another thought. How hard of a Battle would it have been if you were forced to battle Jowy at that point. I am not talking about a duel, but rather a regular battle, but one on one. What if Nanami had stepped aside and Jowy and riou went at it. I think at the time it would have been terribly hard. If you look at the Black Sword Rune's power at the time, defending against his attacks would have been very difficult and i believe Jowy would win. Of course if this had been the case the game would have been structured differently so it could be more logical, but an interesting matchup at this point in the game nonetheless.

Kinda off topic but it came to mind while watching the clip and i couldn't resist throwing it out there. Oh yea and Jowy with that sword just never looked right to me. That's it.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarosa Rugner wrote:
This leads me to another thought. How hard of a Battle would it have been if you were forced to battle Jowy at that point. I am not talking about a duel, but rather a regular battle, but one on one. What if Nanami had stepped aside and Jowy and riou went at it. I think at the time it would have been terribly hard. If you look at the Black Sword Rune's power at the time, defending against his attacks would have been very difficult and i believe Jowy would win. Of course if this had been the case the game would have been structured differently so it could be more logical, but an interesting matchup at this point in the game nonetheless.

Not to mention the One-Turn-Kill he could have done with the last spell of the Black Sword Rune.

Barbarosa Rugner wrote:
Kinda off topic but it came to mind while watching the clip and i couldn't resist throwing it out there. Oh yea and Jowy with that sword just never looked right to me. That's it.

Me neither. He looks better with his staff.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OptimisticPessimist wrote:
Me neither. He looks better with his staff.

Agreed. A sword does not befit Jowy in the least.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah the memories! Great job Rocky. That makes me want to go and play Suikoden II all over again.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice one Rocky. I have to say that that was incredibly beautiful.

Of course the Gremio death scene was infinitely better but...hey, what are you gonna do?

Lulu's death scene didn't have the same emotion. That's why 2D RPGs are, for the most part, superior to 3D RPGs.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Rocky for bringing back that really touching moment. :cry:

The Gremio death was very touching too but i have to say Nanami dieing was more touching.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: