Suikoden United and Inspirational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Next Tenkai weapon?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

k4in wrote:
i oppose that. tenkai should have short or mid type of weapon. if tenkai use the long range weapon, i dunno what gonna be at duel. i gonna be one side fight(someone already remind that). stick of the mid/short range weapon and also blunt weapon.

maybe he could have a small dagger for duels or something

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rai-Jin wrote:
maybe he could have a small dagger for duels or something

Konami has done this for Watari. He used a katana in his duel against Ayame (which is his one and only duel in the game), while he used shurikens in normal battles.

Although it's a good idea for ranged weapon users, I think it's rather strange for a character to switch weapons depending on which kind of battle he is in. For example, I found it extremely odd to see Watari draw his katana in normal battles when he really doesn't use it to attack enemies. Another example is Hugo (Suikoden III). He has a second dagger, yet he never used it. Not even once.

Unless the character uses both weapons in all the battles he is in, or if the character has many duels to participate in, I think he should stick to one kind of weapon, or else it would look very odd.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see the Hero of Suikoden 6 to have a spear or an axe to try and stay away from the obvious sword weapon that most RPG game characters all seem to have. If the setting of Suikoden 6 should be held in the New Armes Region then the Tenkai should have a spear mainly because most of the Stars of Destiny from Armes in the previous Suikoden used spears, and i also think it will look good cause there has not been any Tenkai spear users in previous Suikoden games (To my knowledge). However if the setting of Suikoden 6 were to be in any other land than i would suggest the Axe for his weapon.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An lance user really sounds great.

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just hope he has a better attack animation than HeroV :>

I'm actually partial to staffs and such myself, but this isn't an important matter for me.
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I don't really mind main characters with swords... I liked Lazlo's whole dual sword schtick. =x

I think different types of blades would be really interesting, instead of the usual longsword/shortsword, though. Maybe a khopesh, a spear, or a pole axe? A tenkai with daggers would be cool too.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the hero with like a huge two-handed sword or axe would be so cool, and a spear would be awesome, although I'm leaning more toward the Two-hnaded axe because you really don't see that many Suikoden with awesome giant axes.

Last edited by LordKratos on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe there should be a magic-user as a tenkai next? The previous ones were all "melee-types" and used melee-type weapons if ya know what I mean
A mage type tenkai could be interesting =O

But personally though...I'm hoping for something like Sanae Y's / Yoshino's staff-like weapon(sorry don't know what it's called) that could cast magic or claws (heheheheh)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the tenkai's are always magically adept, they don't really need a mage like weapon. That's why they have really cool weapons... To make up for their very feminine looks. Although I don't know why everyone think the heroes look feminine the only who I ever thought looked like a girl was the hero of Suikoden 5.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the feminine factor comes from them all being skinny young teenagers, arguably none of them look like girls, but then again they're not that masculine.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I´d like

-Martial arts
-Katana/ Ninjasword combo
-Boomerang :D (only for female tenkai)
-Nunchuk

or just something new or uncommon
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone suggested the use of those 9-section chinese chain whips? OMG they are awesome, I've seen them in action when I was watching a documentary in the National Geographic channel. Not only are they deadly, it was also said that these things are hard to master.

It uses spinning as the main attack, so duels with this thing would look amazing.

Whip in action.

Dual wield. LOL
He starts dual wielding at around 00:48

Dual wield 2. Slow-mo goodness
The slow motion scenes looked amazing. :P

Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a Bow-using tenkai would be nice... L-range for a change.
redxa3

Valence Turmeil

363113 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe a weapon wielded by the LordPartisans of dot hack G.U.

A lance would obviously be nice

Valence Turmeil
The Protectors of the Crimson Deep
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or some kind of pole-arm sword or a a spear sort of weapon with two sword blades coming out of the ends, that would be cool, and it bet it wouln't look half bad in duels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21

Jump to: