Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Law...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Child Bearing Licenses - In order to have a child you must apply for a child bearing license. Children will only be born by those who can support the child. A couple must apply to have a child before impregnation. If they together have a clean bill of health (No AIDS/HIV or any drugs in their system etc.) as well as a financial stability, a license for 1 child will be granted. Marriage isn't even a must, but it is a huge help. It is illegal for a doctor to deliver a baby to parents without the license. Pregnancies without a valid license will be terminated at the mother's expense, regardless of trimester. Children born without license are raised by an institution to be human slaves for the government and to be used as military soldiers if need be. Mothers who bear children wothout license will be incarcerated in a facility for 1 year. Repeat offenders will be given Tubal Ligation.

I disagree with this on so many levels. Never mind the fact that it basically advocates a return of slavery and abortion. 1) it would be pretty expensive to maintain such a program. 2) who are we to judge would is capable of rasing there kids properly. I mean just becouse your middle class does not mean you will be able to raise your child to be an upstanding citizen. The same goes for those who are poor. Just becouse you are poor does not neccesarily mean you can't/wont be able to raise your kids properly. 3) The blatant disregard for civil rights. 4) This policy borders on eugenics and genocide. 5) If such a policy were ever implemented worldwide you can bet half the entire world would not be able to have kids.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lol although I agree being pregnant should have some sort of licensing system. I do afree that some of Moon Knights law are boarderline..........hmmmm whats that word, oh yeah! Insane. Blatant and abortion and slavery are clearly moreally incorrect however:

If you have to get a license to drive a car, then why should the power to simply have and raise human being just be handed out to anyone who gets pregnant. I mean if you wanna adopt they just dont hand them over there is a serious process to go through and I think something simular should be applied to having children of your own.

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Becouse unlike owning a car having kids is an intrinsic right people have. People have an intrinsic right to try and secure there future and to some people kids are a garrantee to the future. Kids are also a motivational factor for some people. Kids bring value to there lives and if they somehow lost this ability they would be mortified.

Apart from those reason i stated there are also alot of social and economic consequences if a policy like this were to be implemented.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar wrote:
You do realize that some teens work while in school right? It is a very impractical law and, to tell the truth, makes no sense in any regard to human rights or anything of that nature.

Not in my society. From the ages 5-18 all children/young adults only perrogative is to get their high school diploma. And it won't be the watered down crap tests that the USA has either, I'm talking a real diploma that readies you for the world.

How does making it illegal for non-educated people infringing on their rights? I think its an infringement on my rights when some dipshit with a 78 IQ can't even take my burger order at McDonald's without screwing it up. Its my right to be able to deal with properly educated people when I'm paying for a product or service. Just because you're lazy and don't feel like going through school doesn't mean you deserve the same treatment as those who work their asses off to get their diplomas. My society has a rewards program. The better you are of a human being, the more freedoms you recieve.

Rune hunter wrote:
I disagree with this on so many levels. Never mind the fact that it basically advocates a return of slavery and abortion. 1) it would be pretty expensive to maintain such a program. 2) who are we to judge would is capable of rasing there kids properly. I mean just becouse your middle class does not mean you will be able to raise your child to be an upstanding citizen. The same goes for those who are poor. Just becouse you are poor does not neccesarily mean you can't/wont be able to raise your kids properly. 3) The blatant disregard for civil rights. 4) This policy borders on eugenics and genocide. 5) If such a policy were ever implemented worldwide you can bet half the entire world would not be able to have kids.

I used the term slave loosely. I don't mean they'll be whipped by their slavemasters and treated like dogs (not that anyone treats dogs badly anymore, its just the phrase). Children who are born without liscences will be placed in a Governmental facility where they will be raised to be civil minded soldiers. They will do labor for their food and board. Its a simple system.

1.) Yes, it'd be costly, however my system of government is far from what is established in America or most countries, its basically a totalitarian state. Taxation, which would be quite complex to describe here, would be a lot higher because the citizens are basically paying for their safety and higher standards of living.

2.) Who are we to judge who can make children? The government, thats who. The same people who decide whether you are capable of owning a gun (well, not in my society at least, heh) or driving a car. I never said people with lower incomes wouldn't be able to have children. Allow me to elaborate on this a bit. If you are a low income couple, and you want to have a child, you apply like any other income classed family. You pass your physical and prove you've had steady income for over 8 months. You show proof of your education and chances are you will be granted to have your child. However, next time you try, if your income has not raised, you will most likely be denied because you arleady have 1 mouth to feed and clothe so, it would be unfair to comprimise the financial situation and allow a second child into a family that can not financially support more than one kid. This is where the advantage of higher paying jobs do come into play. However this ties in with my education program. If everyone who has a job is at least high school educated, they have a higher ceiling of what types of jobs they can do.

3.) Civil rights? Who defines what our civil rights are? The constitution? A group of people sitting at some table in Washington? I beleive that a person has few civil rights and freedoms must be earned. Child bearing is a far greater responsibility that driving a car or getting a job. It shouldn't be allowed to happen as frequently as it does. Because any idiot can have kids our society has dumbed itself down to the idiotic standards of the lower class who has mainly overbred. If you watch the first 5 minutes of the movie "Idiocracy" you'll see what I mean. That was a brilliant explaination of it all.

4.) Genocide is the killing of an entire type of people. Since no people are being murdered, there's no genocide. Abortion is not illegal in my society, therefor no wrong is being done, if you disagree, oh well. Thats a whole other issue that really has no place here. This topic is about what laws I would make, and I would make this law. If you oppose it, thats fine, but in my society, I'm killing unborn fetuses. Eugenics.. not really. Sure my society is forced to be smarter when they enter school, but I'm not genetically breeding them to have certain traits or weed out any impurities. There will still be diseases that are heredically passed on. I'm just denying certain ones like AIDS/HIV and Hepatitis. I'm not going to say "Ma'am you're a carrier of the Cerebral Palsy gene, I'm not allowing you to bear children." No Eugenics is being performed.

5.) If a policy like this was made worldwide, you'd see the world population decrease over time, which if you look at hard facts, needs to happen anyway, so this law actually does the planet justice and society a huge favor. Reource consumption would decrease, allowing for more to be done with what we have left. Eventually the population levels would restabilize at a certain rate and all would again be fine.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
totalitarian state

The moment you called your form of government a "totalitarian state" is the moment I realize this policy is TOTALLY INSANE. And i can't believe so many here would agree to such a policy.

Quote:
Genocide is the killing of an entire type of people.

Wrong! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide

Genocide is the mass killing of a group of people as defined by Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; and forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

That basically states a policy of total birth prevention and attempts to forcibly take children and raise children into soldiers is a form of genocide.

Quote:
I'm just denying certain ones like AIDS/HIV and Hepatitis.

That is the very definition of eugenics. Your "trying" to actual weed out certain traits(negative traits but still traits) in an attempt to create a healthier society. The goals are noble but the method is not. Also disregarding the fact that HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis are treatable and that there are methods that would give a high success of allowing people with these deseases to successfully have kids that do not inherit the desease people with such problems could still contribute to the society *looks at Stephen Hawking*

Quote:
Reource consumption would decrease, allowing for more to be done with what we have left. Eventually the population levels would restabilize at a certain rate and all would again be fine.

It would decrease resouce consumption but not by much. Considering the very poor of society does not use as much resources as say a middle class or upper class citizen I highly doubt such a policy would have a considerable effect on resouce consumption. You also have to account for the fact that the poor are producers of goods as much as they are consumers of goods and a radical change of population structure could have devastating short and long term economic, social and political effects.
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the media says that crime is on the rise here in America, but truth be told crime ratings have actually gone down, And you know how it seems like there is more kidnappings but actually the only reason it seems like that is because kidnappings are more talked about within the media then used to be, just another way the media wants to scare us all to death.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
Disclaimer: I realize that my views are the minority. I realize I am overly harsh. I realize that my laws won't happen.

May I direct your attention to this Rune hunter. You seem to have picked through my words and chose to attack my views, yet you failed to mention that I do realize my actions are indeed harsh.

It is my belief that drastic measures will better society far more than being "humanitarian" to people's feelings and need. Instead of catering to what some think are our "basic rights" I believe that we should be bettering our own existence as human beings. By saying its anyone's right to have kids regardless of their ability and stability, you're basically okaying crackhead mothers and dead beat dads for the sake of "human rights". It is my belief that a proper society should have set laws about how people are to act. If you do not share that belief, then that is fine. Like I said in my disclaimer, I'm positive my views will never be placed into law. I do not need you to come waving your riteous finger at me to tell me so.

And by the people of Suikox reading my laws and agreeing with me, it shows that I am not as much in the minority as I thought, and that many level headed individuals feel that in one way or another I am correct. Some have said they have a discrepancy with one part or another but in general something does need to be done in terms of population control.

As far as what you constitute as Genocide and what I see as a neccessary measure for the beterment of society, we definitely differ. You see the glass half empty, while I see it as a refreshing drink. In essence you see my plan as a problem where I see it as a solution. I wouldn't consider my plan on the par with that of Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Robert Mugabe or anything like that. Besides, if people obey the law and plan their pregnancies with the use of licenses there won't be the need for abortions. You are pinpointing the hardest part of the plan and saying it can't be done because of it, when if society takes responsibility for itself, it will not be a problem at all. Nobody will die if proper measures are taken.

Besides, tell me what National, ethnic, racial or religious group am I eliminating with my "genocide"? In order for it to be genocide, it has to be on a specific type in those limits. Your Wiki definition says that I have to impose measures intended to prevent births within the group. What group? Humans? What group and I transferring to another? Your point of my plan being genocide is highly flawed. If no group is being penalized more than any other, it is not genocide, just population control. Putting kids forcibly into military programs.. Hmm, that was once called the Draft. So don't go shoving that one at me. And last I checked, the draft is still a legality the U.S. can and will use if needed.

Onto the "poor people use less resources than middle and upper class" argument. Tell me, who uses more resources? Some unemployed impoverished man sitting at home watching TV with his 4 kids running around while his wife struggles to keep them all fed or a middle class couple who works from 9-5 while their 1 child attends school? Seems to me like Mr. Poverty is wasting more electricity and government welfare funds than the middle class family who earns their own wages and uses less food resources. Let me redefine resources for you. Resources is defined by commodities and human resources used in the production of goods and services. This means food, money and manpower. The lower poverty level class does use more of our resources than the upper classes in ratio. Much of the taxes that people pay go to supporting the lower class who is largely uneducated and overpopulated. This is my solution for that.

I realize there will always be a lower class, but at least my lower class will be educated and able to climb up and do more, unlike our current lower class. Right now, if you have no diploma you can't get a better paying job that Wal*Mart or McDonald's unless you get really lucky. With my plan even the lower class can take on secretarial positions, labor positions, trade labor (barber, butcher, cobbler etc.) and other work. Places like Wal*Mart, McDonalds and other low-income jobs will no longer be "career opportunities" but rely on students in college who need cash for the menial labor. Of course managerial positions could become a career. If you can ensure that even cashiers and box boys are high school graduates, you're going to see a lot less mistakes in the workplace, which cuts down on costs to the companies.

Its a big change if it were to ever happen, but like my disclaimer does say, It won't ever happen, but it is nice to dream.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:
1. Child Bearing Licenses - In order to have a child you must apply for a child bearing license. Children will only be born by those who can support the child. A couple must apply to have a child before impregnation. If they together have a clean bill of health (No AIDS/HIV or any drugs in their system etc.) as well as a financial stability, a license for 1 child will be granted. Marriage isn't even a must, but it is a huge help. It is illegal for a doctor to deliver a baby to parents without the license. Pregnancies without a valid license will be terminated at the mother's expense, regardless of trimester. Children born without license are raised by an institution to be human slaves for the government and to be used as military soldiers if need be. Mothers who bear children wothout license will be incarcerated in a facility for 1 year. Repeat offenders will be given Tubal Ligation.

I have been advocating licenses such as these for a long time. People who have children without being able to support them financially and emotionally (or whose genes are frankly too terrible to deserve propagation) are being socially irresponsible and their children shouldn't suffer as a result. I will say, however, that I believe Moon Knight's suggestion is far too harsh. First, I don't see why doctors shouldn't be able to deliver unlicensed kids, since a birth without a doctor present would of course be more likely to have complications. I don't think there is a need for all illicit pregnancies to be terminated, at least in a hypothetical utopia where overpopulation isn't an issue and the government or society can provide for the children. But by far the worst provision is the enslavement of the unlicensed children. This is unbelievably cruel and is just totally unnecessary. The whole point of these child-bearing laws, I believe, should be to help the children, not to provide a convenient sub-human caste for society.

For the same reason I object to Moon's education law, although I do believe education should be more forcefully pushed by the government.

Quote:
How does making it illegal for non-educated people infringing on their rights? I think its an infringement on my rights when some dipshit with a 78 IQ can't even take my burger order at McDonald's without screwing it up.

I'm not so sure that education would solve the IQ problem. If you want innately smarter people, you're probably better off with authentic eugenics, which your child-bearing restrictions do come close to. As you point out, your program might not try to eradicate all bad genes, but it certainly does try to improve the gene pool as a whole. At the very least, it would have that effect.

Quote:
4. Sentence Extentions - Criminals will serve much harsher penalties. Even for petty crimes, offenders will serve jail time. If you do a harder crime, jail time will be excessive. What was once a 3-5 year sentence will now be a 10-15 year sentence. By extending the harshness of the penalty, it will deter anyone from trying to do illegal activities. After criminals are released from prison, they will forever be on Probation where they will be supervised by a probation officer to keep him/her in check. Their homes can and will be checked periodically for illegal substances and items without warning.

I disagree with this, firstly because I am not totally convinced that harsher penalties lead systematically to less crimes, and secondly because I don't think that anyone "deserves" to be punished in the sense most people use the word, especially not draconian punishments such as this. A person might have done a wrong, but hurting them in return doesn't really solve anything. Two wrongs do not make a right. Therefore, I'd try to make the justice system focused on rehabilitation rather than retribution. I don't know enough of the relevant facts to know how to do this precisely, but if I were in a law-making position I would commission a group of experts to figure that part out.

Quote:
May I direct your attention to this Rune hunter. You seem to have picked through my words and chose to attack my views, yet you failed to mention that I do realize my actions are indeed harsh.

Well, obviously your views are harsh; that's precisely why Rune hunter disagrees with them. Unless you're saying that the disclaimer was to say that you don't actually agree with what you're arguing for here (that is, your policies are too harsh), which, I take it, you did not mean, Rune hunter has every right to express his disagreement with you.

I basically agree with all the points Thor McOdin made, particularly the legalization of marijuana. I can see no good reason why this drug should be illegal, and in the absence of any such reason it should be available as a legal recreation like any other. Legalizing pot would also do a lot of good. As well as reducing the number of drug-related crimes, as Amyral pointed out, the money that the United States spends prosecuting pot-using "criminals" could be put to better uses. I'm not sure about legalizing some other drugs, since some actually do have more harmful effects on society, but marijuana should definitely be legalized.

I'd also institute an increase in fuel economy standards for automobiles. The U.S., one of the countries whose people drive the most, has lower standards in this area than other comparable countries. The result is increased contribution to climate change and more money spent on gasoline. The response to this might be that it would hinder the economy; I'm not sure if that's true or not, but even if it is I consider the sacrifice worth it to slow down global warming, unless it could be demonstrated that the damage to the economy would be ludicrously large.

Furthermore, I would legalize prostitution. Like pot use, I see this as a consensual crime the criminalization of which is unjustified. I don't see anything particularly wrong with the profession, so long as health precautions are taken. A number of European countries have legalized prostitution and they don't seem to be suffering any particular ills as a result. Of course, one could say that this would encourage people to cheat on their spouses, but adultery isn't illegal (nor should it be), and I don't believe that adultery with a hooker is any worse than adultery with anyone else.

I could go on, but I've already typed a lot and I don't have the time now. Maybe I'll add more later.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:

Not in my society. From the ages 5-18 all children/young adults only perrogative is to get their high school diploma. And it won't be the watered down crap tests that the USA has either, I'm talking a real diploma that readies you for the world.

I would institute the exact opposite if I were to have mandatory schooling. People between the ages of 14 - 18 should be required to have a job in addition to school, and I mean minimum wage, menial labor jobs. Everyone should have to work one to know what's it's like to deal with assholes who think that just because the job isn't rocket science, that there should be no mistakes, despite the fact that they are bound to happen when taking hundreds of orders during a shift. Teenagers should know what it's like to work in the dregs of crappy jobs and crappy hours, instead of how it is now, where it's typically the lower class children who are likely to have jobs, while the high middle/upper class are more likely to not. I agree that every class should be held to the same standard, but I think that standard should be having to work for a living.

In addition, having a job promotes better time management, particularly if they are required to be in school while they are doing it (if I were to institute a similar law, to have a job, it'd require either having a diploma or having proof of being in school). If a kid has to go work 20 hours a week and stay in school, then they would have to learn how to manage their time in better ways.

I also think that forcing people to work the bad jobs will make people want to take try to get a better job far more than education alone will. If you've spent two or three years flipping burgers, you don't want to go back. I know, I did, and I don't.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight wrote:

Besides, tell me what National, ethnic, racial or religious group am I eliminating with my "genocide"? In order for it to be genocide, it has to be on a specific type in those limits. Your Wiki definition says that I have to impose measures intended to prevent births within the group. What group? Humans? What group and I transferring to another? Your point of my plan being genocide is highly flawed. If no group is being penalized more than any other, it is not genocide, just population control. Putting kids forcibly into military programs.. Hmm, that was once called the Draft. So don't go shoving that one at me. And last I checked, the draft is still a legality the U.S. can and will use if needed.

In history we've seen some eugenics attempt to clean up society by eradicating the 'unworthy' one. Yeah, Hitler once use this to swept the Jews which he think 'unworthy'. Eugenics is a slippery slope matter where things can be bad easily.

Beside that, who will have a guarantee by eliminating certain gene will always bring a good things to society. In African there are some society who has certain inherited anemia (sickle blood disease). It's look like a bad thing bad thing but the 'disease' gave them higher immunity to the sleep disease.

You asking for group? Well the group is those people that defined by you to have disease. They may looks like will die soon than the healthier people but it's not necessary means that they have lower rights to live their life than the healthier one. With Caesarian surgery, a mother who has HIV can give birth without transmitting the disease to his child.

Childbearing also is not matter on how money that you have but also about the love and caring. How about if the poor parents can give their children more love and affection than the upper class person who owned child simply to have a heir and never pay attention to the mental and spiritual growth of the child.

Moon Knight wrote:
5.) If a policy like this was made worldwide, you'd see the world population decrease over time, which if you look at hard facts, needs to happen anyway, so this law actually does the planet justice and society a huge favor. Reource consumption would decrease, allowing for more to be done with what we have left. Eventually the population levels would restabilize at a certain rate and all would again be fine.

Unfortunately, most of the poor people live in territory like Africa and Asia and there is some chance that you destroy a lot of members of some races. So go figure. It could be another kind of genocide.

Moon Knight wrote:
Onto the "poor people use less resources than middle and upper class" argument. Tell me, who uses more resources? Some unemployed impoverished man sitting at home watching TV with his 4 kids running around while his wife struggles to keep them all fed or a middle class couple who works from 9-5 while their 1 child attends school? Seems to me like Mr. Poverty is wasting more electricity and government welfare funds than the middle class family who earns their own wages and uses less food resources. Let me redefine resources for you. Resources is defined by commodities and human resources used in the production of goods and services. This means food, money and manpower. The lower poverty level class does use more of our resources than the upper classes in ratio. Much of the taxes that people pay go to supporting the lower class who is largely uneducated and overpopulated. This is my solution for that.

Poor family at Asia and Africa often did not have electricity at all. Some of the poverty are constructed. The poor person in Asia and Africa did not have or if they did have any access it will be hard to get because of the cost to a good education. They want to be educated but the education is hard to get. Some of the aim for tax is to make sure the poor have access to education so in the next generation, their life can be better. Not all smart person came from the rich family anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! Im glad you guys are getting into this. But Moon Knights opinion is just one of many.

I'd still like to hear more of everyones laws. I think we can all agree enslaving unwanted children and killing off unauthorised pregnancies is a perfectly reasonable law and should be put in place immediatly........IN OPPPOSITE WORLD!

Lets hear some more laws.

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moon Knight, I don't agree with some of your views on child birth, which you are fine to have and all. I wouldn't do that, though.

If I ever decided to put any kind of restrictions on people giving birth, I would only restrict convicted felons from giving birth. I mean, criminals can't vote, go out of the country, and some can't even be near a school or playground, depending on what they have done illegaly. So, I think that restricting them from having children would only further add to their punishment that continues to punish them.

I wouldn't put much laws on people, though, which is why I wouldn't try to make this law. The more that's taken away from people, the more they try to do what they can't do. That's how I see it, anyway.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your conflict with the gene pool needing to be narrowed down is solved more by abolishing health care and medicine, and taking the safety guards off of everything. allowing natural selection to take its course and truly benefit the species that has been stagnating and slowly but surely getting dumber.

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euthanasia: it should be a right in everycountry of the world. Of course it should be subjected to some basic cautions like suffering a degenerative, incurable illness and of course something basic: the ill person must be diagnosed to be in his/her right mind.

Abortion: Im a big fan of everywoman deciding about her own body, altough I must confess that an abortion of -for example- 8 months fetus is in my opinion, not in a legal way, just in my opinion, very near to a murder.
In my country its legal to abort (if the woman in case its not in the cases the law types: raping, a fetus with big anomalies,... the only consecuence its that the abotion wont be paid by the state, but for the woman in a private hospital)

Religion: tit shouldnt be taught in school in my opinion. In my country its taught, altough in a very loose way, and the subject is truly easy. But, people in my country, specially the younger have no interst at all in religion, so its mostly a subject used by muslim inmigrants which of course can be taught their own religion. I think religion should be out of school in the 21 century.

Big themes (religion, abortion, euthanasia) right? :*laugh*:
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alot of religion was taught in high school when I was there and Muslim beliefs and Christian beleifs were the main targets. People in Britiam however are losing more and more interest in religion and it has no real impact.

As for euthanasia. I think it should be sorted out in wills before the person is 50 years of age. This can already be done to a certain extent with "do not revive" orders and stuff like that. However there are alot of old people out there that are living lives that I think have "expired" I know this sounds harsh but when you go to nursing homes and retirement facilities there are nurses doing absolutely everything for the people they are caring for and when you approach that stage I think its time to call it a day. Its not natural for someone to live past 100 however if they are relatively active and live their lives with certain normacy then they can live till they are 1000 for all I care but those who end up with nothing but waiting to die, should'nt be kept alive to hold up the moral principles of people who dont know what its like to be in that position. I dont mind saying Im afraid to die but I beleive when I get older I will come to terms with it and accept it but I hope when I die I will have some measure of dignity and giving people the option to die will restore that dignity.

Abortion. Im all for it. I may sound eager but population is completly out of control and banning abortion will result in overwhelmed adoption agencies and a load of un-wanted children with unready and unwilling parents raising them. I have always said that "If you do not approve of abortions. Dont get one!" simple. Its like saying I dont approve of people getting peircings and picketing. This may seem stupid but if enough people did it (who voted at least) greedy politicians feast on that. This is much more serious in America than in England, because of religious beleif. But the view in England is "If abortions are'nt available, teenagers will think before having sex" which I think maybe the most stupid thing Ive ever heard. Who in their right minds seriosly thinks that teenagers are saying to themselves "I could wear a condom or take the pill but an invasive, degrading and bloody procedure like an abortion sounds like alot more fun" Jesus if you honestly think that then I cant even imagine the depths of your stupidity. I just dont see what good will come of banning abortions other than giving aload of self-righteous zealots a reason to stop complaining about stuff that has absolutly nothing to do with them and a few BS poloticians a few lousy votes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: