Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Suikoden Game?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Suikoden Game
12%
 12%  [ 14 ]
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I can't choose
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 109

nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was only a matter of time before someone would ask this question, so I thought I might as well do it. So which one is it?

I think it's the first one. I feel that the second one, while a good game, just seems like a retelling of the first. The thrid was also good, but it was to slow moving in the first half.
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had to go with 3.

While I think 1 and 2, and even the Gaidens work to make it as good as it was, I have to give it to 3 just because it was the longest.

I love every second of the SUikoden games, so by shear fact of 3 requiring the most time, it was by far my favorite.

(Plus it had Futch grown up, with Humphrey's sword, lookin all bad ass.)
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 because that game had the best story in my opinion, my second choice is Suikoden 3.
Pac

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say 2, with 3 not very far behind.

Suiko2 has the best plot out of the three games, IMO. I also enjoy the runes that Jowy and Riou use; I think that the power of those runes and how they tie into the overall story is ingenious. The character art in 2 is also the best in the series, IMO, and I love all of the mini games. Cooking! :)
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 1 i think is the best. Suikoden 2 however comes iwthen a hairs breath of beating it though.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say that I like Suikoden III the best. Despite its flaws (yes, it has many) I prefer it because of the skills system and the characters, both of which are great. I found that a lot of the Grasslanders were far more interesting than the majority of the other characters in the series, but that's probably just me.
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to go with Suikoden II here. It's probably because I played it before Suikoden I which, while still being an excellent game, lacks some of the polish of the second incarnation.

What captured my attention was the idea of recruiting and buliding an army and the castle customizing options. What kept my attention was the gripping storyline with all its emotional thrills. Yes, I was one of those sad people who nearly cried when Nanami 'died'.
Nelm

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this is quite the hard decision. I know that 3 is definately not one of my favorites but the first and second games of the series where just great.

On one hand, you have the first game, automatically it gets a huge favoring because it was the first and was the beginning to what I think is the greatest RPG series ever made. And you have the second game of the series, which is graphically superior.

These games are very similar and I'd love to vote for both, however I can't. Each side has it's ups and downs, however I have to go with Suikoden 1, for the simple fact that without Suikoden 1, there would be no 2, or 3.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to go with S2. They're all so good! But S2 overall is just better in my opinion.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Suikoden 2 the best for the sheer amount of things you can miss if you play the game without thinking.

Despite there being no skill system, the gameplay has a lot more depth and customizability compared to Suikoden 3. This is probably because the skil system actually limited the customization of characters in Suikoden 3, while in Suikoden 2, your own willingness to experiment and open rune slots were the limits of what you can do. I still discover new things about Suikoden 2, such as the human geography of the people of Tinto through looking at all the objects that are lying around--in Suikoden 3, you weren't able to inspect random barrels and boxes in towns and cities.

Suikoden 2 also had a storyline that was dynamic, in that it changed depending on the player's choice. Decisions made early on affected the outcome later, and by golly they made sure they had lines for every single character in such cases (such as the Tinto event). That's a lot of work!
Shabadoo

56688 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gotta go with Suikoden 1, with Suikoden 2 right behind it. I though that the first one had the best story and I personaly thought that it had the best style of full army combat.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Suikoden 2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with Suikoden two, though I might be biased because it was the first one I played. I love Riou and Jowy, plus Nanami, who is one of my favourite characters.

Suiko2 has the best plot out of the three games, IMO. I also enjoy the runes that Jowy and Riou use; I think that the power of those runes and how they tie into the overall story is ingenious. The character art in 2 is also the best in the series, IMO, and I love all of the mini games. Cooking!

I second everything this person said. :-D
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Suikoden 2 is ultimately the best game in the series. It doesn't have the pacing problems that haunt Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 3; it doesn't have the musical problems of Suikoden 3; it's gameplay is actually deeper, an and ultimately, it's plot is more cohesive than Suikoden 1 or 3's was.

Suikoden 2 was a great improvement on the first game.

The castle was better (it truly felt like a small, feudal town, not just 1 castle that was isolated from everything), the characters were stronger and more varied; I like that you could attach so many runes and the characterization, I think came off better in Suikoden 2. I mean, look at a character like Luca Blight - he should be totally unforgivable and totally cliche, but he seems, well, almost pitiful. Even though I really didn't like the guy, the scene with the fireflies? I felt so bad. Jowy's betrayal was another great twist; we should hate Jowy from that point on but we don't; we feel sorry for him.

The battle system was well thought out on all three fronts - Regular battles were six fighters which could be assembled any way you pleased (and with 60-80 or so characters who could fight, you had quite the selection to put forth), 1-3 runes per character, rune pieces in weapons, etc - all very nice. The war system was a great tactical battle system and had a GREAT piece of music to go along with it. The dueling system was rock, scissors, paper, but, well, it worked.

And finally, it was paced well. Compared to the relative problems of Suikoden 1 (which moved far too fast) and Suikoden 3 (which moved far too slow in the beginning, then far too fast in the end), Suikoden 2 had just about the right pacing - it carried itself well. I don't know really how to explain it? :/

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II, for most of the reasons stated. However, I felt the pacing was atrocious, and the overall storyline was what kept me from turning it off the first time through (I mean, really-- I shouldn't have to wait 10 hours before the juciest part of the game begins).

Suikoden's fantasy-themed locales and Suikoden III's skill system just weren't enough to outdo the fan favorite.
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say Suikoden 2 ( i have played that game like 7 times : ) Because i found interesting the Drama betwen Riou and Jowy and the political conflict betwen all the nations as well , this game kind of created a more realistic enviroment. Also i really liked all the Characters :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: