Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dumbest Ways you have died in a video game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Lonelion wrote:
I personnally hate fleeing but if you have no choice what can you do,a kick in the groin with steel toe safety boots in most cases especially if you start from your last save point and it's a bit further back in a game before a really tough spot you have to do over again.

I actually meant I flee'd from the weak random encounters I faced, and ended up a bit weak myself fighting compulsory boss battles with no option to go back and level up more. Thats really when it's painful.

True it would be,i usually fight the weaker encounters until they barely phase exp points,but still encounter a boss fight that overpowers the entire party just as fast.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whatadai

The Trojans

0 Potch
70 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NES Mario- Hitting the shell 23412341234 times to get 213412342134 lives. I ended up killing myself. At least I got a lot of lives?

DOTA- The first game I got confused and kept running into crowds of heroes and dying. =[
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I die a lot in MMORPGs, I always go to unknow places with weak equiment and no food or health recovering itens. I end up facing really strong monsters, and I simply die in a few seconds.

5907 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's one of my worst ones...

FF7:
This was my first time playing through the game, and I was at the final battle with One Winged Angel Sephiroth. He had beaten me quite a few times before (like I said, first time playing. I wasn't that good at RPGs, yet), but this time I knew I had him. Sephiroth was in the middle of casting Supernova. So, I had good old Barret ready to use a Megalixer on the party. As you may know, Supernova causes status effects. Barret just happened to get Confused, and tossed the Megalixer to Sephiroth. He and Cloud (also confused) then proceeded to kill each other, as well as Cid...who was at the time, a frog.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TotA: Getting hit by a double shot of Judgment because I just had to get my attack sequence in!
Phamex

Raccoon Dogs

135274 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, for me it would be Star Wars Battlefront 2. I can't count how many times I've walked off the edge of this or that catwalk. Stupid Death Star...GET SOME REAL WALKWAYS!! :evil:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dumbest deaths have probably been in morrowind. I tend to kill myself a lot, falling off high places, falling in lava, not paying attention and drowing myself. Walking into random tombs without shields and invis on and getting a fireball in the face. All good ways to die, I assure you!

-My DeviantArt-
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of dumb stories:

Star Ocean 2: Here's the story. I just got the Silver Horn and I wanted to fight Iselia Queen. I then thought to myself 'Wait...don't I need something?' Ah, who cares, I'll just fight her! Make a guess at what happened. *Rolls eyes*

Star Ocean 3: So I was just walking down the mountain when I see a nice side path. I took a walk there and thought 'Cool, a new area!'
...Until a nasty dragon came and ate me up for breakfast. :oops:

Shadow Hearts 3: So I was walking in a cavern and I meet a boss. I'm thinking that I read something about it, but I can't remember what exactly. Boom! Game over. (If you're wondering, it's petrify and he got everyone.)

Final Fantasy 8: So they were testing me by asking me to go in and defeat Ifrit in a set amount of time. I thought too highly of myself and said '10 minutes. Yup, 10 minutes to get rid of him.' Result? I got into too many fights and I got my first game over before even reaching him.

Disgaea 2: I was testing the DW, wondering what was this 'Game Over panel'. An enemy steps onto it. Bam! Game over.

And I'm counting this to be the dumbest way of dying so far:

Shadow Hearts 2: You know about the Tarot Cards in Shadow Hearts? There's this one called the Tower, that doubles your money. I happened to hit it and I saw my money increase rapidly and I thought, 'Swell, what a great way to earn money fast!' I then strengthened this effect by equipping something that would ensure that the effect was always doubled.
I went to the last dungeon to execute my master plan. The cards filpped by and by, causing me some apprehension. Then, I pressed the button of fate. 'Go, Tower, make me rich!' Result?
I got reversed Judgment special instead, which killed everyone. :roll:

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzamine wrote:
My dumbest deaths have probably been in morrowind. I tend to kill myself a lot, falling off high places, falling in lava, not paying attention and drowing myself. Walking into random tombs without shields and invis on and getting a fireball in the face. All good ways to die, I assure you!

One mistake that i made in Morrowind was that i used that speical Scroll of Icarus. It increases your jump power by 200 points, or something like that. As you can imagine, it increased by jump extremely, and i was practically flying across the continent. But i broke my neck when i fell back to earth. So unless you are ready to use it, don't evey try to use the Scroll of Icarus.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Super Mario World: I was running around and my cat walked by and unplugged the controller, and I didn't notice. A damn koopatroopa walked up to be and made me little, then one of those football guys runs at me and kills me. I wondered why I couldn't move. :?

Zelda - A Link to the Past: When I first got the game, I didn't realize falling down holes caused your life to slowly drain away each time you did it....whoops!

Mario 64: "Hmm...wonder what's down there?" Game Over.

Halo: My ex girlfriend and I were playing on a team, and I didn't know that friendly fire was existant, and we wound up killing each other randomly.

The Sims (PS2): "..NO STAY AWAY FROM THAT FIRE!!!" *presses buttons* *gets turned into zombie* *starts another fire* XD
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Elzamine wrote:

One mistake that i made in Morrowind was that i used that speical Scroll of Icarus. It increases your jump power by 200 points, or something like that. As you can imagine, it increased by jump extremely, and i was practically flying across the continent. But i broke my neck when i fell back to earth. So unless you are ready to use it, don't evey try to use the Scroll of Icarus.

Hahahaa, I did the same thing too! Only I used it, and when my character went super high, I didn't have a clue what was going on. I thought I broke the game or something then my girl came flying down and screamed and BAM! DEAD! ooooh... so that's what happened. Check, don't play with jump spell, check! ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Where to begin:

Suikoden 1: Did'nt save at all for ages and died at the zombie dragon. man that sucked.

Saint Row for X-box 360: On the game there are these huge oil and petrol trucks (you know the ones that have big cylinders on the back). And they make a huge explosion when shot at. I cant resist blowing them up and Ive died about 4 times on the game by being to close to then when they explode. lol worth it though.

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess my worst was being cocky for the Empheral Queen (Spelling?) In Radiata Stories, Jack Valkryie Kain and (forget her name but the girl with the wings on her helmet) were slaughtered in moments. It made impact on my life, no longer did I think I was the strongest.. :cry:
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In suikoden V actually I died or got a game over in a pretty dumb way I guess.

*spoiler*

when Barrows comes to you asking you if you want to take the crown for yourself and he offers his service and troops to your aid, you have the option to either accept his offer or tell him to GTFO

anyways I decided I wanted to be all evil and said yeah lets team up and kill my biatch sister and take the crown cause I want to be KING!!

but no you cant do that >_<

if that option is chosen you get a cutscene and everything goes bad for the main charachter and you get a game over

;-;

Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
In suikoden V actually I died or got a game over in a pretty dumb way I guess.

*spoiler*

when Barrows comes to you asking you if you want to take the crown for yourself and he offers his service and troops to your aid, you have the option to either accept his offer or tell him to GTFO

anyways I decided I wanted to be all evil and said yeah lets team up and kill my biatch sister and take the crown cause I want to be KING!!

but no you cant do that >_<

if that option is chosen you get a cutscene and everything goes bad for the main charachter and you get a game over

;-;

hahaha yeah i tried to do that too one time just out of curiosity, and yep, i get a game over at the end of it. It was a good cutscene though.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: