Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Race fuckup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Race fuckup Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A number of statistical problems have been found with how races work, and I've made changes to fix this. Also, I completely re-did the "duck" race because it didn't accurately reflect reality.

For this reason, everybody gets to choose their race once again (if they wish).

Have fun.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So all the races we have now are statistically wrong? Or just some(like Duck)?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not all. A few of them were wrong. I fixed them. So it's all good now.

Obviously, fixeing all this stuff has caused more delays to everything else.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the heads up, Vextor.

Sorry there's so much to be fixed. I'm sure it's a burden on you...

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it comes with the job. But I'd like to take a shower.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are the changes retroactive, so that say we chose Kobold initially and we want to keep it, would we then have to repick Kobold to have the changes affect us or would it not matter?

I would assume the latter to be the case but ya never know. :P

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't you just look at your own profile to see the answer? You're still a lizard aren't you? And your stats haven't decreased...

EDIT: Hang on, I think I get what you're saying. The changes that Vex made to fix the statistical problems are indeed retroactive.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
Can't you just look at your own profile to see the answer? You're still a lizard aren't you? And your stats haven't decreased...

Since one does not know which races were affected and which ones were not one can then not assume if any changes even took place or if they were retroactive unless they themselves are affected and have been tracking it. In the condition that for the sake of argument you are attempting to ascertain information to make available to members of your nation then there are certain steps besides 'look and see' which need to be taken.

That being said, since races are a new item whether or not I am a lizard is irrelevant as that would only help those wishing to be lizards and not those wishing to be elves or beavers or chipmunks for all anyone knows!

How many people do you know constantly watch their stats for any kind of minute change due to a screw up or a stat based board change? I can assure you in any one nation the numbers can be counted on 1 hand.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Changes of this nature are always retroactive, and theres is a good reason for that. Stats are all derived from every members' posting style. Thus, the only way anything can be "not retroactive" is if a members' posting style changes. There's no possible way to change things the other way around, unless I can manually get into each of your brains and change your personalities.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And that, Vextor would be just a bit freaky. Though, you could raise an army to worship you, and that'd be fun I imagine. Or an Army of coders to work on suikox while you go take that shower. :P

I have yet to settle on a race, so it doesn't really affect me in the least.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shit happens - in the early stages there'll always be teething problems. It's good that you are giving us the option to change again should we wish to.

Will this offer to change again be open indefinitely?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indefinitely.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah i noticed the change. Thanks for the opportunity to re-pick a 'Race'
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: