Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Another superhero is "killed off"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, he was when he got re-introduced as the Winter Soldier, but Cap was able to make him remember who he was. Anything by Ed Brubaker, Mark Millar and Bendis have been the best reads in either Marvel or DC. People may not agree with some of their decisions in terms of iconic characters but they know how to write a mean story.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
I really don't understand why people should even be sick and tired of comic book deaths not being permanent. This is common practice in the comic book industry since the before the Silver Age of the 1960's. Usually characters killed off return because new writers want to work and write about that character.

That doesn't make it any less stupid. The fact that it's common practice makes the deaths even more meaningless. If people wanted the characters to stick around, they wouldn't kill them off. People coming in and starting in on the comics should just have to face the facts that they can't use these characters anymore. With people like Captain America, I suppose it's quite reasonable to say that someone else puts on the mask and the shield. I don't have a big problem with that. Just when they have the exact same person come back to life thanks to a crazy geneticist, or "No! That was an alternate reality person!" that's when it gets stupid.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, no crazy geneticist for this Cap if Steve Rogers does come back to life it will most likely just due to his super-serum developed body healing itself but years to do so instead of just months.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UNSURMOUNTABLE RAGE.

Captain America was my hero...

...and I'm canadian ;_;
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, as many here have already mentioned he probably won't stay dead permanently. He'll be back soon enough.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can only see Punisher picking up the helm for a miniseries (granted i would love to read said miniseries) but i'd like to just see a few really well written series come from it as opposed to some kind of new storyline to coast the origial along.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Ed Brubaker is the current writer and will be for the next two years of the title and he's already outlined what the storyline will be during his run. Brubaker's got a dark streak and crime thriller style to his writing so getting a good story from his won't be a problem. Whether he brings Captain America back or not during the next two years will be up to him.

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thinking about the potential badassery of Frank Castle weilding a machine gun and the shield brings great images to my head, and I would love to see something interesting develop, my favourite chunk of captain america is the WW2 era stylings, and would like to see it brought out more (as far as the epic struggle feel goes)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: