Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rakgi's Father, Brandeau and Steele
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:

"Captured by a militant faction insisting that he atone for the crime of spreading Rune Cannons to the world, he dies."

Mob? Nope. Kyril was technically a military group from Scarlet Moon (at least the Heinz bit was). There's no reason that Kyril couldn't have been that "military faction," or that it couldn't have been one of the factions from Kooluk.

Invest in a dictionary and put it to good use.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I apologize. I totally read that as "military" faction (feel free to bash my reading comprehension ^_^). I guess I was thinking about that different factions of Kooluk's military, and I misread it. My mistake!

Regardless, I still see no reason his death couldn't have been involved in the game. As soon as we heard about the premises of the game, I immediately thought "Oh, I bet we'll get to kill Warlock/see him die!" Whether it was a military faction, a militant faction, or a mob of angry villagers with pitchforks, there's no reason they couldn't have involved Warlock in Tactics (seeing as we figured out the time of his death from Tactics IIRC).

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering Warlock caused the whole incident then it would be nice to see him yes. He always struck me as a minor character anyway, Suikoden Tactics gave him a whole nother level of importance.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just watched the scene where Lino talks to Lazlo about what happened with his wife and the Rune, and it was indeed a pirate attack, and not Kooluk. That would explain why the ships in the intro are of the pirate model. The dead soldier must be an Obel soldier (they're lying down, so you can't really tell where they're from anyways).

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the official story was that it was pirates, but in reality it was Koouk's first attempt to expand into The Island Nations, the entire fleet was trounced by The Rune of Punishment, this is why Kooluk waited a while to try to expand southwards again and hence, Suikoden IV.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, well nobody mentioned that here so I had no idea. Where exactly is that from? The official guide? Because I'm pretty sure that's never said in-game.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

poorguy171 wrote:
Oh, well nobody mentioned that here so I had no idea. Where exactly is that from? The official guide? Because I'm pretty sure that's never said in-game.

Actually myself and Vextor mentioned it earlier in the thread. :P
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
poorguy171 wrote:

Actually myself and Vextor mentioned it earlier in the thread. :P

Nobody had said anything about the pirates actually being Kooluk. All I've seen said is that it was just the Kooluk and the evidence was a dead Kooluk soldier on the ship behind the Queen (which as I said before, it's kinda hard to tell anyways).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: