Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Editorial: True Runes and Tarot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adversary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone have a description on what all the true runes we know so far do?
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm nice and late on this one, too 8)

Quote:
I was also wondering, what Humanistic Elements would the Dragon Rune be?

My opinion would be the Dragon Rune would represent steadfastness, integrity, and ability. Those kind of come to me off the top of my head, but I think they match the qualities of both the Dragons and the ones that handle the Dragons rather well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

My opinion would be the Dragon Rune would represent steadfastness, integrity, and ability. Those kind of come to me off the top of my head, but I think they match the qualities of both the Dragons and the ones that handle the Dragons rather well.

OH... Human qualities... I wonder what the Rune that refers to the "Wheel of Fortune" be? I still speculate Viki... But i guess we can say... A good mix of Concern, Naivete, Selflessness... :D

Rune of Punishment would be, Brooding, Forgiving, and Sense of Justice.

Moon Rune could be Protective, Ubiquitous, Leadership.

I'm not sure of anything else.

Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rocky wrote:
I'm nice and late on this one, too 8)

Quote:
I was also wondering, what Humanistic Elements would the Dragon Rune be?

Thanks now I have a pair of contradicting Elements of Dragon, Integrity and Pride. Have you noticed how our known Dragon Knights have huge integrity, that seems only to be matched by their Pride, and Pride is a negative element, am I right.
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mean to be a party crasher or anything. I want to say that first. And, of course, I blame no one for skipping my post because of the above statement. Anywho, onward with my argument: For starters, there are misunderstandings to the nature of the Tarot cards of the major Arcana (also called the Enigmas), as their names do not contain the meaning of the cards. For example, the card THE LOVERS represents, not love, but rivalry, and having to choose between two different opposing options (such as -TADA- your lover). If one is looking for a card that represents love, I recommend the Deuce of Cups. THE MAGICIAN would therefore not destroy anything at all, but in actuallity control it. TEMPERANCE actually does represent balance in readings. THE DEVIL actaully represents being bound by fate (Rune of Punishment, anyone?), whereas THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE, a very ambiguous card, usually is held as a variable, something not predicted. THE WORLD probably would not represent the Gate Rune, because THE WORLD represents the unity of all things and the banishment of duality (note that in some older cards, the dancing woman in the middle was actually hermaphroditic) Of course, there is also the matter of there being 27 True Runes, even more counting divisions, and only 22 Enigmas.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine wrote:
I don't mean to be a party crasher or anything. I want to say that first. And, of course, I blame no one for skipping my post because of the above statement. Anywho, onward with my argument: For starters, there are misunderstandings to the nature of the Tarot cards of the major Arcana (also called the Enigmas), as their names do not contain the meaning of the cards. For example, the card THE LOVERS represents, not love, but rivalry, and having to choose between two different opposing options (such as -TADA- your lover). If one is looking for a card that represents love, I recommend the Deuce of Cups. THE MAGICIAN would therefore not destroy anything at all, but in actuallity control it. TEMPERANCE actually does represent balance in readings. THE DEVIL actaully represents being bound by fate (Rune of Punishment, anyone?), whereas THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE, a very ambiguous card, usually is held as a variable, something not predicted. THE WORLD probably would not represent the Gate Rune, because THE WORLD represents the unity of all things and the banishment of duality (note that in some older cards, the dancing woman in the middle was actually hermaphroditic) Of course, there is also the matter of there being 27 True Runes, even more counting divisions, and only 22 Enigmas.

Yes, 22 "Enigmas" fits in with my theory on the 22 Heavenly Runes "Humanistic". which leaves 5 Earthly Runes "Basic Elements".
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that tarot article is largely fluff. I'm in the process of writing something more in-depth.
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just remembered something along those lines of elements: Some of the more complicated decks possessed as many as 97 cards rather than the usual 78. Some of these possess an extra card for each of the four elements. However, it's a sham in my opinion anyway because the for suits each have their own elements, and the ace of a given suit would have the characteristics of the elemental cards(I want to say it was an alchemical thing).

"Yeah, that tarot article is largely fluff. I'm in the process of writing something more in-depth." - Of course, currently being fluff, I guess it isn't important.

I am, however, looking forward to the SARSadmin's next project hinted at above.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow a more in-depth article, and on my favorite subject. I cant wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: