Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

UFC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Randy Couture WINS Heavyweight Title Match!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Randy Couture WINS The Heavyweight Title From Tim Sylvia and is the new champion after 5 rounds of great fighting hope theres a rematch!!
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What a beautiful win that was. Couture outmatched Silvia in every way. Silvia had no answer for Couture's wrestling skills and adaptability and power on the ground. What's more, Silvia, who is supposed to be a very powerful striker, was outfought standing up in every single round as well. That punch in the first round that Couture landed that send Silvia to the match was absolutely beautiful. What's more, the third round was fought standing the entire round, and Couture put on a clinic. His movement was great, ducking and dodging the vast majority of what Silvia threw at him, and continuously landing his own shots.

All in all, it seemed to me like Silvia just didn't have it in him to win. I didn't see any fire from Silvia, any agression, any desire. Couture was just the opposite though. He pressed the action in every round as his score and unanimous decision showed. Silvia was like a big dumb ox and Couture was like a nimble snake that was able to keep on getting bites in.

All in all it was a much deserved win for Couture and I'm happy that he is the title holder. He will be a far better champion than Silvia was. No champion should ever give the bird to the crowd that is watching him.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that the belt will never go back to Silvia. I don't think that he would be able to beat Arlovski again and Couture is back in the mix. And, lest we forget, Mirko Cro Cop. I don't think that the belt will be around Couture's waist after he fights Cro Cop.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

huzzah randy couture pulled off what people thought would be impossible for him. here's hoping for a good length title run for him. matt hughes and rich franklin both won their matches. matt hamill also wins his match.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was great fights Matt Hughes said he wants to fight more fight and not wait around waiting for gps to fight his three fight that he has set up for him by ufc he want to keep in shape and ready when they do fight for the belt. Rich Frankin said he's taking his time to soak up his win and see what ufc has plan for his next fight and and go from there on to training for his next fight. Randy Couture was real happy that his game plan worked so well that it shock him that he beat Tim Sylvia all five rounds in the fight. now we will have to wait to see who he wiil fight next and what will Tim have to say after getting his ass whip by Randy and there was notting he could do to stop it.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

figures that matt hughes would want to keep on fighting. the guy is a animal in the ufc. at least at the next ufc ppv we will finally get to see george st. pierre against matt serra.

glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Matt Hughes said it should be a good fight and he thinks that Georges st Pierre should win it plus he had two other matches to fight Like Diego Sanchez sitting in the wings waiting for there Title match but i hope they have there rematch sometime this year and not draged out to next year i do not know if i can wait that long for a rematch? But we get to see some matches in April on Spike Tv on UFC Fight Night LiveShould be some great fight on its card.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gsp should win but i wouldn't mind seeing serra take it. i say before the end of 2007 hughes will get his title shot. hopefully maybe some time during the summer he will.

glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Hope So It Should Say Who's The Better Fighter In The Third Fight Georges St Pierre Or Matt Hughes And To See If Hughes Moves Up In Weight Class Or Not After They Fight Or Not?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i doubt hughes will move up in weight since he's so good at middleweight.

glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Just Got Word That Chuck Liddell Will Fight Quinton Jackson For The Title May 29.
Should Be A Great Rematch See If Chuck Can Beat Quinton Or Will Quinton Go Up 2 and 0 On Chuck?
Kai Ver' Xion

The Ebon Elite

356999 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My money is on the Iceman.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

of course chuck would be favored, the champs are usually the favored in title matches. plus chuck has been on fire lately so here's hoping chuck will knock him out.

glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats True But You Never Know One Mistake And He Lose To Quinton Jackson But I Do Not Think Chuck Liddell Will Make That Mistake Bout You Nether Know What's Going To Happen In A Fight. I Hope They Get Some more Good Matches On The Card.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's the big point. one mistake and it could cost you the match. the best fighter in the world can go down by the crappiest with just one mistake or punch. but i haven't seen chuck make any mistakes or big mistakes in any of his recent fights so he should be good enough.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like it's official. UFC has bought Japanese-based Pride Fighting Championship. the two organizations will remain separate entities but plans down the line to hold super matches between champions of both leagues.

UFC buys Pride Fighting circuit

A planned UFC-Pride merger could provide dream bouts for mixed martial arts fans
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 7 of 30

Jump to: