Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question about True Rune bearers;

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puu

Royal Yaoi Fanpeep Brigade

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Question about True Rune bearers; Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know this has been asked so much before, and I know that True Rune 'immortality' isn't immortality per se... However, what I want to ask is this...

Can True Rune bearers die by starvation? This is more a "define natural causes" kind of question... I mean, we know True Rune bearers cannot die by natural causes but what exactly are those natural causes?

I was thinking, if True Rune bearers can die if they neglect their health, wouldn't that make their 'immortality' less powerful?

T_T It would be neat if they could only die when killed.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My answer would be that yes, a True Rune Bearer should be able to die from starvation. True Runes grant agelessness and immunity from disease and not immortality, as you partially stated. One's body would shut down from lack of sustenance the same as it would from being mortally wounded.

This is just my logical conclusion based on the facts we already know, so it could be incorrect. I'd say that its very likely, however.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Puu

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
My answer would be that yes, a True Rune Bearer should be able to die from starvation. True Runes grant agelessness and immunity from disease and not immortality, as you partially stated. One's body would shut down from lack of sustenance the same as it would from being mortally wounded.

This is just my logical conclusion based on the facts we already know, so it could be incorrect. I'd say that its very likely, however.

But if it can prevent the body from aging (basically deteriorating in a sense) shouldn't it be able to affect that too? In a way, the agelessness = pausing the body's natural flow... so, could it possibly affect the body so it's in like a frozen state and so that... well, starving wouldn't kill them?

...just thinking anyway 8D
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Through starvation, that's a GREAT idea! Oh Lazlo... c'mere a minute....

This is another hard to answer thread. I'm thinking yes as well, based on the fact they also need to sleep (Which is an assumption, but I'm sure it would have come up in some point within several games if they didn't have to.) This shows that their bodily functions still work, including the need for nourishment.

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:

This is another hard to answer thread. I'm thinking yes as well, based on the fact they also need to sleep (Which is an assumption, but I'm sure it would have come up in some point within several games if they didn't have to.) This shows that their bodily functions still work, including the need for nourishment.

It can be just a sort of mimicking of previous functions though? And energy wouldn't change...

I just can't imagine Leknaat eating :( Especially if she lived alone in that island. Or Luc.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Or Luc.

Suikoden 2, Iron Chef Minigame.

Leknaat can summon food probably. And even then it would be very dainty-like.

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Quote:

Or Luc.

Suikoden 2, Iron Chef Minigame.

He gave me bad scores =(

Yvl wrote:

Leknaat can summon food probably. And even then it would be very dainty-like.

Leknaat likes sushi, maybe! 8D But yeah, I hope Konami clears this and makes them unable to die by starvation :D !
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't there a rule that if the True Dragon Rune bearer would die. All the dragons would die on earth would die or something like that. In my opinion, the true rune makes the cell regeneration of the bearers constant making them immune from age. If the true rune grants immortality on diseases, why do the characters with true runes still get poisoned or something like that. Won't they also be immune? About the sword stabbing thing, I doubt the cell regenerate that fast. The true rune probably just makes the cell regeneration constant so the bearer is immuned from agelessness.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well there's no question that true rune bearers can die of being stabbed, otherwise there wouldn't be much challenge to the games would there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: