Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dragon Horses after the Sun Rune War

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Dragon Horses after the Sun Rune War Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any idea what lead the whole split and reformations among the dragon calvary. I do not understand what the reason was to break up the Dragon Calvary.

We end the game off from what i saw with just Craig Laden seeing himself to inflexible to lead the Dragon Horses any more. He saw that it was his fault that the Dragon Horses were taking Hostage from the begining. And then we find out that there are two sets of Dragon Horse Knights.

We have the Dragon Horse Knights under Rahal that are the traditional ones, from what i see, unless they went under a series of reformations other then them allowing girls to enter their ranks. This also meant that Lun was our first female Dragon Horse Knight. However, I do not see much of a difference from this Dragon Horse Knight after the reformation then before hand other then they allow women to join their ranks.

Then we have the Knights rules by Roog. I do not understand how this came up. We do not see alot of information about these guys after the war. All we know is that he forms a new rank of Dragon Horse Knights name the Sun Palace Dragon Calvary. Since they have joined under the Sun Palace does this mean that they will war with any war in Falena, not just those who invade the land of Falena.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd call them less of a set than a branch. Rahal was senior and more able to lead, so Craig appointed him the new "Boss-boss" I think that then Rahal appointed Roog.

I'll post more later

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Dragon Cavalry was never broken up. Craig Laden simply retired and succeed by Rahal who then did many reformations within the rigid Dragon Cavalry's system, including the admission of females into their ranks (proven by acceptance of Lun into their ranks) and the resolution to fight for Falena's best interest and not just to defend her from foreign attacks (proven by the establishment of Sun Palace Dragon Cavalry led by Roog).

The Sun Palace Dragon Cavalry is not a separate faction from the Dragon Cavalry as a whole; it is merely a division of the Dragon Cavalry dedicated to serve the royal family (although it is possibly given autonomy to some extent). On the other hand, such condition is potential to also lead to conflicts of interests...

[EDIT]: Grammatical error. I hate it when that happens.

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh thank you Mcduck. the way i understood it, was that tthe Dragon Calvary had a split.

They never really said that it was broken up really so that is something i assumed. But i never saw them say anything about the reformation of the Sun Palace Dragon Calvary However. Can you provide a link for that so i can understand that better please.

And to the reformations. Yes i knew about the reformations, as well as Lun being the first female dragon horse knight. However I did not know that the Sun Palace dragon calvary was part of the reformation.

And i would guess this would go under this too. Did they still have the gambling on Dragon Horses after the reformations too or would you suppose he stopped it in order to do other things.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:

And i would guess this would go under this too. Did they still have the gambling on Dragon Horses after the reformations too or would you suppose he stopped it in order to do other things.

It was never mentioned. The gambling and whole Dragon Horses mini game was never a big part of the story and only served as an excuse for a mini game.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:
mumbay wrote:

It was never mentioned. The gambling and whole Dragon Horses mini game was never a big part of the story and only served as an excuse for a mini game.

It is possible though, Craig Laden thought it was a good way to boost motivation and performance, not sure what Rahal would do though. :P
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was actually mentioned. Craig Laden himself said so. When you talk to him (I'm not too sure if it's only activated at a few points in the game or not) in your headquarters, he said that he doesn't like the gambling Haleth does, but it gives the dragon horse riders incentives and it makes them train more, so he allows it.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats what I was referring to, sir. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: